997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

What should I do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 03:57 PM
MartinJF is infamous around these parts
I decided not to wait summer is coming and I wanted a new Cab.

Next years model will always be better. Besides that I got a nice break from MSRP when I bought it and I can spend some $ on some mods and still come out ahead. I am sure the 09s will sell at MSRP.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Dominique997SC is infamous around these parts
One guy mentioned the resale value... my opinion about it:

the deal you'll get now will make a bigger difference than whenever you want to sell the car

if doubt it will make a difference at all... people in the market for a used car will of course prefer one with more horse power so it will be easier to sell it... but pricewise? nothing compared to a nice discount now... but do get one! at least 5,000 if you
want a good deal

but.... you can also wait till 2012 for a 998 (grin)

enjoy your car!!! you'll love it!!! a porsche is the kind of car you'ld wish you got it sooner
don't look back, no regrets... if you want more HP, get some tuning done and blow those untuned '09 drivers off the street!

Last edited by Dominique997SC; 02-22-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:17 PM
MartinJF is infamous around these parts
Exactly, and finally how many people use all the hp on the street.

A few DEs and driving school much more fun than waiting!

Old 02-23-2008, 01:18 AM
Sisyphus is infamous around these parts
I had the same dilemma a while back. From what I can see, it took Porsche a couple of years to perfect the 997 (look at the various reviews – consumer reports, etc.). I think the ’08 is an evolutionary improvement from the initial ’05 997.

Now, the ’09 will have a revised engine - direct injection, I believe – and other new components. This updated 997 will take time to perfect – probably around 2012. So, for me it was a choice of getting the perfected first batch of 997 versus the new second batch of the 997. I chose the former.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:36 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 911Rocks
Thanks for the feedback,

I guess it's a tough decision, but I think I don't want to wait so I'am going to go with the 08 model. I love the carrera 4s I ordered.

Is the increase in horsepower offical or is it just rumers out there?

You sound happy to have made the decision . How did you spec the car ? It sounds great .

Old 02-23-2008, 06:09 AM
b911s is infamous around these parts
I as you have a new C4S coming in April and wanted to get it for the summer. I already have a 2S now and it would have been easy to wait and I also debaited if i should but thought, screw it, I want it now. You can continue to wait and debait over the next great thing and watch as everyone else is driving and having fun. The depreciation will be negligable and only if the revised model is a big improvement. Besides, if your able to really afford a play toy for $100,000 then and extra few $$$ in depriciation shouldnt be a concern. I've pissed more money away on other dumb crap that didnt give me 1/10th the satisfaction the Porsche does. So get that car and have a blast!

Old 02-23-2008, 10:52 PM
911Rocks is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
You sound happy to have made the decision . How did you spec the car ? It sounds great .
I decided to go kight on the options because I want to later modify it in a more personalized way.

The specs of my C4S are as follows:

Artic Silver EXT
Black INT
Sport black leather seats with RED STICHING
Red Seat Belts
Sport Chrono
Bose
5mm Wheel spacers
Park Assist
Leather steering wheel
Short shifter

What do you guys think of the Full Leather INT for $5000 Can Funds and $3500 for sport exhaust, are these potions worth it at this price or should I wait to do my own MODS.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by b911s
I as you have a new C4S coming in April and wanted to get it for the summer. I already have a 2S now and it would have been easy to wait and I also debaited if i should but thought, screw it, I want it now. You can continue to wait and debait over the next great thing and watch as everyone else is driving and having fun. The depreciation will be negligable and only if the revised model is a big improvement. Besides, if your able to really afford a play toy for $100,000 then and extra few $$$ in depriciation shouldnt be a concern. I've pissed more money away on other dumb crap that didnt give me 1/10th the satisfaction the Porsche does. So get that car and have a blast!

I decided to go light on the options because I want to later modify it in a more personalized way.

The specs of my C4S are as follows:

Artic Silver EXT
Black INT
Sport black leather seats with RED STICHING
Red Seat Belts
Sport Chrono
Bose
5mm Wheel spacers
Park Assist
Leather steering wheel
Short shifter

What do you guys think of the Full Leather INT for $5000 Can Funds and $3500 for sport exhaust, are these potions worth it at this price or should I wait to do my own MODS.

How is yours equipped?

Old 02-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by b911s

You got that right I will enjoy this baby this summer and have total fun with this LEGEND.

Why the C4S now? after having one already.

How is your;s ordered?

KEEP in TOUCH

Old 02-23-2008, 11:55 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 911Rocks
How is yours equipped?
I have owned cars with full leather , with just "leather seats" and with "standard". I never felt as though I was missing something when I did not have it yet when I did I must say I liked it . The same went for ceramics too.

If you load up options the C4S to the hilt it may even cost more than a base Turbo and I really liked reading your current selection.

I also agree with your reasoning to skip some options and opt for performance .

My current car is a Turbo but has moderate options yet I plunked a huge amount of mods on the car and I am very happy .

The C4S the way you have it will be a beautiful car . Good Luck with it.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Skillz is infamous around these parts
Live in the moment and get it now! I went through what you're going through and said what the heck and made a move. I haven't looked back.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.