997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Help, anyone in Ma/NH have 997 wheel spacers in? Anyone have experience w/RUF wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 09:40 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Help, anyone in Ma/NH have 997 wheel spacers in? Anyone have experience w/RUF wheels?

-my car is 997 05 narrowbody-
I have an appointment tomorrow to have my RUF 19 wheels installed and had NO clue this would be such a hassle. Longer wheel studs, spacers, etc.... the wheels came off a 996 c4s and came with a RUF spacer with fixed studs but from what I was told this is NOT the right set up to run on a 997....recomended is a 7mm kit...

Anyway, are there any shops local in Ma area (or even NH) that might have a 7mm spacer kit (H/R or other?) in stock for a 997 with the extended studs? I believe anything over 5mm you need the longer studs?

If anyone has any experience fitting 19Rufs on a 997 I would love to pick your brain as I have had people recommend anything from a 7mm to a 15mm spacer for this set up for the rears plus a suggestions of no spacer or a slight spacer up front.

The wheels are front 8.5 x 19 with 56 mm Offset and the rears are 11x19 with 70mm offset.... any help greatly apprecaited all. I want the set up to sit flush with the flare not like factory where the wheels are sunken in a bit. Thanks so much.....

Old 04-10-2008, 09:42 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Contact damon@tirerack.com, I am sure he can send them over night to you with the bolts.

Good Luck.

Ed

Old 04-10-2008, 11:43 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Was Damon able to help you out?

Old 04-11-2008, 07:46 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
just about to post....THANKS

yes and thanks so much for your help, really a nice guy and knows his stuff, great referral Thank you 100X really apprecaite it.....

Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Was Damon able to help you out?

Old 04-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by mickfluff
yes and thanks so much for your help, really a nice guy and knows his stuff, great referral Thank you 100X really apprecaite it.....
I have not ordered anything from him (yet) however he was a lot of help when I have had questions. Glad it worked for you.

Ed

Old 04-12-2008, 04:03 PM
AZ911S is infamous around these parts
-my car is 997 05 narrowbody-
I have an appointment tomorrow to have my RUF 19 wheels installed and had NO clue this would be such a hassle. Longer wheel studs, spacers, etc.... the wheels came off a 996 c4s and came with a RUF spacer with fixed studs but from what I was told this is NOT the right set up to run on a 997....recomended is a 7mm kit...

Anyway, are there any shops local in Ma area (or even NH) that might have a 7mm spacer kit (H/R or other?) in stock for a 997 with the extended studs? I believe anything over 5mm you need the longer studs?

If anyone has any experience fitting 19Rufs on a 997 I would love to pick your brain as I have had people recommend anything from a 7mm to a 15mm spacer for this set up for the rears plus a suggestions of no spacer or a slight spacer up front.

The wheels are front 8.5 x 19 with 56 mm Offset and the rears are 11x19 with 70mm offset.... any help greatly apprecaited all. I want the set up to sit flush with the flare not like factory where the wheels are sunken in a bit. Thanks so much.....
I have had the 19" Ruf wheels with 7mm rear spacers and studs now for 3 years on C2S. No spacers on front. No problems. Beautiful wheels and finish is still nearly perfect after almost 30K miles. Good luck.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:50 PM
thanks, really apprecaite it

Thanks so much, would you have any pics at all, would love to see, mine go on next week, on seal grey car. Thanks again for the reply...

Originally Posted by AZ911S
I have had the 19" Ruf wheels with 7mm rear spacers and studs now for 3 years on C2S. No spacers on front. No problems. Beautiful wheels and finish is still nearly perfect after almost 30K miles. Good luck.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Banned
Matt(in MA) is infamous around these parts
Hey - You're spinning your wheels it seems (no pun). I've got a P car shop that will answer all your questions right in Framingham... shoot me a note and I'll set you up....

Matt

Old 04-12-2008, 07:22 PM
AZ911S is infamous around these parts
Thanks so much, would you have any pics at all, would love to see, mine go on next week, on seal grey car. Thanks again for the reply...
Seal Grey here too. Don't have any handy pictures - sorry. Just wait the week - you'll be thrilled with the look.