997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Should I switch to Softronic from GIAC?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Marine8541 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dndodd
I have APR tuning and I am very happy with the results.

I doubt any one of these programs is significantly better than the other. JMHO.

How can one be that much better than another? Nothing mechanical changed, their are limits to what can be changed.

It would be really interesting for a magazine to do a shootout but I doubt it will happen.

Like others, their claims HP and TQ are high unless they include all other modifications like airbox and exhausts.
Some (Softronic) are just inherently better than others. Softronic does not make claims nor use others technology for their software.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:15 PM
MCLC26 is infamous around these parts
So, now I know what my next purchase for the car will be...

Going to see if I can dyno the car as it stands now (GIAC) and after with the Softronic to chart the difference...

Anyone know a good place to get my car dyno'd in the Long Island area (Nassau County preferably)?

Thanks for all the good info guys..

Old 03-06-2008, 05:42 PM
B-moreBroker is infamous around these parts
Just got off the phone with Scott (Marine8541) and put my order in for the Softronic... he took about 45 minutes of his time to go into every question I asked about in detail - great guy... I am extremely excited about the ability of the program to keep sport chrono in the "on" position at all times as my disabled PASM wont allow it to function because of my aftermarket coilovers... I am also excited about the program's ability to have the engine adapt to 100 octane fuel to increase performance and horsepower at track!!!

Sounds like the best mod yet...

Old 03-06-2008, 08:05 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by B-moreBroker
Just got off the phone with Scott (Marine8541) and put my order in for the Softronic... he took about 45 minutes of his time to go into every question I asked about in detail - great guy... I am extremely excited about the ability of the program to keep sport chrono in the "on" position at all times as my disabled PASM wont allow it to function because of my aftermarket coilovers... I am also excited about the program's ability to have the engine adapt to 100 octane fuel to increase performance and horsepower at track!!!

Sounds like the best mod yet...
You've done some nice mods to your car and this Softronic ECU flash sounds like it will pull all those mods together. Are you going to dyno the car? I'd love to see what this mods together with you other mods did for power.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:24 PM
B-moreBroker is infamous around these parts
I will dyno as soon as the work is complete...

Old 03-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Plain and simple, if you want to try Softronic out, contact myself. Scott and I have always made it apparent that if you dont notice the difference, we wont charge for it....

Old 03-10-2008, 06:26 AM
jayster is infamous around these parts
Ditto, money back means just that.