997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

4 months later, some photos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 06:31 PM
notquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud of
lig: =p

Cattman: when i first got the car, the paint had a good amount of swirls, likely due to sand and dust from Maui. I used a Porter Cable using a product called Optimum to polish the entire car. After polishing, I cleaned the paint with Klasse All-In-One using a super fine polishing pad, then sealed the paint with Klasse Sealant Glaze(5-6 layers). The pictures were taken right after I washed and waxed over the Klasse using P21S Wax.

I'm planning to go back to using Zaino like I did with previous cars, but haven't had a time to do it yet, maybe this Spring.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:39 PM
86blackwidow is infamous around these parts
Beautiful car.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
great looking car kevin

Old 02-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Great photos, great looking car!!!

Old 03-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Bahnstoermer is infamous around these parts
Alllll right, let me know when you're sick of this one!

Old 03-06-2008, 06:38 PM
trophymaker is infamous around these parts
The car looks stunning... reminds me of when I picked up my black S.

Of course I love the Turbo, GT3, GT2, etc... but there is something very appealing about the clean, wingless, ventless, stocky rearview with 4 chrome tips of the S. I saved the rear shot! I cant get over it!

Old 03-06-2008, 07:06 PM
JT3
JT3 is infamous around these partsJT3 is infamous around these parts
Sounds like a hard fought victory.....do you miss the M3?

Old 03-06-2008, 07:19 PM
rah79 is infamous around these parts
sexy car!!!

Old 03-06-2008, 07:21 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
wonderful pics!

Old 03-07-2008, 09:23 AM
notquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud of
trophymaker: I agree with you 110%

JT3: to be completely honest, I do miss the M3. The M3 feels so easy to drive fast and everything just feels right from the moment you get in to the first turn-in. The car is just so well balanced that you don't necessarily feel like you're dragging the car, nor do you feel like you're pushing it, if that makes sense.

In fact, the person who took these pictures of the 997 bought an M3 right before I sold it for the 996Turbo. Lucky for the two of us we were able to salvage all of my mods at the time(exhast, wheels, coilovers, etc.) onto his car. Since then, he added CSL trunk, diffuser and is in the process of sourcing a CSL front. Everyday I see his M3, I miss mine = (

I'll toss in a few pictures of the M3. I think I may have larger sizes of these if anyone is interested. Funny thing I never got a chance to take any pictures of the Turbo during the few months that I owned it. I spent all my time trying to rig a garage opener, getting an ipod adapter to work, fix the ambiguous shifter with an SSK, updating the dated interior and taking all the flaws out of the paint from the previous owner.

That said, if I land this internship at Fitzpatrick Cella this summer, I may be able to swing a white GT3 next year, so I'm not feeling too sorry for myself = )

Old 03-07-2008, 10:16 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Great photos.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Bahnstoermer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by notquitefob
trophymaker: I agree with you 110%

JT3: to be completely honest, I do miss the M3. The M3 feels so easy to drive fast and everything just feels right from the moment you get in to the first turn-in. The car is just so well balanced that you don't necessarily feel like you're dragging the car, nor do you feel like you're pushing it, if that makes sense.

In fact, the person who took these pictures of the 997 bought an M3 right before I sold it for the 996Turbo. Lucky for the two of us we were able to salvage all of my mods at the time(exhast, wheels, coilovers, etc.) onto his car. Since then, he added CSL trunk, diffuser and is in the process of sourcing a CSL front. Everyday I see his M3, I miss mine = (

I'll toss in a few pictures of the M3. I think I may have larger sizes of these if anyone is interested. Funny thing I never got a chance to take any pictures of the Turbo during the few months that I owned it. I spent all my time trying to rig a garage opener, getting an ipod adapter to work, fix the ambiguous shifter with an SSK, updating the dated interior and taking all the flaws out of the paint from the previous owner.

That said, if I land this internship at Fitzpatrick Cella this summer, I may be able to swing a white GT3 next year, so I'm not feeling too sorry for myself = )
Oh boy here we go... I sold my E46 M3 last fall, and am looking at a 996TT or 997S as a replacement sometime this year.

Would you mind giving a summary of your thoughts on those specific compares? The last thing I want to do is spend $60+k and be umimpressed when I could spend $35-40K on the M and be just as happy...

Old 03-07-2008, 12:05 PM
EnriqueCK is infamous around these parts
Very clean looking as you did a great job getting the black color to shine like that! M3 looked prett good as well.

I see that you had the car brought over from Hawaii, was it a hassle to get shipped? I ask because a couple of years ago I was going to do the same from a seller in Honolulu, but the shipping quotes were pretty excessive.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
great pictures an memories of your m3 i was in a similar situation... do i sell my m3 and get the RS? or do i keep the m3 and get the GT3. hopefully the prices of the RS will drop as well this year. for now.. i'll enjoy both the m3 and gt3.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:30 PM
trophymaker is infamous around these parts
Or do you keep your GT3, sell your M3, and buy a new V8 M3... hmmm?

I love M cars and find myself comparing my M5 and Carerra S all the time... and I feel like they are perfect stablemates. The M5 is just so comfortable and brutal at the same time... but there is something about making the PSE pop when you are downshifting... I dont know if any one car could replace the two...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 4 months later, some photos