997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Custom Colors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 10:59 AM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Custom Colors?

Hi Guys, I have been checking this site out for a while now, but finally decided to join up. I'm looking to get my 1st P Car after Summer. I have decided on a C2S.

I was wondering if any of you have gone the custom color route and if you would post some pics. Also what do you think about doing this is. Do you think it's a negative or makes the car less desirable if you ever decide to sell. I understand that having a Pepto Pink car wouldn't be cool, but what about some cool vintage colors?

Old 03-02-2008, 02:28 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
There are a few members on here that have custom colors from the factory. It definitely isn't a negative, but if you get a very "unique" color, it would be harder, or easier to sell the car, depending on if the buyer is in love with the color or not, and if you can find the right buyer who wants that exact color. However, don't look that far ahead, and jsut get something you will love and enjoy right now in this moment. Search Oslo Blue and Mexico Blue on this forum. Both of those were custom ordered.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:38 PM
81911 is infamous around these parts
Mexico Blue is by far my favorite color. 1973 color I believe.
There are plenty more though. Olso is also stunning. Like v35 said, just search and you will find plenty.

Old 03-02-2008, 04:58 PM
autobahn it has a spectacular aura aboutautobahn it has a spectacular aura aboutautobahn it has a spectacular aura about
Sometimes I think a unique color could be good to sell, as long as it looks good.
I've has very unique colored Porsches and have never had a difficult time selling them. You just have to market it to a large audience (ie: ebay) and really play up th ecolor of the car... "This is a one of a kind Porsche- this may be your only chance to buy a 911 this unique color. DOnt miss out!" Somthing like that. Not hard to do. Also, dont listen to anybody tell you the color is ugly or undesirable... ther is something for everybody. If you have a black 911 for sale, the potential buyer has about 1000 of them to choose from. If you're selling a lime green one, yours is probably the only one for sale in the country/world at that moment in time. There IS someone for that car.

Old 03-02-2008, 04:59 PM
UBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really nice
Old 03-02-2008, 05:35 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice, thanks Uboat, very interesting threads

Old 03-02-2008, 07:00 PM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by UBoat Commander

Very cool UBoat.

What started me on this thread was about 2 years ago I was at my local Porsche dealer (McKenna), and I was inside checking things out and this awesome flat blue Carrera(2,4,S?) Convertible caught my eye. I had never seen this color before and I was blown away by it.

Turns out they had special ordered it for an older lady(I don't know why but that surprised me) who actually came in while I was there to pick it up. I got to talking to her and she was telling me she was friends with the owners and they had ordered this for her.

I asked a salesman what color it was, but all he told me was some "classic blue". Well after tons of reading today turns out the color was Oslo Blue.

Ever since then I have been lusting after this color, so I may be tempted to go for that, but boy do I love Atlas/Meteor too.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:26 PM
UBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really nice
Vince: Funny you mention that because I saw the Oslo 997TT at Lucent just yesterday. It's definitely unique. I'm probably more of a fan of Baltic Blue or Adriatic Blue though. There's a lot of great old Porsche colors and it's really hard to decide which one to go with if you're looking for a special color.

Also, note that Porsche is going to come out with at least three new colors when the facelift comes out. Can't wait to see what they are.

Back in the early 70s there used to be something like 25 different standard colors each year. Too bad Porsche doesn't do that anymore.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:42 AM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
what no greys?

Old 03-03-2008, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by OC Pcar
what no greys?
Never got around to it. I created these threads when I stuck at home sick with a terrible cold last month. I also started on the browns and oranges as well but didn't have enough time to finish before I got over my cold and had to do some real work. One day . . .

Old 03-03-2008, 06:15 AM
hidesert is infamous around these parts
UBC..you .made my day, and I've only scanned through the blues! How many Mexico Blue 997s do you think have been built? Also, have you run into any Pearlessence 997s? This color reportedly cost $15k (on the sticker) to order on a 993 and, while hard to maintain, always intrigued me.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:18 AM
hidesert is infamous around these parts
Hey, where's edgy1s' Blue Turquoise. Adriatic Blue is very close, but ? not the same.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:34 AM
emilgh is infamous around these partsemilgh is infamous around these parts
Wow. Thanks for compiling and posting!

Old 03-03-2008, 09:41 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by UBoat Commander
Thanks for the links, I never new some of these colours existed.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by hidesert
UBC..you .made my day, and I've only scanned through the blues! How many Mexico Blue 997s do you think have been built? Also, have you run into any Pearlessence 997s? This color reportedly cost $15k (on the sticker) to order on a 993 and, while hard to maintain, always intrigued me.
No idea how many Mexico Blue cars have been made. I imgaine that there's been a lot of them.

Never heard of Pearlessence. It must be a color to sample. You can ask Porsche to paint your car in virtually any color for a price. But they may not do it if it's too difficult to make or it won't cover the body panels evenly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Custom Colors?