997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

wheels and bodykit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
Sweet job on the sideskirts, they look amazing!
Also, this is the second set of gold wheels I've seen in two days that I really like. And I usually hate gold wheels... don't know what's going on here.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:47 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Stacy,

The car looks perfect! Great detailing, nice kit, aggressive stance, excellent contrast with the wheels, and perfect ride height! Congrats on a job well done

This has got to be one of my favorite cabs here on the 6: simple, elegant, classic

Old 05-20-2008, 02:33 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by spyder997s
Stacy,

The car looks perfect! Great detailing, nice kit, aggressive stance, excellent contrast with the wheels, and perfect ride height! Congrats on a job well done

This has got to be one of my favorite cabs here on the 6: simple, elegant, classic
I can't thank-you guys enough for all the kind words !
I would be lying if I said I didn't like it but it is what drives me to do these crazy projects !
I have so much admiration for people who have the passion for cars that when these same people throw a compliment back,it is overwhelming!
I have the GT3 rear bumper painted in my garage waiting to go on but I like the car so much right now I would hate to ruin the clean lines.
I like the GT3 rear because it is about one inch lower than the stock bumper thus making the lower sides blend with the back bumper better.I am pretty sure it will look as good with the new bumper but I would be interested in any thoughts you guys may have?

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 05-20-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
If I were you I would keep the car as is. If you're going to do the GT3 bumper, you "have to" have the GT3 front as well IMO, and as good as that may look, your current setup is miles better. The GT3 stuff is certainly more agressive but I think it suits (sp?) the coupe better.

Slap on a supercharger instead!!

Old 05-20-2008, 04:44 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
The bumper will look great, put it on!

Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2008, 07:22 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Well,I put the rear bumper in place !
What do you think?
GT3 or not to GT3 the rear ?
Crappy pics but the best I can do,raining outside !

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1253.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	70042   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1255.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	70043   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1261.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	70044   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1256.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	70045  

Last edited by justatoy; 05-21-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:39 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
looks really good Stacy. Can't wait to hook up one day and see it in person.

Ed

Old 05-21-2008, 08:56 PM
themperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the rough
NICE...I like it! Flows well with the entire car. Because it's black, it's aggresive but not overstated or "Rice"

Old 05-21-2008, 09:15 PM
mark911997sC is infamous around these parts
My votes for the gt3 bumper. How are you going to do the exhaust? Cars looking very nice.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by mark911997sC
My votes for the gt3 bumper. How are you going to do the exhaust? Cars looking very nice.
I have a real good stainless exhaust guy local to me,done plenty of exhaust systems to my other cars in the past.
He is going to stop by the house in the next few days to have a look,but I think we are going to just modify the fabspeed I already have.

Stacy

Old 05-22-2008, 12:09 AM
ModHog is infamous around these parts
I must admit I was a little skeptical about the GT3 rear on a cab but it looks very nice.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:05 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
I thought I would like the gt3 rear better, but for some reason, I like the original bumper more. I think its because the dual tail pipes flatten the stance more, so to speak, since they draw an observers eyes outward.

Maybe it just has to grow on me The details on the GT3 bumper look very cool though.

Either way, the car still looks great. Decisions, decisions...

Old 05-22-2008, 09:13 AM
mvorkinn is infamous around these parts
Not the Gt3 rear. It looks nice, but i don't like the centered exhaust concept.. And the original looks better on your car! I must say that is one sweet custom bodykit :O You are amazing!!

Old 05-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by spyder997s
I thought I would like the gt3 rear better, but for some reason, I like the original bumper more. I think its because the dual tail pipes flatten the stance more, so to speak, since they draw an observers eyes outward.

Maybe it just has to grow on me The details on the GT3 bumper look very cool though.

Either way, the car still looks great. Decisions, decisions...
I am leaning this way as well !!!
Anybody need the GT3 rear bumper.... !!

I am going to take a couple more days of looking at it just to be sure !
But damn the stock bumper looks soooo clean on a CAB..!
Coupe probably a different story !

*****EDIT*****
Don't need a couple of days....gonna go back to the stock rear
Cab just doesn't suit it.....coupe..forsure !
Looks "S-i-c-k" from the back,really wide.

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 05-22-2008 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Thou is infamous around these parts
Good decision man, definetly prefer the stock bumper too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: wheels and bodykit