997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Graco sportcomfort seat UPdate....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 12:10 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Graco sportcomfort seat UPdate....

I feel this derserves it's own thread as many people seem to have been in the same position as me. Child would not like that bulky piece on his space from factory oem infant seat, to young for booster, between 20-28lbs but under 30lbs etc.... anyway after hours of trying the seat is in and I feel it is safe and in well. I would like to have this checked by local fire/police seat installers before I make a 1000% recomendation but again its in and fits snug... see below.

Seat : Graco Comfort Sport Car Seat '
Purchase Price : 79-89 range... many places online have them

Installed behind passenger seat.

Step One: Take off side cup holder on seat, pops right off the infant seat

Step Two: Leave in Porsche back seat, I did NOT remove base or rear but have heard of others doing so.

Step Three: Adjust straps on the infant seat based on size of your child: Follow directions that came with the seat... the directions suck like all baby seat directions IMO but this is pretty clear.

Step Four: Locate rear seat anchor. I have Bose stereo option so for me there were two outlines on the rear carpet deck behind speaker, clear as day... from the factory cut out areas.... I simply applied pressure (may need a razor) and popped both down, and the anchor is behind the flap closest to the window.... it is under about 1.5 inches of Foam, I just pulled a few chunks of foam out and tossed it...

Step Five: I installed this seat 10 times, found it did have a slight canter after install, not a 90 degree pitch or anything serious so I added some support at the rear base. (on one side, side closest to side window) I used a folded up piece of material you put under rugs so they do not slide, but could use about anything I guess.

Step Six: Place the seat in your car. Now it calls for the shoulder belt from your Porsche to enter the seat through the top and exit the top section I believe from the instructions but it is a much better fit if you enter your shoulder belt through the bottom point and then exit the other side on the bottom exit by base as well.... almost as if your using your shoulder seat belt as if it was a "lap belt set up:". Make sure to pull seat belt out fully and let back in slow as needed for harness mode.... assuming people know about this. Pull snug...(don't go crazy yet applying presssure for final install yet)

Step Seven: Clip in rear support anchor clip from child seat into the rear latch system you exposed from step 4.... anchor and then tighten. Take excess and tuck behind infant seat. Pull just barely snug but again don't go to tight yet...

Step Eight: My car is 05 997 (maybe launch car as it was delivered in 04?) and under the front passenger seat there is a anchor latch clip like the one exposed on rear deack behind bose speaker. I took the side bottom latch from infant seat and anchored this in here. I tightened this pretty well, nice and firm but again not to firm just yet.....

Step Nine: From here I went around and made final adjustments tightening all.... pulled bottom latch system tight, applied a LOT of pressure on seat and further tightened auto seat belt, pulled rear latch system tight etc etc...

All done, the seat is FIRM in place, very firm, sits straight up.... I spent hours doing this and if I did not do all the above the seat was a mess IMO and would never have used. I had a long post all written and ready for posting warning people about this seat, that it was the wrong seat, DO NOT BUY, etc etc...but kept at it and finally figured it out. I am very confident in the set up, the seat, the mounting, the safety etc... I am pretty **** guy, want things near perfect (if not perfect) and if this thing didn't fit I would have just tossed it and bought another..... I am free to walk people through it after work hours if needed.... pm me and will send you my cell #.... will try and take pics this week end...

Finally, get rear window tinted as the rear anchor system looks a bit fugly, and buy a back seat protector for when you kid kids the crap out of the seat in front of him!!!!

OK just spent 30 min typing this and need to get back to work, hope it helps!

Last edited by mickfluff; 04-01-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:32 PM
first911 is infamous around these parts
Not clear about the car seat stuff

Can you please describe a little bit better how do you set up the car seat? Thanks

Pictures will be very helpful....

Cheers

Old 04-01-2008, 04:34 AM
Mike R. is infamous around these parts
mickfluff - nice work. As requested above, photos please. Thanks.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:53 AM
redduck996 is infamous around these parts
what model graco and how much was it?
thanks

Old 04-01-2008, 07:43 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
More details, will try pics this week end

NOTE: I just modified my first post with this data......

Seat : Graco Comfort Sport Car Seat '
Purchase Price : 79-89 range... many places online have them

Installed behind passenger seat.

