997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

What's a fair price for a left over 07 C2S (demo)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 10:50 AM
4wheelguy is infamous around these parts
What's a fair price for a left over 07 C2S (demo)?

Untitled, less than 500 miles, warranty ticking (3 1/4 year left), guards red with the following options:

640 - Sport Chrono Package Plus
692 - Remote CD Changer (6 Disc)
342 - Heated Front Seats
267 - Self Dimming Mirrors
P15 - Power Seat Package
680 - Bose High End Sound Package

Old 02-24-2008, 11:39 AM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
msrp - 15%

Old 02-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Banned
lac2s is infamous around these parts
15% off is about right

Old 02-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by lac2s
15% off is about right
Anything less would be a bad deal you think? What if I got 12% off, is that livable?

Old 02-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Dominique997SC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 4wheelguy
Anything less would be a bad deal you think? What if I got 12% off, is that livable?
it would... 15% off... deal or no deal

if they will only give you 12% for a demo they're screwing you over, trust me

Last edited by Dominique997SC; 02-24-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:26 PM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
there is more than 13% margin in that car, so at 12% they are making money off you. for a demo, you should get BELOW invoice, especially one with a warranty already dwindling and a previous model year.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:44 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Untitled, less than 500 miles, warranty ticking (3 1/4 year left), guards red with the following options:

640 - Sport Chrono Package Plus
692 - Remote CD Changer (6 Disc)
342 - Heated Front Seats
267 - Self Dimming Mirrors
P15 - Power Seat Package
680 - Bose High End Sound Package
This sounds like the red car on the showroom floor at New Country in Greenwich. If it is, good luck getting a deal! I've been looking at a low mileage modestly equipped NON-CPO '06 C2S that they have and they will barely move from their $75K asking price.

Last edited by caveatesq; 02-24-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by caveatesq
This sounds like the red car on the showroom floor at New Country in Greenwich. If it is, good luck getting a deal! I've been looking at a low mileage modestly equipped NON-CPO '06 C2S that they have and they will barely move from their $75K asking price.
No the car I'm looking at is actually maroon red, not gaurds red, I got that wrong in my original description.

Incidentally, why would one have a hard time getting a deal on the gaurds red car at New Country?

Old 02-24-2008, 05:00 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
No the car I'm looking at is actually maroon red, not gaurds red, I got that wrong in my original description.

Incidentally, why would one have a hard time getting a deal on the gaurds red car at New Country?
Because their pricing is not aggressive at all and they have the "I don't need to sell it to you because the next person who walks in the door will be willing to pay full MSRP in cash" attitude.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:07 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Dealerships don't like to let a car go under invoice . You could meet them at invoice (13%) but also negotiate a sport exhaut at dealer cost or a few free oil changes or some other service which they have where they waive a future profit .

Old 02-24-2008, 05:20 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Dominique997SC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by caveatesq
Because their pricing is not aggressive at all and they have the "I don't need to sell it to you because the next person who walks in the door will be willing to pay full MSRP in cash" attitude.
then you have to give them the 'I want 15% or you can stick te car...' -attitude
if they can afford to say no, they can... nothing to do about that... some dealers are smart enough to make sales and move on... some can be really retarded and trying to get the most out of every vehicle... guess who's making more money in the long run!

Old 02-24-2008, 05:34 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
[quote=4wheelguy;1695385]No the car I'm looking at is actually maroon red, not gaurds red, I got that wrong in my original description.

quote]

Question --Is the maroon red the color that you want?

Old 02-24-2008, 05:43 PM
I am color agnostic, I am buying car for the driving characteristics, not the look.

That said I do bore quickly of cars so I don't want to buy a color that is known to be difficult to sell. Maybe yellow is that color. I don't know.

But maroon red is fine by me, seems like a nice enough color.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:51 PM
I am color agnostic, I am buying car for the driving characteristics, not the look.

That said I do bore quickly of cars so I don't want to buy a color that is known to be difficult to sell. .
Fair enough . I just wanted to understand some of your views on that car. It does sound as though you are close to a deal . As for resale on colors usually black, white , red, and silver are the most standard colors but occasionally a rare color like Polar Silver or Atlas Grey are very desireable when out of production . I do know that Porsche discontinued the "carmona red" on the Turbo but I am not sure if your S is that same color .

I have a question about warranty. It was my understanding that an untitled left over car has full warranty (4 yr) and I wasn't sure why ademo would still not follow that . The extra warranty could be a big factor to consider especially since with buying a demo you really don't know exacly how the car was driven . It might even be able to be checked with an ECU examination to check for engine over revs .

I would like to see you happy in the car and was just considering the many aspects which you stated because I think you might end up buying it .

Good luck.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:07 PM
My understanding is that once a car is punched, meaning once a dealer tells PCA that they sold the car, the warranty begins, even though the car was not sold. This car is punched.

In any case thanks for the feedback. So you're saying Guards red may have better resale than Carmona red? Is there any data out there that supports this?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What's a fair price for a left over 07 C2S (demo)?