997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Beverly Hills Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 07:08 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GRANDSPORT
The problem is not the the overall amount, i write off all my cars therefore this will not be a problem. I still obviously would like to find a great payment because my business money is still my money. I currently have two mercedess' and two bmws' and they are all leased.
I have a Mercedes which is leased . Different animal . Porsches with miles and use depeciate differently . I know a lot of people like to point to the leasing terminology to define a "good rate" but all these numbers are PORSCHE/DEALERSHIP/LENDER numbers orchestrated to lead customers into leasing cars much like a magician brings his own deck of cards .

Last edited by yrralis1; 04-06-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:11 PM
GRANDSPORT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I have a Mercedes which is leased . Different animal . Porsches with miles and use depeciate differently . I know a lot of people like to pint to the leasing terminology to define a "good rate" but all these numbers are PORSCHE/DEALERSHIP numbers orchestrated to lead customers into leasing cars much like a magician brings his own deck of cards .
You are very correct. Another purpose for me leasing is that i tend to switch cars pretty quick. If i was to get an italian car or a gt3 for example, then i would buy that car without even thinking about it.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:21 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
You are very correct. Another purpose for me leasing is that i tend to switch cars pretty quick. If i was to get an italian car or a gt3 for example, then i would buy that car without even thinking about it.
I switch often too and even considering that factor I buy the Porsche . There are ahandful of cars which I buy while others I prefer to lease but with Porsches you will find that the cost to lease the car ALMOST buys the car outright if you look at ONE number --the total cost for the three years compared to an outight buy .

On your 85K car you are only 25K away from an outight buy compared to the lease . The savings difference is huge .

Maybe I also have a certain fondness towards these cars too. Unlike the disposable feeling of leasing I want to feel that the car is mine unlike with BMW's and Mercedes cars . I want to see my name on the title and feel like I don't have to give it back.

An 85K bought Porsche = 85K counting down from drive off
An 85K leased Porsche = 36 payments and nothing left .

It's really a personal decision but you'll see it may get better than what you were quoted but not so much better that you'll be doing cartwheels on your front lawn.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:31 PM
I switch often too and even considering that factor I buy the Porsche . There are ahandful of cars which I buy while others I prefer to lease but with Porsches you will find that the cost to lease the car ALMOST buys the car outright if you look at ONE number --the total cost for the three years compared to an outight buy .

On your 85K car you are only 25K away from an outight buy compared to the lease . The savings difference is huge .

Maybe I also have a certain fondness towards these cars too. Unlike the disposable feeling of leasing I want to feel that the car is mine unlike with BMW's and Mercedes cars . I want to see my name on the title and feel like I don't have to give it back.

An 85K bought Porsche = 85K counting down from drive off
An 85K leased Porsche = 36 payments and nothing left .

It's really a personal decision but you'll see it may get better than what you were quoted but not so much better that you'll be doing cartwheels on your front lawn.
Even though i lease my cars, i still take care of them like i own them. I own a mercedes s550 and a clk350, a bmw 335i and 650i, and a range rover supercharged. I get each car professionally detailed every month and a half. I always check everything to make sure it is ok and i always park them inside (except for the range rover). I am hoping to lease the carrera for around 900-1000 a month therefore after doing the calculations, i noticed that leasing would be cheaper then buying.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Can you please give me his name and number. I will like to give him a call tomorrow.
Christopher Strole
Hoehn Porsche
Carlsbad, CA
760-438-4434

Please tell him Christian and Dawn Asis referred you. He was honest, fair and delivered exception customer service to us. Best car buying experience we've ever had.

Good luck.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:12 PM
ech128 is infamous around these parts
Try this dealership. It is on the other side of the US, but the dealership is fairly new, and I would guess you'd get a better deal from them. Shipping the car will cost you around $1500, but it may be worth it. Good luck.

Porsche of Westwood
420 Providence Highway
Westwood, MA

Phone:781-234-2000

Old 04-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Even though i lease my cars, i still take care of them like i own them. I own a mercedes s550 and a clk350, a bmw 335i and 650i, and a range rover supercharged. I get each car professionally detailed every month and a half. I always check everything to make sure it is ok and i always park them inside (except for the range rover). I am hoping to lease the carrera for around 900-1000 a month therefore after doing the calculations, i noticed that leasing would be cheaper then buying.
900 per month sounds great but I have never seen anything like it . Most are paying over 1K and with options and higher miles it goes up.

I do hope you get the deal I have simply never this type of pricing in my region and would imagine that Bevery Hills is going to be even higher .

Old 04-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Da Hapa
Christopher Strole
Hoehn Porsche
Carlsbad, CA
760-438-4434

Please tell him Christian and Dawn Asis referred you. He was honest, fair and delivered exception customer service to us. Best car buying experience we've ever had.

Good luck.
Thank You. I will give him a call tomorrow.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by ech128
Try this dealership. It is on the other side of the US, but the dealership is fairly new, and I would guess you'd get a better deal from them. Shipping the car will cost you around $1500, but it may be worth it. Good luck.

Porsche of Westwood
420 Providence Highway
Westwood, MA

Phone:781-234-2000
Thank You, but i would like to keep it in California.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:31 PM
900 per month sounds great but I have never seen anything like it . Most are paying over 1K and with options and higher miles it goes up.

I do hope you get the deal I have simply never this type of pricing in my region and would imagine that Bevery Hills is going to be even higher .
Honestly, i know it might not be possible but i always set a goal and try to get near it. I actually have a friend that is paying 970 including tax and his car had a $88k msrp. I am thinking that since the new model is coming out, they might be willing to let the old model go for a fair price.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:14 PM
cephas is infamous around these parts
970 including tax with 5k down and 36 month lease?
wow
never seen something like that recently....

Old 04-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by cephas
970 including tax with 5k down and 36 month lease?
wow
never seen something like that recently....
Yup, thats what i thought when i heard it. He even showed me the contract and everything seemed to match up.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Skillz is infamous around these parts
Try the Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills, CA. I was extremely pleased with my Salesman, Robert. Last summer, I was out of state on a business trip and negotiated pricing over the phone for a 07' Cabriolet 4S. My salesman picked me up from Burbank Airport the next morning and in a matter of 1.5 hours, including travel time from the Airport to the dealership, I was on I-5 driving back to the Bay Area. Tell Robert that Sean sent you.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Cloak&Dagger is infamous around these parts
Contact Chad or Chris @ Porsche of North Olmsted. They sold my friend a C4S cab out here in LA and gave him a pretty good deal to make it worth his while to go long distance.

www.clevelandporsche.com

Old 04-07-2008, 07:25 PM
We'll guys. I just spoke with Walters Porsche and i was able to get a $85500 msrp carrera for 1050 a month with 5000 down. He is only discounting the car $6000. How much is the max that someone has got discounted of a brand new carrera. Also, this car is missing navigation and that is a very important option for me. What do you guys think i should do? I still have two months on my current lease therefore i am not in a rush.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beverly Hills Porsche