997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

the 997 stars in al pacino's new movie, 88 minutes.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 11:55 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
the 997 stars in al pacino's new movie, 88 minutes.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_p...tes/large.html

Silver 997 CS drop top.
Looks like it's used in a lot of shots too.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:48 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
I didn't see it but it got terrible reviews. On top of that they blow up the 997, boo hoo.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Al

Originally Posted by neil.schneider
I didn't see it but it got terrible reviews. On top of that they blow up the 997, boo hoo.
I like PAcino and love Porsches, but won't see the movie because of the poor reviews.
Mr. B

Old 04-22-2008, 08:00 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mr. B
I like PAcino and love Porsches, but won't see the movie because of the poor reviews.
Mr. B
Jeremy Clarkson hastes Porsches and gives them poor reviews, doesn't mean it is a bad car.

Who says the movie is bad? I haven't heard much about it yet, but I prefer to review movies myself.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:50 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
it's been ages since i seen a movie at the theater.
next week time to hit multiplex.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Orbiter is infamous around these parts
Watch the intro trailer closely, when the car blows up and flips upside down notice
that the 997 has no engine in it. It also shows some fake exhaust pipes.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:38 PM
cdaniels is infamous around these parts
Surely they didn't blow up a real 997....

Old 04-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Dominique997SC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Jeremy Clarkson hastes Porsches and gives them poor reviews, doesn't mean it is a bad car.

Who says the movie is bad? I haven't heard much about it yet, but I prefer to review movies myself.
The guy who's 6'4" complaining about the fact his knees are touching the seat memory controls when cornering? He's a funny guy but can be a moron... but I still like his show! His reviews are based on liking or disliking a brand or country... his review of the M5 was the perfect proof of that.

Second that, I don't let reviews decide whether I want to see a movie. IMDB gives the movie a 6.2/10 which is a decent score on that site.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:16 PM
BAD ASH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Orbiter
Watch the intro trailer closely, when the car blows up and flips upside down notice
that the 997 has no engine in it. It also shows some fake exhaust pipes.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:33 AM
mishref is infamous around these parts
I watched the movie a few months back .. The rims changed halfway through the movie, he must have had a track day and put on the comp tires.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:39 AM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cdaniels
Surely they didn't blow up a real 997....
Oh yeah they DEFINITELY did not blow up a real 997, it was funny when they show the car burning and its on its side you can see the fake exhaust welded down to a pipe running from one wheel to another... it looked retarded.

Movie wasn't bad though, just a little stupid when you figure out who was the person behind it. Its good that you might now know exactly who is after him from the get go.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:39 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dominique997SC
The guy who's 6'4" complaining about the fact his knees are touching the seat memory controls when cornering? He's a funny guy but can be a moron... but I still like his show! His reviews are based on liking or disliking a brand or country... his review of the M5 was the perfect proof of that.

Second that, I don't let reviews decide whether I want to see a movie. IMDB gives the movie a 6.2/10 which is a decent score on that site.
I love the show as well, I just love when he attacks Porsches and then comes to the conclusion that they are excellent vehicles.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by DYL 911
Oh yeah they DEFINITELY did not blow up a real 997, it was funny when they show the car burning and its on its side you can see the fake exhaust welded down to a pipe running from one wheel to another... it looked retarded.

Movie wasn't bad though, just a little stupid when you figure out who was the person behind it. Its good that you might now know exactly who is after him from the get go.
I was at a local VW dealer last year and they had a Toureg with a W12 that was in the movie (imported from Saudi Arabia by VWofA for this movie) and the car was used for filming at night and then to the dealership for fixing everything that they broke. By the end of the filming the Toureg was blown up, but the engine and tranny were removed before that scene was shot. So I believe that they did blow up the 997. It is not a huge cost when you look at the size of the budgets that these movies have.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:46 AM
b29pb is infamous around these parts
great car.. until it got blew up..

Old 04-23-2008, 10:04 AM
mishref is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I was at a local VW dealer last year and they had a Toureg with a W12 that was in the movie (imported from Saudi Arabia by VWofA for this movie) and the car was used for filming at night and then to the dealership for fixing everything that they broke. By the end of the filming the Toureg was blown up, but the engine and tranny were removed before that scene was shot. So I believe that they did blow up the 997. It is not a huge cost when you look at the size of the budgets that these movies have.

Watch the scene .. there is no way in hell that they blew up a 997. Looks more like a metal box with ghetto exhaust pipes welded to the front. The tires couldn't have been more than 7 inches wide.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: the 997 stars in al pacino's new movie, 88 minutes.