997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

wheels and bodykit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 09:48 AM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Looks great. What are you planning on doing with the TechArt kit?

Old 03-12-2008, 12:26 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by caveatesq
Looks great. What are you planning on doing with the TechArt kit?
The Techart kit hasn't even seen any road time yet.Had it painted,installed it then started this project.If this all works out I will be selling it,hopefully to someone wih a black car.
Yes I will be trying to make a front lip as well,but not until the sides are done.
Sure hope this all works out,LOL !
Thanks for the comments so far.

Stacy

Old 03-12-2008, 12:38 PM
PHIL2 is infamous around these parts
Wow that is sick!

Old 03-12-2008, 01:14 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Originally Posted by justatoy
The Techart kit hasn't even seen any road time yet.Had it painted,installed it then started this project.If this all works out I will be selling it,hopefully to someone wih a black car.
Yes I will be trying to make a front lip as well,but not until the sides are done.
Sure hope this all works out,LOL !
Thanks for the comments so far.

Stacy
I've got a black C2S coupe and would be interested in the TechArt kit. Let me know if you decide to sell.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:38 PM
justblaze is infamous around these parts
I would suggest a flat gold finish ...

Old 03-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
awesome work stacy.. subscribing

Old 03-15-2008, 12:05 PM
bondguy is infamous around these parts
Let me know if you decide to sell the Techart kit, I have a black C2 as well, Thanks.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:50 AM
neijia is infamous around these parts
It's going to look great Stacy; I for one appreciate the artistic aspect of your process... I love it

Old 03-16-2008, 08:34 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
I can't say thank-you enough for the positive feedback from you,it really means alot !
Here are a few more updated pics from today,enjoy(for those following).
It is amazing how the car itself will dictate the profile of the parts as they are formed.Now just to make the other side match !

Attached Images      
Old 03-18-2008, 03:16 PM
lsbe36 is infamous around these parts
Cool! Thanks for the pics looks great!

Old 03-18-2008, 03:50 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
You are doing a great job Stacy, hopefully I run into you around town.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:02 AM
Sideskirts and rear spats are done,so off to the paint shop next week to paint the proto-types,hopefully.
Making the duplicate for the other side is usually pretty tuff but this went with no problems and relatively easy and it doesn't usually happen that way.
I will paint the proto-types just to see if I like the look before spending the big money on molds.
I also need to get my tires and wheels mounted,I think that will help the overall look.Somehow the bodykits look better with the bigger wheels,bodykits and stock wheels just don't look right IMO.
Thanks again for looking !

Attached Images     

Last edited by justatoy; 03-24-2008 at 01:09 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:11 AM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
looking good stacy. is it this picture? or does the sides rears look a bit lower then the rear bumper fronts? anycase.. great progress

Old 03-24-2008, 01:17 AM
Yes they are a bit lower by 1/2 ".This is one of the things I was still thinking about changing.Would only take an hour to sand the rear of the skirt down and re-do.It also looks like greater difference in the pics for some reason.The main reason may be because the natural lines to the car on the rear fenders makes the sideskirts curve out(wider) and the bumper curves under and there is just no way to follow the exact same profile without it looking funny.
The way I was looking at it was the Techart sides with NO rear pieces ends up being a bigger difference than this,thus leaving it this way.I really need my wheels and tires on the car and the kit painted black.Right now the kit stands out like a sore thumb !

Thanks for the opinion,it helps alot to be critiqued(hope that is how you spell it).

Last edited by justatoy; 03-24-2008 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:42 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
What material did you use to make these?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: wheels and bodykit