997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

AWE MODS DYNO WITH RSS PLENUM and WITHOUT RSS PLENUM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 09:43 AM
dduncan is infamous around these parts
AWE MODS DYNO WITH RSS PLENUM and WITHOUT RSS PLENUM

Love the AWE mods

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/m...ncan_final.jpg

RSS did not do so well

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/m...IPD_plenum.jpg

If someone knows how to insert the pictures link in here your welcome to do so. I am at a loss as to this.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:49 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Wow that is over 400 HP with a 15% factor applied for wheel to crank loss.

Nice.

Thanks for the post.

Ed

BTW those are duty free right

Old 04-22-2008, 09:56 AM
yeah that is nice, not sure if 15% is the right number for drive train loss it might be less. But nice none the less.

Also this answers the question of RSS plenum working with more free flowing exhaust and air intak and chip... No gain, a little loss... to bad. I was hoping for some inexpensive HP and TQ increas.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Ian_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to behold
Very nice result indeed!

Your car seems to be a lot more powerful before the mods than is typical for a 997S - Most dyno at just over 300BHP (wheels). So to get a +27BHP (wheels) result on an engine that is already right at the top of the variation from the factory is amazing.

Seeing these results has finally made up my mind to buy AWE's headers to go along with their cats and mufflers on my car. AWE rocks!

Anyone want to buy a lightly used IPD plenum?

Last edited by Ian_UK1; 04-22-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:31 AM
dan_997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dduncan
Love the AWE mods

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/m...ncan_final.jpg

RSS did not do so well

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/m...IPD_plenum.jpg

If someone knows how to insert the pictures link in here your welcome to do so. I am at a loss as to this.

I wonder how much difference the software and intake make as opposed to just the AWE headers, cats and mufflers?

Old 04-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
I guess that pretty much nails it. Thanks, Gerry

Old 04-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by dan_997
I wonder how much difference the software and intake make as opposed to just the AWE headers, cats and mufflers?
I will leave that dyno run to someone else.. My baby has done over 60 dyno puls in the last week..

HAHA

Old 04-22-2008, 11:26 AM
neilwight is infamous around these parts
Edited as I read the plenum graphs back to front. Not good for the plenum at all. You sure they didn't transpose results

Thank you for taking the time to put these up

Last edited by neilwight; 04-22-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:27 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !

Old 04-22-2008, 11:32 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future

I will leave that dyno run to someone else.. My baby has done over 60 dyno puls in the last week..

HAHA
60 dyno, damn bro. I sure hope you got a hook up.
Here a dyno would be at least 50$ a pop.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
60 dyno, damn bro. I sure hope you got a hook up.
Here a dyno would be at least 50$ a pop.
He was kind enough to let us use his car for testing so he was properly taken care of. We absorbed the cost since this was for product development.

Doug has been more then patient. We can't wait for him to drive his car.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:45 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
yeah that is nice, not sure if 15% is the right number for drive train loss it might be less. But nice none the less.

Also this answers the question of RSS plenum working with more free flowing exhaust and air intak and chip... No gain, a little loss... to bad. I was hoping for some inexpensive HP and TQ increas.
You are right, I recalculated based on 323 HP at wheels = 355 HP at Crank, therefore a 10% gain. Using this you are around 390HP, still not bad.

Thanks for your time on this Doug, I am sure it is killing you not driving your new car.

Ed

Old 04-22-2008, 12:01 PM
It would be interesting to see the curve for the 997S with X51 versus these curves.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:15 PM
RickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud of
We now have dduncan and florindi with similar results. So, where is RSS getting their dyno sheets - both the website ones and the new BBK ones? They both (coincidentally?) show exactly the promised 27 hp increase.

My BS meter's needle is pegged.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:21 PM
neijia is infamous around these parts
Good information, thanks for posting the results... as Rick just said, "wtf is up with the plenum claims"?
Ian, ship it too me, I need a lightweight "T" connector for a sprinkler system

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AWE MODS DYNO WITH RSS PLENUM and WITHOUT RSS PLENUM