997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

PSS10's Installed, Tubi Done and New Shoes, I'm gettin there

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 12:27 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by b911s
Believe me i went over this at lenght with my vendor. The PSS-9/10's for non PASM cars had the adjustment ***** allowing the 9 or 10 adjustments as you say. The ones that are made for PASM equipped cars do not have the adjustments because of the electronic connection. It says on the box from Bilstein that the shocks came in PSS-10 and Damptronics. They have another product that looks more like the strut that came off our cars that are straight Damptronics and are for cars that dont have it form other manufactures. I may be wrong but i did alot of research on clairifing it. They are PSS10's I know that because it is the new part number.

I drove it from my home to the shop today, 13 miles. Problem is that my entire center control stack with the PCM, HVAC controls and the Sport Buttons is removed, getting painted, so I got a PASM failure and i believe they defaulted to sport mode. I hope so becuase it was rough as hell, if thats how they are in normal mode they will be up for sale next week and I'll go with Lowering springs as I did on my 2S. Those had a stock ride in normal mode and were just the right firmness when put in sport mode.

How do you feel the ride differed from your stockers in normal and sport mode?
FWIW (not that it matters) the box my Bilsteins came in has three design designations on it. It shows B16 PSS9/10 and then under that has B14 PSS Damptronic. I figured that the B14 PSS Damptronic is what I installed on my car

If you have a PASM failure warning maybe your shocks/struts are defaulting to the PASM "on" mode. Because I had H&R lowering springs on the car before the coilovers and the car bounced all over the place and felt uncontrolled and "floaty". In normal mode with the coilovers the car is well controlled and a bit firmer than the lowering springs, but not by much. When the PASM is engaged the coilovers are super stiff and very "rough" over bumpy roads. I assume this is what you are feeling.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:23 AM
graffix000 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I agree that it is not safe, go buy the right jack. Sears has a nice one for very little money.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...Lift+Equipment

Ed

Steer clear of that jack from sears. It works great for a little while and then breaks. Where you twist the handle to lower the jack, there is a pathetically small part that ends up breaking. I was lucky enough to have my M5 up on jack stands when it occured... My other jacks didn't go high enough to get it down. Just take a look at the reviews for it.

The warranty lasts for 1 year, and after that they tell you to pound sand. No way to fix it as they will not sell individual parts for it. i still have the POS floor decoration in my garage.

Griots garage sells a real nice full size low profile jack that I have heard nothing but good things about. Only downside is it is like $400

You wouldn't need the boards though...

Old 05-01-2008, 11:47 AM
DWN4WVR is infamous around these parts
B911S,

When I first saw your car, I was really impressed with your careful and on-point factory options selection, (based on what I like.) And now, it's looking better and better with more quality upgrades. I really really like it. Very well done.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:03 PM
surfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura aboutsurfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura about
Looks really nice!

Originally Posted by b911s
if thats how they are in normal mode they will be up for sale next week and I'll go with Lowering springs as I did on my 2S.
DIBS!!!!!

Old 05-02-2008, 07:18 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by graffix000
Steer clear of that jack from sears. It works great for a little while and then breaks. Where you twist the handle to lower the jack, there is a pathetically small part that ends up breaking. I was lucky enough to have my M5 up on jack stands when it occured... My other jacks didn't go high enough to get it down. Just take a look at the reviews for it.

The warranty lasts for 1 year, and after that they tell you to pound sand. No way to fix it as they will not sell individual parts for it. i still have the POS floor decoration in my garage.

Griots garage sells a real nice full size low profile jack that I have heard nothing but good things about. Only downside is it is like $400

You wouldn't need the boards though...
Good to know. We don't have access to that jack in Canada. Thanks for the feedback.