997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Beverly Hills Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 06:49 AM
Cloak&Dagger is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GRANDSPORT
We'll guys. I just spoke with Walters Porsche and i was able to get a $85500 msrp carrera for 1050 a month with 5000 down. He is only discounting the car $6000. How much is the max that someone has got discounted of a brand new carrera. Also, this car is missing navigation and that is a very important option for me. What do you guys think i should do? I still have two months on my current lease therefore i am not in a rush.

Tell him to install the Navi and you have a deal. See where it goes from there. I bet he'll 'meet you in the middle' and call it a day.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:36 PM
GRANDSPORT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Cloak&Dagger
Tell him to install the Navi and you have a deal. See where it goes from there. I bet he'll 'meet you in the middle' and call it a day.
How can they install navigation on the car? Does it only need to have the cd? Also, how much do you think it will cost me to get the carrera s wheels?

Old 04-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
How can they install navigation on the car? Does it only need to have the cd? Also, how much do you think it will cost me to get the carrera s wheels?
If the car has PCM then the Navi module can be added. It's not cheap and to be honest, I really think you're better off with a good aftermarket unit like a Garmin anyway. The OEM Porsche nav system isn't anywhere near as good as most other OEM (Lexus and Honda to name a few systems) and the "portable" units today are actually pretty good and can be readily removed from the car when you want to move between vehicles.

For the 997S wheels, I suggest you contact Wheel Enhancement in Culver City (I think they're website is www.wheelenhancement.com). They are a reputable shop that reportedly offers reasonable trades on your OEM wheels and could slap on the wheel of your choice at a fair price. They are also a board sponsor.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:40 PM
RickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud of
We'll guys. I just spoke with Walters Porsche and i was able to get a $85500 msrp carrera for 1050 a month with 5000 down. He is only discounting the car $6000. How much is the max that someone has got discounted of a brand new carrera. Also, this car is missing navigation and that is a very important option for me. What do you guys think i should do? I still have two months on my current lease therefore i am not in a rush.
Some of us have gotten 10%+/-, so you may have $2,500 more to negotiate with them if you want. Mine stickered for about $10K more, so that may be the difference in giving the dealer more flexibility to deal. But...you're close.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:10 PM
cephas is infamous around these parts
That Walters Porsche, we talked about the same car for a month and they gave me a final deal which is only 500 off what the original asking. I drove 2 hours to riverside to meet with them because they told me they have a end of the month event that day. And they gave me the same ****, nonnegotiable. The manager on the floor intimidated me a lot. Go try it out and I think you will get the same experience as mine. Most of the P-dealers here are pretty crappy. Email Mark at Pacific Porsche to see if he can beat the deals for you before you finalize anything.

marktaylor@lacarguy.com

Old 04-08-2008, 07:04 PM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
I would think that BH Porsche could get away with this type of behavior. Go to a dealer in another area that needs to be more accommodating and aggressive in pricing in order to do business.

With that being said, I was under the impression that credit score doesn't have the same bearing on customers who are leasing as it does for those financing. On a lease, isn't it simply that you qualify or you don't?

Last edited by M5Kid; 04-08-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Da Hapa
If the car has PCM then the Navi module can be added. It's not cheap and to be honest, I really think you're better off with a good aftermarket unit like a Garmin anyway. The OEM Porsche nav system isn't anywhere near as good as most other OEM (Lexus and Honda to name a few systems) and the "portable" units today are actually pretty good and can be readily removed from the car when you want to move between vehicles.

For the 997S wheels, I suggest you contact Wheel Enhancement in Culver City (I think they're website is www.wheelenhancement.com). They are a reputable shop that reportedly offers reasonable trades on your OEM wheels and could slap on the wheel of your choice at a fair price. They are also a board sponsor.
Thank you for the information. I really want the oem navigation because i do not like the add ons. As long as it somewhat does its job, im fine with it. Also, if i get the car, i will give the wheel shop a call. Once again, thank you for the info.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:04 PM
CEPHAS- what do you mean he 'intimidated' you? That's BS to try that tactic.

M5Kid- Leasing has as much if not MORE bearing on the leasing transaction. You're only borrowing a part of that car. That having been said they (the bank) wants to know that they're lending you this car in good faith you'll take care of it. Some banks are 'yes or no'. But depeding on the dealer- and influence they have with the bank- and IF they're motivated to make the deal happen. They can get the loan/lease bought by the bank.