Step One: Take off side cup holder on seat, pops right off the infant seat

Step Two: Leave in Porsche back seat, I did NOT remove base or rear but have heard of others doing so.

Step Three: Adjust straps on the infant seat based on size of your child: Follow directions that came with the seat... the directions suck like all baby seat directions IMO but this is pretty clear.

Step Four: Locate rear seat anchor. I have Bose stereo option so for me there were two outlines on the rear carpet deck behind speaker, clear as day... from the factory cut out areas.... I simply applied pressure (may need a razor) and popped both down, and the anchor is behind the flap closest to the window.... it is under about 1.5 inches of Foam, I just pulled a few chunks of foam out and tossed it...

Step Five: I installed this seat 10 times, found it did have a slight canter after install, not a 90 degree pitch or anything serious so I added some support at the rear base. (on one side, side closest to side window) I used a folded up piece of material you put under rugs so they do not slide, but could use about anything I guess.

Step Six: Place the seat in your car. Now it calls for the shoulder belt from your Porsche to enter the seat through the top and exit the top section I believe from the instructions but it is a much better fit if you enter your shoulder belt through the bottom point and then exit the other side on the bottom exit by base as well.... almost as if your using your shoulder seat belt as if it was a "lap belt set up:". Make sure to pull seat belt out fully and let back in slow as needed for harness mode.... assuming people know about this. Pull snug...(don't go crazy yet applying presssure for final install yet)

Step Seven: Clip in rear support anchor clip from child seat into the rear latch system you exposed from step 4.... anchor and then tighten. Take excess and tuck behind infant seat. Pull just barely snug but again don't go to tight yet...

Step Eight: My car is 05 997 (maybe launch car as it was delivered in 04?) and under the front passenger seat there is a anchor latch clip like the one exposed on rear deack behind bose speaker. I took the side bottom latch from infant seat and anchored this in here. I tightened this pretty well, nice and firm but again not to firm just yet.....

Step Nine: From here I went around and made final adjustments tightening all.... pulled bottom latch system tight, applied a LOT of pressure on seat and further tightened auto seat belt, pulled rear latch system tight etc etc...

All done, the seat is FIRM in place, very firm, sits straight up.... I spent hours doing this and if I did not do all the above the seat was a mess IMO and would never have used. I had a long post all written and ready for posting warning people about this seat, that it was the wrong seat, DO NOT BUY, etc etc...but kept at it and finally figured it out. I am very confident in the set up, the seat, the mounting, the safety etc... I am pretty **** guy, want things near perfect (if not perfect) and if this thing didn't fit I would have just tossed it and bought another..... I am free to walk people through it after work hours if needed.... pm me and will send you my cell #.... will try and take pics this week end...

Finally, get rear window tinted as the rear anchor system looks a bit fugly, and buy a back seat protector for when you kid kids the crap out of the seat in front of him!!!!

OK just spent 30 min typing this and need to get back to work, hope it helps!

Last edited by mickfluff; 04-01-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:52 AM
check baby seat post

just added full details

Originally Posted by redduck996
what model graco and how much was it?
thanks

Old 04-01-2008, 08:31 PM
997C2S Nut is infamous around these parts
This is awesome, thank you.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:44 PM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
best car seat post ever thank you!

Old 04-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Just Updated

I had one error, I went out and triple checked my seat and needed to clarify a couple things on my post, it's 100% now.... if you printed this earlier today to use as a guide please print again. The few changes are key for ideal fit....

thanks

Last edited by mickfluff; 04-01-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:49 AM
redduck996 is infamous around these parts
awesome thanks...
printing now....

Old 04-12-2009, 06:47 PM
cfos is infamous around these parts
Thanks -- didn't see this thread until after I replied to your "loosing my mind" thread. Thanks for posting this.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:31 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
Great post. I have the same seat and it works great!

Old 04-13-2009, 12:27 PM
no problem

happy it helped... if it did...

Originally Posted by cfos
Thanks -- didn't see this thread until after I replied to your "loosing my mind" thread. Thanks for posting this.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:18 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
so, we have our first baby on the way, due in August. Not planning on putting an infant in the back seat of the Pcar (996), but in the future, would like to put a toddler. So, is the Porsche OEM seat they sell not worth it? Is the GRACO Sport Seat the way to go????