997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

RSS Plenum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 11:50 AM
dduncan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by florindi
Gentlemen,

I posted my baseline dyno yesterday and I hope to have some more data tonight. My car is supposed to be dynoed again today, now with the plenum only as mods. Same as Duncan. I hope to have positive results.
What were the results?

Old 04-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by RSSGREG
Greetings 6 Speeders,

First of all, everyone here at RSS would also like to extend our appreciation and gratitude to all the parties involved, especially Todd at AWE who has been very diplomatic throughout this entire IPD plenum evaluation process. I know AWE is a very well respected tuner when it comes to Volkswagen, Audi and Porsches and have a very loyal customer base. I’m sure all the dyno procedures and protocols were conducted to the nine and were not purposefully manipulated to put the IPD plenum in a bad light.

Although AWE and RSS are technically competitors I’d like to think we share a common mutual respect for each other and enjoy a friendly relationship. That being said, I can only say, “Something is definitely wrong” here. We thoroughly test every plenum design before we commit to full manufacturing production runs. Each and every dyno result posted by RSS was also conducted under the strictest dyno guidelines.

The bottom line is that the plenum did not yield the greatest results and to that I say, send it back. We stand by every IPD plenum. We sell over 100 plenums every month, all with 100% money back guarantee, and to date we have received only 1 plenum return. That means we have a qualified 99.9% customer satisfaction rating. We even sale IPD plenums to German Tuner shops in Europe who have tested and endorse the plenum. So many 6 Speeders (many of which were skeptical non believers to begin with) have also substantiated and confirmed the horsepower and torque gains received from installing an IPD plenum.

Again, we’re not saying any of the members or companies involved here performed incorrect installs or conducted bogus dyno results. We are simply saying that “Something is definitely NOT right here”. So we asked one of our customers to take his “bone stock” 997S and perform the exact same test. The dyno results will be posted on Monday (on a new thread).

Thanks again to everyone involved, especially all the customers who have shared their positive experience with their IPD plenums.

Enjoy the weekend,
Greg
Looking forward to seeing the results... when are they being posted?

Old 04-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gravedgr
As someone who makes their living in the product management/marketing world, I will merely say this: it is fairly easy to make test statistics "show" whatever you want, which is why vendor-supplied results "proof" should always be viewed with at least some suspicion, "independent" or not.
Yes. This is the problem in a nutshell. It is made more difficult when you are told that your subjective impressions are moot. I have offered in the past to do a roll-on w a non plenum car (no ego attached) with the realization that there still would be no baseline so to speak, the cars never having met before. A conundrum.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Banned
RSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond repute
NEW 997S Independent IPD Plenum Dyno Test

Greetings Once Again 6 Speeders,

Well I thought I would post some additional dyno results that were conducted on Friday (April 18th) by a customer with a Bone Stock 997S. These dyno runs were performed at BBK Performance who specializes in American muscle throttle bodies, intake manifolds and exhaust systems. The bone stock 997S actually belongs to the owner of BBK who “wanted to see the proof in the pudding” on their own in-house dyno with their own in-house techs.

The 997S is and always has been completely bone stock. Temperatures varied by less than 4 degrees and were actually warmer during the IPD plenum runs. The humidity ranges were minimal as well. The blue lines represent the highest and lowest stock pulls.

I know this only adds more fuel to the fire in this already heated debate. And for the record, the plenum (like most mods) typically yields its greatest power gains on bone stock cars. Yes, a high flow performance exhaust and IPD plenum go together like peanut butter and jelly but they work just fine on their own. Also, Porsche uses aluminum intakes on all their race cars including Cup Cars.

Take it for what you will and be your own judge.

Cheers,
Greg

Name:  997SStockDynoRunfromBBK.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  145.3 KB

Old 04-21-2008, 01:45 PM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
Perfect example of the inconsistancy of a dyno. Where is the lowest graph with the new plenum? Any car, with any mod, can vary by as much as 10% on a dyno, same day, same conditions. Just keep trying til you see what you want.

But there will always be believers, I guess?

Did you know that your Porsche will often show a 15 - 20 hp increase in peak power just by unplugging the battery for a few seconds and then running it on a dyno?

Old 04-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Thanks, Greg. I think OK. The tiebreaker goes to florindi. When he last posted he did not seem very enthusiastic. Seriously, tho, this was the expected outcome, no? I have a headache. All you guys who pressed for dynotesting (you know who you are), help me out here. ps: repeat ne1 on li w stock 997 s willing to do friendly roll-on pm me this is a real pita gerry snap: i have ebay headers hmmm....

Last edited by Gpjli; 04-21-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Lets Call discovery Channel to run and episode of the myth busters.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by dduncan
Lets Call discovery Channel to run and episode of the myth busters.
+1 LOL Thanks

Old 04-21-2008, 02:54 PM
florindi is infamous around these parts
Hi All,

I know that everyone is waiting for my post. I spoke with Greg and obviously he rather not post my results. If that is any indication of the results, then maybe I'll leave it at that. I am not trying to **** anyone off. I just want to get an understanding of what is going on with my car.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:56 PM
erubin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by florindi
Hi All,

I know that everyone is waiting for my post. I spoke with Greg and obviously he rather not post my results. If that is any indication of the results, then maybe I'll leave it at that. I am not trying to **** anyone off. I just want to get an understanding of what is going on with my car.
Who payed for the dyno runs?

Old 04-21-2008, 03:18 PM
florindi is infamous around these parts
I did

Old 04-21-2008, 03:22 PM
erubin is infamous around these parts
Then I would say they are your results and you have the right to decide whether to post them or not.

Old 04-21-2008, 03:30 PM
florindi, please post the results. If RSS wants to contest them that is their right. Your cars performance is very important to all that has gone on here. We all ready know it is not good. How bad was it? Gerry

Last edited by Gpjli; 04-21-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:33 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Best 2 out of 3. Any one want to be the deciding vote?

Old 04-21-2008, 03:37 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RSSGREG
Well I thought I would post some additional dyno results that were conducted on Friday (April 18th) by a customer with a Bone Stock 997S. These dyno runs were performed at BBK Performance who specializes in American muscle throttle bodies, intake manifolds and exhaust systems. The bone stock 997S actually belongs to the owner of BBK who “wanted to see the proof in the pudding” on their own in-house dyno with their own in-house techs.
Is BBK an authorized reseller of RSS?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: RSS Plenum