997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Wind Deflector on Sun Roof is Noisy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 04:29 PM
THinthedesert is infamous around these parts
Wind Deflector on Sun Roof is Noisy

I've noticed when I open my sun roof, it is very noisy, however when I manually lower the spring loaded wind deflector with my hand it becomes very nice & quiet. It seems to do about nothing from keeping wind from coming into the passeneger compartment too.

Has anyone played around with this item to where it stays lowered when the roof is opened? Seems Porsche may not have put a large amount of engineering into the design of that deflector. It is much quieter when the deflector is not up.

Any opinions or thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:26 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Yep --it's noisy . I have yet to understand why Porsche even has it . Now I am not one who cares to even open a window . The idea of road filth blowing on both myself and my car's interior is just not for me at all .On the rare occasion where a passenger has asked I tried to accomodate the request and was met with exactly as you describe.

From what i understand however those who like open air motoring love the cab and boxter . I did drive a boxter once and in contrast the door sills are just the right height to reduce wind . I still didn't like it though for myself but can see others enjoying it far above other convertibles.