997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Exhaust Sound Levels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 05:30 PM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
If this helps I have fabspeed mufflers and cats with suncoast headers. I ran with just the mufflers for a while and thought they were a little on the quiet side. Then I ran muffler bypass pipes which were way to loud for the street imo. With the setup I have now I think the sound is perfect as well as the overall volume perhaps a bit more to the to loud side but I love it.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:45 PM
ttpower is infamous around these parts
hmmm...good thought. Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ttpower
The problem of course is that the sound level tolerance is so subjective. ---
Not if you use an accurate sound pressure level meter.

Then you know the exact levels for every change or modification.

In 1975 I was the first to work with the CHP to establish noise standards or SPL ratings for accessory exhaust systems.

It's done with the same parameters all the time. No subjectivity. You get accurate answers!

Old 02-22-2008, 10:01 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FASTLANE
If this helps I have fabspeed mufflers and cats with suncoast headers. I ran with just the mufflers for a while and thought they were a little on the quiet side. Then I ran muffler bypass pipes which were way to loud for the street imo. With the setup I have now I think the sound is perfect as well as the overall volume perhaps a bit more to the to loud side but I love it.
would you post video of you car.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:09 AM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
if someone can tell me how I can do that later today.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:07 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
downloas it to your PC then upload it in youtube.com

Old 02-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Thanks, I can do it a little later tonight. Any special requests as far as rpm or revs?

Old 02-23-2008, 11:02 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
What system are you running now?

Old 02-23-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
What system are you running now?
I think mufflers and cats with suncoast headers

Old 02-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Sorry guys I had a very late night last night. I will have the video up for sure by this afternoon.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:10 AM
I have Fabspeed cold air intake, Fabspeed cats,mufflers and Suncoast headers.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:23 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I have Fabspeed cold air intake, Fabspeed cats,mufflers and Suncoast headers.
I am not familiar with the Suncoast Headers, are these X51 or are these there own?

Old 02-24-2008, 04:23 PM
They are both they are fabricated by Suncoast but they say they are duplicates of the x51 headers.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:24 PM
By the way I'm having trouble uploading the video to my mac and pc.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:09 PM
They are both they are fabricated by Suncoast but they say they are duplicates of the x51 headers.
I would bet that they are less then the Porsche OEM, other wise no one would buy them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Sound Levels