997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Your EVOMS Supercharger Experiences...The Good, The Bad, and The ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 10:24 PM
hidesert is infamous around these parts
Your EVOMS Supercharger Experiences...The Good, The Bad, and The ???

12 year 993 guy getting ready to move to an EVOMS-supercharged 997S (Russ' Mexico Blue). I've searched, googled, and read as much as possible, but I'm interested in your real world experiences with this setup. Is the power delivery linear and available at low revs, or does it become available at 4-7K rpms (what EVOMS told me). How does it compare to stock?...turbo? How does the car come off the line? Does the engine like to rev to redline? How about reliability? Any recurrent electrical or mechanical problems? How about longevity?
All opinions welcomed, but personal experience with the supercharged 997S is particularly valued.
If I didn't live at 7000ft I would probably not pursue forced induction, but I do, so I will.
Thanks.

Update...I test drove the 997S yesterday and loved it! All the things I expected, everything you guys said it would be, all were true. A few loose ends remain to be tidied up, but the guys at Imagine Auto have been incredible to work with (thanks Karl, Jeremy, and Steve!). If all goes well, I should be on my way back to New Mexico tomorrow.
BTW: my 993 turbo sold even before listing it...while I was on my initial test drive.

Last edited by hidesert; 03-06-2008 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Update...bought car.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:38 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
Major changes, very very fast, power all they way!!! Parts on the KIT are perfect bolt on . Suggest you add also new suspension if you buy it as the car becomes so fast it pulls too much and your nose rises if with OEM suspension, mine was defective after little use , now in the claim process hope and expect them to replace it but not sure about shipping that will cost me a lot since I am in south america and they should cover it

Old 02-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Thanks Contigo. Is the power available right away, or do you have to wait until 3-4000 rpms (like a turbo)? Does the power increase smoothly and steadily to redline, or does it drop off early.
BTW, Bilstein PSS10s ready to be installed.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:22 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
All the way, from the first push of the gas, very good, nothing like a Turbo, we are here at 2,600 mts above sea level and we tested the car when finished against a 996TT std 2002 and for example on the straight line on the race track both cars run the same!!!
SUSPENSION so you can enjoy...

Old 02-29-2008, 07:57 AM
B-moreBroker is infamous around these parts
Russ is selling his car?

Old 02-29-2008, 08:03 AM
Yes. I am flying out in a few days to inspect it personally and, barring any unforseen issues (or bad weather), will drive it to its' new home in New Mexico.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:11 AM
wow that car is probably one of my top 5 favorites on 6speed... good choice...

Old 02-29-2008, 08:35 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by B-moreBroker
wow that car is probably one of my top 5 favorites on 6speed... good choice...
Your 997 isn't bad either.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Well, thanks. I have to agree about B-more's car...nice!
I really haven't wanted to discuss buying Russ' car in the online communities until the deal was done. We reached an agreement same day he listed it and are finally getting to the last lap. I simply couldn't ask for a better person to work with than Russ, and am really excited about the 997S.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:59 AM
thanks... the Mexico Blue color is sweeeeeet....

Old 02-29-2008, 12:54 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
that mexico blue is insane... i love it, that car is on my computer and my iphone, love it, enjoy

Old 02-29-2008, 03:33 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
man, i would have gotten that car if i had not purchased mine.
that thing is super hot. i wish i coudl have seen it in person.
i don't think you will find any issues with the car. Russ is a perfectionist.
his ferrari he spent 40k to make it perfect on a car which was probably worth 50k.
so he does it right then take the cheap route. all i can say is i am jealous.
raja

Old 02-29-2008, 09:13 PM
58spdstr has a spectacular aura about58spdstr has a spectacular aura about
I saw it again this week at Imagine Auto getting the once over from Karl. Its as nice as the day it rolled off the showroom floor, and a lot faster. The only thing I'd do is get the Dymags clear coated. Take a look a Stephen's TT with the Dymags clear coated when you pick it up.

You'll love the car, its a one of a kind classic.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks 58 spdstr...sent you a PM.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:10 PM
cpadula is infamous around these parts
very smooth...

ive had it on for a about 5k miles now...

i love it, had no problems and the guys at evo were very good at sharing info with me..

suncoast did the install and it went very well..

997s with evo headers, pse, and sc..

love it..

C

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Your EVOMS Supercharger Experiences...The Good, The Bad, and The ???