997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Standard vs Sport Adaptive seats?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 05:46 PM
12007tt is infamous around these parts
Standard vs Sport Adaptive seats?

Has anyone used both? I am a 997tt owner with standard seats and back problems. Can't drive my Porsche. Drive my X5 and old E39 M5 pain free.

Any advice welcome. Thinking of trying a set of adaptive seats in the car before I just sell it. Had a 996 with no problems.

K

Old 02-16-2008, 06:46 PM
C4S
C4S is infamous around these parts
Adaptive Sport Seats

I have Chronic Pain from two bad back surgeries and am in the same boat as you. The adaptive sport seats are by and large the best car seats I have ever been in. The are soooo comfortable. You can adjust them so many different ways.My other cars are Volvos which are famous for comfort but I think Porsche adaptive sport seats are even better. They are worth a try. I would just get a ride in one before purchasing.

The suspension of the car is another story and they won't soften the ride. However if you investigate closely Porsche does put a rubber shock absorber system of sorts into the seat bottom to soften the ride. This is why you often see posts about the passenger seat jiggling when empty...it is actually a good thing.

Good luck and don't give up yet.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
I can't speak to Porsche adaptive seats but I did order them in the 530i we have and they are very, very nice seats.

The Daytona power seats in my 360 are less than fully comfortable for me. I have sat in the regular, non-power seats in the 360 and find those much more comfortable.

Since I am the only one who drives the 360, the power seats are w/o real value to me as I never change the seat position.

I too suffer from two back surgeries but in my case they worked!

I vote for adaptive seats where ever and when ever available!

Old 02-17-2008, 12:01 PM
MichaelL is infamous around these partsMichaelL is infamous around these parts
I, too, suffer from occasional lower back pain. Some of those days, the only time I am comfortable is sitting in the car. I just wish that there was an extra inch or two of leg room in the 997. The Boxster & Cayman are very uncomfortable due to insufficient legroom, doesn't matter what seats they have. Hard to drive a car when your knees are level with the center of the steering wheel.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:23 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
I have the sport adaptive seats in my 997 c2s and they are extremely comfy, probably the best seats I have ever sat in...and I have sat in quite a few seats, stock and racing.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:18 AM
larrytrk is infamous around these parts
Got rid of my 964 because I couldn't get comfortable on long trips and clutch was to stiff in traffic. Was going to get a Tip with sport seats, Sat in my car with adaptives, sport shift and bought it. Instant comfort equals instant Love.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:02 AM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Depending on your size, you may find either of the two seats fit you better. I second the comment above that you test drive a seat before you make a decision. Standard seats bring lower back pain relief to me. Back pain can take a long time to resolve, with or without surgery. Feel better, Gerry

Old 02-18-2008, 07:26 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I have two 997S, the first one I bought has the standard seats (power) and although I wasn't uncomfortable in the seats, I would notice from time to time that they were hard to find that ultimate comfort zone in. My second 997S has the *** and they are an awesome upgrade. I will be on the track in a few weeks and know that they will make the day more enjoyable. As for daily driver seats go, almost as nice as my 05 Audi S4 Seats.

If you can find some one selling the *** I would get them, you will be very happy.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:33 AM
Banned
1carnut is infamous around these parts
I had a problem with the reg seats, then bought a pair of adaptives from a 997GT3, they made a huge difference.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:50 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
lol... your seats have ***. j/k

Seriously - I have the Adaptive Sport Seats and they are comfy. Never spent much time in the standard seats.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:55 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lig
lol... your seats have ***. j/k
Usually just the driver! Although while driving I think that all the other cars have *** at the controls.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:31 PM
12007tt is infamous around these parts
Thanks everyone. I'll see if I can find a car with the adaptives to drive for more than 5 minutes. Any good aftermarket seats out there? I would hate to give up on the car. K

Old 02-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by 12007tt
Thanks everyone. I'll see if I can find a car with the adaptives to drive for more than 5 minutes. Any good aftermarket seats out there? I would hate to give up on the car. K
I would try them out, see if you can swap your TT for any 997 with ***, get a feel for them and then decide. If you want I will trade my S for your TT

Old 02-19-2008, 06:36 PM
EJC997S is infamous around these parts
Still deciding whether to change my build order to the ***. What percentage of owners have the seats? It seems that most swear by them!! I keep adding more stuff to my order the longer it takes It better get built soon!

Old 02-19-2008, 06:59 PM
InTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud of
This past weekend, as I was finalizing my order in anticipation of it closing in the next couple of days, I spent as lot of time checking out the power seats versus ***'s.

They are very similar in many ways in terms of adjustments, but the added lower seat bolster adjustments and rear bolster adjustments are/were a great feature.

I've heard many reports from people with bad backs saying how great they are. I decided they were worth the upgrade (about $1000 over power seats)--what other part of the car, other than the engine, do you become that "intimate" with?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Standard vs Sport Adaptive seats?