997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Farnbacher Loles 997S Mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 07:28 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I know that the car is no longer on ebay, I hope Paul picked it up.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:43 AM
hidesert is infamous around these parts
OK, now I get it. The X51 package is just ridiculously hard to find, so F-L installed an engine with it into this car.
I hadn't researched the X51 to understand its' value and scarcity.
Hope you got the car!

Old 03-02-2008, 10:51 PM
PorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to behold
I PICKED UP THE CAR YESTERDAY! Please see my original post that I just edited for more info. Thanks.

Last edited by PorschePaul; 03-02-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:27 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorschePaul
I PICKED UP THE CAR YESTERDAY! Please see my original post that I just edited for more info. Thanks.
Congradulation, The new car sounds awesome.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:29 PM
ap1dc5 is infamous around these parts
nice mod!

Old 03-03-2008, 05:35 AM
hidesert is infamous around these parts
Congratulations Paul! Glad that it worked out for you, and it sounds like a fantastic car...looking forward to more driving impressions and pics.
Sent you a PM.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:58 PM
PorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hidesert
Congratulations Paul! Glad that it worked out for you, and it sounds like a fantastic car...looking forward to more driving impressions and pics.
Sent you a PM.
Reply sent to your PM.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:40 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
pics please>>>>

sounds great congrats!

MARCH 2nd UPDATE: I picked up the car Idescribed below yesterday and all I can is WOW! The car has unbelievable torque - pulls real hard in 1st and 2nd gears. Speed Gallery that did the PPI said it has more torque then a 997 GT-3! The Bilstein suspension is great. In normal mode the ride is very good; put the sport mode on and the car handles like it is on rails. The 997 interior is fabulous. I loved my 996TT but with the mods this car has I don't feel power deprived. I'll post pictures after I get it cleaned up. Thanks to all of you who gave me your input.

I'm considering a 997S that had a lot of work done by Farnbacher Loles in CT. including the following:

Install new Porsche 3.8L, X-51 factory crate engine
Install Farnbacher Loles ECU
Install Fabspeed exhaust
Install X-51 airbox
Install B&M Short Shifter
Install Bilstein PASM-compatible coilover system

and some tasteful cosmetic stuff

The car drives great and is loaded with factory options too. Anybody's experience with this company's work, and this set-up in particular, or any other input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:09 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
pics?

pics?

MARCH 2nd UPDATE: I picked up the car Idescribed below yesterday and all I can is WOW! The car has unbelievable torque - pulls real hard in 1st and 2nd gears. Speed Gallery that did the PPI said it has more torque then a 997 GT-3! The Bilstein suspension is great. In normal mode the ride is very good; put the sport mode on and the car handles like it is on rails. The 997 interior is fabulous. I loved my 996TT but with the mods this car has I don't feel power deprived. I'll post pictures after I get it cleaned up. Thanks to all of you who gave me your input.

I'm considering a 997S that had a lot of work done by Farnbacher Loles in CT. including the following:

Install Fabspeed exhaust
Install X-51 airbox

The car drives great and is loaded with factory options too. Anybody's experience with this company's work, and this set-up in particular, or any other input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:15 AM
RAF
RAF is infamous around these parts

Install Fabspeed exhaust
Install X-51 airbox

Thanks.
Hi Paul,
Your car sounds very similar to mine. I have a 997 S '06 with the X51 package. The car has the full AWE exhaust system (headers and cats). Kip re-flashed the ECU and installed the same Bilstein suspension. According to Kip, my car now produces approximately 395 HP, at the flywheel. How does your compare using Fabspeed exhaust?
Rgds
Raf

Old 04-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by RAF
Hi Paul,
Your car sounds very similar to mine. I have a 997 S '06 with the X51 package. The car has the full AWE exhaust system (headers and cats). Kip re-flashed the ECU and installed the same Bilstein suspension. According to Kip, my car now produces approximately 395 HP, at the flywheel. How does your compare using Fabspeed exhaust?
Rgds
Raf
I love it with the Fabspeed. Kip told me when I spoke to him before I bought the car that is was producing "near 400 HP" so I guess similar to yours with. Soon as I get past my April 15th deadline and have a life again I'll post some pics. So happy with my purchase.