But if you're a low 600's- don't be expecting Tier 1 credit approval. Be happy you got approved.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by RickinColorado
Some of us have gotten 10%+/-, so you may have $2,500 more to negotiate with them if you want. Mine stickered for about $10K more, so that may be the difference in giving the dealer more flexibility to deal. But...you're close.
Thank you. I know that this dealer is not willing to work with me. It is so weird how these dealers act as if they dont want to sell a car. I contacted this one guy and told him i want a carrera for around 1000 a month, he said he couldnt do it. Therefore i asked him what he can do, and he simply kept replying that he just couldnt do it and he wouldnt give me a price.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Thank you for the information. I really want the oem navigation because i do not like the add ons. As long as it somewhat does its job, im fine with it. Also, if i get the car, i will give the wheel shop a call. Once again, thank you for the info.

I'm with you. I like OEM. Besides, you never recoupe aftermarket bs from a dealer on trade in. And barely on a 3rd party sale.

ALL 997's (minus the GT3/RS/GT2) come standard with PCM. The navi is 'plug and play' and a little softward and viola! Navigation.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by cephas
That Walters Porsche, we talked about the same car for a month and they gave me a final deal which is only 500 off what the original asking. I drove 2 hours to riverside to meet with them because they told me they have a end of the month event that day. And they gave me the same ****, nonnegotiable. The manager on the floor intimidated me a lot. Go try it out and I think you will get the same experience as mine. Most of the P-dealers here are pretty crappy. Email Mark at Pacific Porsche to see if he can beat the deals for you before you finalize anything.

marktaylor@lacarguy.com
Yup, thats what i realized. I have noticed that employees at porsche dealerships think that they are the sh*t. They are very cocky and feel that they dont need to be nice to us as customers. I will go ahead and give Mark a call. Thanks.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Thank you. I know that this dealer is not willing to work with me. It is so weird how these dealers act as if they dont want to sell a car. I contacted this one guy and told him i want a carrera for around 1000 a month, he said he couldnt do it. Therefore i asked him what he can do, and he simply kept replying that he just couldnt do it and he wouldnt give me a price.

Typical; I hate that. No matter what you buy, watch, suit, or car- dont' F'ing tell me what you CAN'T do or won't do; tell me where we have a deal. It's negotiating- if that ****** bag can't tell you're engaging him- WALK.

Rick, where did you get that good deal from?

Old 04-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by M5Kid
I would think that BH Porsche could get away with this type of behavior. Go to a dealer in another area that needs to be more accommodating and aggressive in pricing in order to do business.

With that being said, I was under the impression that credit score doesn't have the same bearing on customers who are leasing as it does for those financing. On a lease, isn't it simply that you qualify or you don't?
Beverly hills is not a big deal. Many assume that its Beverly hills therefore it has to be expensive. That is not true. As far as the credit score issue, i have over 790 therefore i am excellent and they would feel safe to lease me a car. Also, they look at what else i pay for (i.e. mortgage, other cars). Everytime i spoke with anyone, they simply self my credit is excellent therefore i shouldnt worry.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Ok you guys. I contacted Pacific Porsche today and spoke with a few people. When i went onto the website, i noticed that they had a 07 carrera S tip in stock. It is missing navi, but who cares, its a S. It had an msrp of 93xxx. The website states that they are will to drop 15% of msrp. Do you think they will discount the car $20,000? We are in april and the car has been sitting their for a while now. If the price is dropped to 73,000, i think i would be able to pick that car up for a pair price. What do you guys think?

Old 04-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Ok you guys. I contacted Pacific Porsche today and spoke with a few people. When i went onto the website, i noticed that they had a 07 carrera S tip in stock. It is missing navi, but who cares, its a S. It had an msrp of 93xxx. The website states that they are will to drop 15% of msrp. Do you think they will discount the car $20,000? We are in april and the car has been sitting their for a while now. If the price is dropped to 73,000, i think i would be able to pick that car up for a pair price. What do you guys think?
15% is all there is in that car. Anything beyond that is a total loss on it. You either want it, or you don't.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beverly Hills Porsche