997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

RSS Plenum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 08:46 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ian_UK1
I've not seen any independent dynos of the plenum on its own so I've no idea what to expect! Seems there are one or two cynics on here that are expecting a sensational zero however.....

One of the members on Rennlist had before and after dynos done on a full 997S AWE system last year and it produced a creditable 23BHP increase at the wheels - about 28BHP crank - not bad at all.
+1 Not too bad, doesn't sound like a lot, but there is only 30 HP between the Carrera and that Carrera S and it was enough for Porsche to make a second model out of it.

It will be interesting to see the numbers.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:06 AM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
I am guessing an avg of 5whp or less across the rev range.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:49 AM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
I've not seen any independent dynos of the plenum on its own so I've no idea what to expect! Seems there are one or two cynics on here that are expecting a sensational zero however.....

One of the members on Rennlist had before and after dynos done on a full 997S AWE system last year and it produced a creditable 23BHP increase at the wheels - about 28BHP crank - not bad at all.

23BHP increase over all or at what RPM?

Old 04-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
The HP increase is not at peak, meaning if you're running 355HP, it won't up you to a new total of 355 + XHP. It's only across certain bands.

However, I have the RSS Plenum, and have been very pleased with it. Eager to see the results.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Ian_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by lardog
23BHP increase over all or at what RPM?
Go to Rennlist.com, 997 Forum and look for a thread called 'AWE Exhaust System User Report'. Page 7 has full dyno graphs before and after - several runs too

Last edited by Ian_UK1; 04-17-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Ian_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to behold
... and the 28BHP was at peak rpm.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:31 AM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Cattman
The HP increase is not at peak, meaning if you're running 355HP, it won't up you to a new total of 355 + XHP. It's only across certain bands.

However, I have the RSS Plenum, and have been very pleased with it. Eager to see the results.

What?

Old 04-17-2008, 11:41 AM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a cynic just been waiting for results for a while. If the results are good I will do this upgrade. It seems it gets debated alot with no hard facts to back it up. And I am just getting fed up with this whole debate. And I feel if the results were really 23 bhp everyone would be happy with it. But it doesn't seem that is the case.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:48 AM
... and the 28BHP was at peak rpm.

No way a RSS Plenum adds 28BHP at peak.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:52 AM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
I have the utmost respect for the entire team at A.W.E., and I am sure that they are doing everything in their power to give a fair evaluation of the plenum. I too am anxiously awaiting the results.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by lardog
No way a RSS Plenum adds 28BHP at peak.
Quite right - it was a full AWE exhaust system (headers, cats, mufflers) that gave this result. No plenum involved.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Guys,

This is a *very* hot topic, and we are making sure a 100% fair test is conducted. The last thing we want to do is provide false data, whether good or bad.

We're wrapping up our testing today and I will then attempt to present a detailed and thorough synopsis of our findings. Please forgive me if the presentation does not happen until tomorrow, as it is somewhat late in the day here already.

We appreciate your faith in us to provide you with unbiased results, and we do not take that trust lightly.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Quite right - it was a full AWE exhaust system (headers, cats, mufflers) that gave this result. No plenum involved.
Then why add to the confusion?...

Old 04-17-2008, 01:28 PM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
I have full exhaust and ecu flash and trust me I hope the results of the plenum are fair. I want to add this mod however I feel like this mod has caused so much debate that something can't be right. For people that have the plenum can you feel the difference? If you can't then it must not be adding much tq. or hp. Can someone with it comment on the noticeable power gains?

Old 04-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FASTLANE
I have full exhaust and ecu flash and trust me I hope the results of the plenum are fair. I want to add this mod however I feel like this mod has caused so much debate that something can't be right. For people that have the plenum can you feel the difference? If you can't then it must not be adding much tq. or hp. Can someone with it comment on the noticeable power gains?
You haven't done your homework. There has been near universal praise of this mod. Ian has recently raised an as yet unanswered question: why didn't it feel good to me? I hope he adds closure to that thread and does not leave it unresolved to confuse folks like you who come later. Then there has been lardas...er...larddog, who seems to enjoy negative attention and has no experience w the plenum but knows how to bust'em. Please do a search and read the results. As I said, to my knowledge all who have installed it have liked it with the possible exception of Ian who should address his "deplenum" post in all fairness to the product and it's potential users.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: RSS Plenum