997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Chrome Exhaust Tips - Standard on S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 07:07 PM
ssaa77 is infamous around these parts
Chrome Exhaust Tips - Standard on S?

Newbie to 6speed, but been reading posts for some time. Great community.

Anyway, I've owned by C2S for about a year now and noticed that the exhaust tips have a brushed steel look and have "bronzed" over time. I noticed these Chrome Exhaust Tips at Suncoast:

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...=CarreraSSport

...and I'm curious...is this an option or does it come standard on an S? My exhaust tips sure don't look like these...

If not standard, I'll probably buy these. I presume they're bolt on, but curious if anyone knows different. Also, by the way, talking to my mechanic tomorow about doing the Gundo exhaust hack....hopefully he can do it and for cheap!

Old 03-12-2008, 07:16 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Your stainless tips are standard on the S. Some people get them polished, others buy the chrome version. They are ridiculous price, but what can you do? I found a used chrome set on this forum for about $260. Make sure you buy ones made for the S, as it has a larger exhaust pipe than the non-S.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:11 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
+1 above. I sold my old polished tips for the chrome ones. Much easier to clean and they maintain their shine.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Guess I'll get the OEM tips then! Aftermarket tips seem kinda tacky stock everything else....

Old 03-13-2008, 08:12 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
send them out to get coated

send them out to get ceramic coated black, just got mine back and very happy.... under 100$. Changed my Carrera Emblem to Black as well and its a nice look IMO, still OEM factory with a bit of a twist..... guy here on the boards that does it, amazing customer service and great product, Fuzion and guys name is BILL, if interested I will get you his link....

Originally Posted by ssaa77
Guess I'll get the OEM tips then! Aftermarket tips seem kinda tacky stock everything else....

Old 03-13-2008, 08:23 AM
dndodd is infamous around these parts
Ditto on the ceramic tips and the vendor.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Any pics of these tips and the emblem?

Old 03-13-2008, 01:31 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
not yet

emblem on, exhaust done in a week or so, I have the tips, they look great, just need to get them on, not as easy as one thinks, S tips are wider then non s muffler so need to add a coupling or expand the pipe, easy at a shop but just not a quick DIY bolt on like swapping stock tip for stock tip...

Hoping it looks nice

Originally Posted by ssaa77
Any pics of these tips and the emblem?