997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Parrot or TOOKI? Bluetooth options? or other.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 02:21 AM
W211 is infamous around these parts
NorthVan997C2S and Targa Tim, where did you guys get the Tooki installed in Vancouver? Much thanks in advance!

Old 02-23-2008, 11:12 AM
REFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really nice
Originally Posted by Dominique997SC
quite easy to explain... think of it as a cell phone you never have to charge again... always fully charged and ready to go!
does that make any sense?
Fair enough, that is a plus for sure.

Guess in the end it just depends on the user and what they're looking for

Old 02-23-2008, 11:46 AM
PorscheSalesAtl is infamous around these parts
Tooki install

What part of the country are you in? I have people here in the Atlanta area that will install the Tooki for well under 1K. By the way many people complain that the parrot system loses sync with your phone often. That alone would be a reason to skip it.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
We have installers in most major cities now. Email me anytime with your order.... Thanks! eric@bumperplugs.com

Old 02-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Dominique997SC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheSalesAtl
What part of the country are you in? I have people here in the Atlanta area that will install the Tooki for well under 1K. By the way many people complain that the parrot system loses sync with your phone often. That alone would be a reason to skip it.
Actually, all the cars I bought for my employees got Parrot installed and they never have any problem with it as far is I know. I'm calling them quite often when they're in the car so I'm probably a good judge on call quality since being on the other end is when you really notice the difference.

I have no experience with Tooki so I can't judge on them but I do know Parrot outperforms anything I've ever experienced before... and not just a little bit.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:18 PM
I pleed the 5th as I have no actual experience with either. I'm just going off what clients have told me. You would be a far better judge than I.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Dominique997SC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheSalesAtl
I pleed the 5th as I have no actual experience with either. I'm just going off what clients have told me. You would be a far better judge than I.
The best way is to ask someone who has it to call you or you give him a call when driving at 80mph... ask him/her to sit back in the seat and talk the way they would to someone riding along.

I can assure you you will know when it's a bad car kit...plenty of experience with that too

Old 02-23-2008, 03:39 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
tooki = Parrot

Tooki = Parrot at least uses the Parrot technology (I believe the actual chip made by Parrot, well I am sure its outsourced to a semiconductor company etc. but you get the point) ....fyi, from what I have read TOOKI seems like a nice set up, fully intergrated and proven success which is great. That said I am in no rush so waiting to see how the Mobridge stacks up bluetooth/ipod all in one.... we will see.

Originally Posted by Dominique997SC
Actually, all the cars I bought for my employees got Parrot installed and they never have any problem with it as far is I know. I'm calling them quite often when they're in the car so I'm probably a good judge on call quality since being on the other end is when you really notice the difference.

I have no experience with Tooki so I can't judge on them but I do know Parrot outperforms anything I've ever experienced before... and not just a little bit.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:44 PM
meat99 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by printemps2001
I just installed a Tooki. It is not that difficult to do yourself, and there are plenty of pointers here. My PCM needed some reprogramming (which my dealer did for free). NAV-TV's support was excellent, and they walked me and the dealer through the troubleshooting. The Tooki works very well. It's completely integrated with the PCM. I also mounted the mic in the factory spot, so it looks completely factory (i.e. invisible). In fact, it's so good, that I just scheduled a NAV-TV Sirius install and purchase.
Printtemps, I just read your posting regarding your install and happiness with the Tooki kit for your 911. I have a nordic gold 911 4s that I want to install a tooki in but would like to see it in action first. I noticed you are in CT. Anywhere near fairfield? I'd love to see it if that's not too much to ask...

Thanks for the time!

Old 01-17-2010, 12:20 AM
taxdoc is infamous around these parts
Tooki and Satellite Radio

Pacific Porsche had Haas Entertainment have resolved my issues last year.

David

Last edited by taxdoc; 11-21-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:32 AM
leneuromancer has a spectacular aura aboutleneuromancer has a spectacular aura about
take a look here

Old 01-17-2010, 09:35 AM
7Speed is infamous around these parts
I us to has a Tooki on my 997 S 07 and it's work great, not complain, is expensive but.....

Old 01-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
I've had the MoBridge BT+iPod in my car for quite a while. I would recommend it. It's a well designed piece, and works as advertised. Easy to sync a new phone, good sound quality - both input and output.
A few limitations (some won't apply to you):
The microphone can't handle the noise with the Cab top down. This seems obvious but the Jawbone does work perfectly. I know the people over there, have spoken with them about the design, and nothing comes close for pure BT/headset design/noise cancelling;
The inherent limitations of the Porsche audio interface limits the utility of the iPod functions. The sound is unaffected, but using the dash controls to manage the iPod is a drag. This is true of all of the iPod interfaces, so it doesn't matter what you buy. You should just be aware. You can work around this by controlling the iPod directly.
GL

Old 01-17-2010, 11:42 AM
w00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to behold
Using Tooki in my '06 C4S and works great

A little heads up on the Tooki (i don't know if this applies to every solution out there)

If your PCM doesn't have SW revision 4.0 or 4.1 you will only hear the other person speaking on the front passenger side speaker which takes some getting used to, and will make you pull your hair on the highway

Long story short, i had rev 3.2, bought the upgrade discs from my dealer, and for some reason it downgraded me to 3.0 (got my money back)

But as luck would have it, the cd drive in my PCM went on the fritz and they replaced it with a new unit which came w/rev 4.0, now i have audio on both sides which makes a huge difference, especially on the highway, which is now fine

To check your revision, hold Main and Trip and you'll see where you're at

Mediocre picture attached

Attached Images  
Old 01-18-2010, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by taxdoc
Pacific Porsche had Haas Entertainment install the Tooki system and a satellite radio in my 2007 Carerra S. It has been almost two years and it still doesn't work. The sound on the phone is horrible and callers complain all the time that they cannot hear me. The bluetooth on my phone either fails to connect or disconnects all the time ( I have had an IPhone, Blackberry, and Driod). The Satellite radio doesn't work at least one or two days a week. I will turn the radio on and if the radio is working the station will come on. If it isn't working, I will get a blank screen and the only way to fix it is to stop the car, wait two minutes and restart the car, which I understand resets the PCM. The dealer has been stonewalling me and I have now filed suit against the dealer. Has anyone else had these problems?

Thanks,

David
I hope you are dealing with Haas Entertainment not the dealership. The dealership simply referred out the work. Our dealership had so many issues with both products we put a ban on installing any or even referring out the work. If a client wants to add any after market items to the car its their choice but we will have nothing to do with it anymore. Too many problems and in the end it looks bad on the dealership and Porsche even though neither party had anything to do with it.

My suggestion, have both items ripped out. Enjoy the car for what it was built for instead of getting aggravated with BS. Solution voice mail and the exhaust note equals not

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Parrot or TOOKI? Bluetooth options? or other.....