997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

What's a fair price for a left over 07 C2S (demo)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 07:25 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 4wheelguy
My understanding is that once a car is punched, meaning once a dealer tells PCA that they sold the car, the warranty begins, even though the car was not sold. This car is punched.

In any case thanks for the feedback. So you're saying Guards red may have better resale than Carmona red? Is there any data out there that supports this?
Thanks for the description of "punched" with reference to a demo .
As for resale standard colors always are safe bets but with a trendy color it might even tilt to your benefit if the color is desireable . The examples I gave of Polar Silver and Atlas Grey have valie because a special order color is approx 3K . I don't know enough about the Carmona red to compare it to those silver and grey colors .

It's a fair question to ask though and perhaps someone in this forum has acar in that color and might reply . As for data -most can observe the listings of speed yellow priced less BUT I have not seen that with the "carmona" so this may actually be a good thing for you .

The options on your car look great . Price is close . I really think this is going to work out for you . I wish you well .

Old 02-24-2008, 09:20 PM
4wheelguy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
As for resale standard colors always are safe bets but with a trendy color it might even tilt to your benefit if the color is desireable . The examples I gave of Polar Silver and Atlas Grey have valie because a special order color is approx 3K . I don't know enough about the Carmona red to compare it to those silver and grey colors .

It's a fair question to ask though and perhaps someone in this forum has acar in that color and might reply . As for data -most can observe the listings of speed yellow priced less BUT I have not seen that with the "carmona" so this may actually be a good thing for you .

The options on your car look great . Price is close . I really think this is going to work out for you . I wish you well .
Thanks for all your feedback. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:39 PM

Btw I just want to be clear, the term punched doesn't mean demo necessarily, it just means a car that the dealer doesn't want Porsche corporate to think they still have yet to sell, because it affects their allocations for the next car. So they basically lie and say they sold it, and yet in reality its not sold and is taken out of their new inventory and the warranty starts ticking since Porsche thinks the car is sold.

It's a big game I don't quite understand, maybe someone else can explain it. Apparently Porsche is fully aware that it goes on.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:55 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Btw I just want to be clear, the term punched doesn't mean demo necessarily, it just means a car that the dealer doesn't want Porsche corporate to think they still have yet to sell, because it affects their allocations for the next car. So they basically lie and say they sold it, and yet in reality its not sold and is taken out of their new inventory and the warranty starts ticking since Porsche thinks the car is sold.

It's a big game I don't quite understand, maybe someone else can explain it. Apparently Porsche is fully aware that it goes on.
I don't understand it . If they were doing as you describe above why would they pick a car which is moderately equipped in an uncommon color rather than a heavily optioned popular vehicle where they could profit more ?

I have only looked at new cars so I am in the dark on this topic.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:00 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Dominique997SC is infamous around these parts
I don't understand it . If they were doing as you describe above why would they pick a car which is moderately equipped in an uncommon color rather than a heavily optioned popular vehicle where they could profit more ?

I have only looked at new cars so I am in the dark on this topic.
Well, the story is perfect... why would they pick a fully loaded car? I don't see any advantage to that, quite the opposite!

Allocation is by numbers, so...

Old 02-25-2008, 01:45 AM
Banned
lac2s is infamous around these parts
Bottomline, I understand you are trying to get a good deal, but is the "RED" your color of choice? and the options? You will live with this car for next 3 years (I assumed), so get something you really love, not just because the price is good. You probabaly can get a decent deal on a 08 if you wait a few months and plenty of choices

Old 02-25-2008, 02:42 AM
Originally Posted by Dominique997SC
Well, the story is perfect... why would they pick a fully loaded car? I don't see any advantage to that, quite the opposite!

Allocation is by numbers, so...

I will speculate the strategy (disclaimer) .

Usually dealerships get "stuck" with a heavily optioned car . For example I read a post last year where a person got 15% off a C2S with X51 as the dealership must have been nervous to hold the car on the Roadfly forum.

Allocation IS everything and that dealership probably knew that if that car was a common color like white/silver/black with those options it would have sold quickly. If it was listed in inventory maybe another dealership would have wanted it and they would lose the unit . Thus the best route for them was to 'punch" the car.

Here's a bit more about the color . I researched Carmona Red (also called carmon red) because I am not a red car person but I was curious . The color in 07 was discontinued BUT it was replaced in 08 with "ruby red metallic" which might have been close enough to make it harder to sell the other car .

The dealership played wisely because now they are at 12% off which still moves a unit and gains them a profit and if he can knock off a few more bucks he would get a good deal as he states taht the color is not a big issue for him .

He can win/ so can the dealership --this works .

Last edited by yrralis1; 02-25-2008 at 02:47 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:46 AM
jnx
jnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to behold

4wheelguy, You have a pm

Last edited by jnx; 02-25-2008 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:48 AM
GossettPorsche is infamous around these parts
FYI, it's 15% from invoice. (margin) you cannot do the math backwards from MSRP and get the same result. from MSRP it's about 12-13%, depending on the price range of the car. we have all our 07's advertised on this site for dead invoice. that is what I would shoot for, and if you want the sport exhaust, that's not a bad strategy, to ask for it installed at cost.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:52 AM
I am getting the car which has MSRP of 89750 for 76500. Is that not a fantastic deal? If not tell me, because that strikes me as damn good. Its contingent on a dme scan with no over revs.

I have no interest in sports exhaust which I believe adds weight and my neighbors would not enjoy.

Old 02-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Dominique997SC is infamous around these parts
I have no interest in sports exhaust which I believe adds weight and my neighbors would not enjoy.
That's why the Porsche sports exhaust has the 'do-not-wake-up-the-neigbors' button

Old 02-25-2008, 12:28 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Funny coincidence that that Guards Red 997S in Greenwich just sold today.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:15 PM
I am getting the car which has MSRP of 89750 for 76500. Is that not a fantastic deal? If not tell me, because that strikes me as damn good. Its contingent on a dme scan with no over revs.

It's a good price given that you are have no issues with the color or its having less warranty time . "Fantastic" --I would hesitate to say only because you could get an 08 in a more easy to sell color for about 6K more.

If the 6K savings is enough to get you to bite --I will be the first to say enjoy the car and drive it in the best of health .

As for the sport exahust -- not all of them are loud. My Tubi was not loud at all and its lighter weight over the rear axle is a good thing .

If you still say nay to the exahust --even something like a sport shifter or stainless steel tips could add a 700 part to the car thrown in on top of the deal . It's just a simple tactic of sweetening your cars value at delivery and dealership cost is not as much as if you have it installed after you buy it.

Good luck-Best wishes with the car.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:58 PM
GossettPorsche is infamous around these parts
sounds like a good deal to me. quit hesitating already and get it and start enjoying!

Old 02-26-2008, 04:20 PM
cephas is infamous around these parts
not bad, is fair
the most I got is 19% off, but that was unusual