997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Parrot or TOOKI? Bluetooth options? or other.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:25 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Parrot or TOOKI? Bluetooth options? or other.....

I think I may take the plunge and have the TOOKI bluetooth set up done to my car but spending near 1K + (product, ship, install) is at a price point where I just want to ask the forum their thoughts.... have seen some of the Parrot products for signifigantly less. is the TOOKI set up worth the extra costs hands down or are there other products out there as nice/clean/work well/etc... that I should seriously consider. i think if I am spedning 1K this is the way to go based on what i have read but if there is somethingout there for less but still a great product and the savings is considerable may consider... Thanks

tooki = http://www.navtv.com/products_usa_bluetooth_tooki.php

other option I looked at was the Parrot....

Old 02-22-2008, 09:33 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I put the Tooki in, works very well.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Agree with Ed. Tooki works really well. Don't like the look of a Parrot device stuck on the dash.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:56 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Get your car insured yet Tim? BBC is coming soon.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:05 AM
scuzy is infamous around these parts
I would try the Mobridge Bluetooth it has Bluetooth + ipod integration for 799 cheaper than the tooki alone and it offers exact same functionality. I wish i would of gotten this before i plunge into the tooki and mobridge ipod separately that costs me over 1k just for the 2

Old 02-22-2008, 11:29 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
thanks

hey thanks, this looks like a great option, would love to hear from anyone that has it... thanks

Originally Posted by scuzy
I would try the Mobridge Bluetooth it has Bluetooth + ipod integration for 799 cheaper than the tooki alone and it offers exact same functionality. I wish i would of gotten this before i plunge into the tooki and mobridge ipod separately that costs me over 1k just for the 2

Old 02-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
mickfluff....I'm in a dealing mood.

Email me if interested in the Tooki, Dension combo, or Tooki alone.

eric@bumperplugs.com

Old 02-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Dominique997SC is infamous around these parts
Nothing beats Parrot when it comes to call quality... the most important argument when it comes to car kits... and mobridge is using Parrot technology... they probably use one of the oem boards Parrot makes for different purposes.

Since mobridge also has a better interface for the iPod included for 799 I would wait for that to be released (shipping starts beginning of March). That's what I'm going to do anyway.

I have no affiliates with any party whatsoever but I experienced the Parrot quality and I'm hooked... the rest just tries to do something but never really succeeds.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:36 PM
printemps2001 is infamous around these parts
I just installed a Tooki. It is not that difficult to do yourself, and there are plenty of pointers here. My PCM needed some reprogramming (which my dealer did for free). NAV-TV's support was excellent, and they walked me and the dealer through the troubleshooting. The Tooki works very well. It's completely integrated with the PCM. I also mounted the mic in the factory spot, so it looks completely factory (i.e. invisible). In fact, it's so good, that I just scheduled a NAV-TV Sirius install and purchase.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:18 PM
thanks and ageed

Thanks think I may wait unless I can get a screaming deal on a tooki set up that allows for ipod and bluetooth phone but maybe hard based on what the mobridge is elling for. Also the TOOKI aslo uses a PARROT chip, just tooked to their tachs earlier today. Good to know as I agree Parroty has a good name in the bluetooth world...if this Mobridge works as well as people hope I am eager to see whats next as it maybe hard foir tooki to compete? Thats what makes business great, competition spurs companies to go to that next level.....

quote=Dominique997SC;1692056]Nothing beats Parrot when it comes to call quality... the most important argument when it comes to car kits... and mobridge is using Parrot technology... they probably use one of the oem boards Parrot makes for different purposes.

Since mobridge also has a better interface for the iPod included for 799 I would wait for that to be released (shipping starts beginning of March). That's what I'm going to do anyway.

I have no affiliates with any party whatsoever but I experienced the Parrot quality and I'm hooked... the rest just tries to do something but never really succeeds.[/quote]

Old 02-22-2008, 07:37 PM
REFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really nice
Just an alternative thought but have you considered a bluetooth headset?
There are loads out there that are excellent in fit, finish, comfort, and clarity (mic & speaker) which are ~10% the price of a Tooki system.

I'd recommend a Jawbone, after using several different headsets, nothing compares to it:
http://www.jawbone.com/

Old 02-22-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by REFLUX
Just an alternative thought but have you considered a bluetooth headset?
There are loads out there that are excellent in fit, finish, comfort, and clarity (mic & speaker) which are ~10% the price of a Tooki system.

I'd recommend a Jawbone, after using several different headsets, nothing compares to it:
http://www.jawbone.com/
If you're looking for a headset then Jawbone is the best option... but I can give you 20 reasons why not to use a headset.

It all depends on how often you use your phone in the car.. for business people driving it daily a Jawbone would be more hassle than you can handle.

Still, for those who want an iPod interface, it's only $ 200 more for the bleutooth mobridge instead of the audio version.

Is a bluetooth carkit going to beat a Jawbone qualitywise? never!
...but that's, besides the prices, the only advantage.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:08 PM
DrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura about
FYI

If you end up using a jawbone and your dension usb cord is in the glovebox, it will charge the jawbone just as if you had it pluged into the wall.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:10 PM
REFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really nice
I haven't had an opportunity to try a full-on bluetooth carkit, what is the benefit of it over a headset? Especially the Jawbone.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by REFLUX
I haven't had an opportunity to try a full-on bluetooth carkit, what is the benefit of it over a headset? Especially the Jawbone.
quite easy to explain... think of it as a cell phone you never have to charge again... always fully charged and ready to go!
does that make any sense?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Parrot or TOOKI? Bluetooth options? or other.....