997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

PSS10's Installed, Tubi Done and New Shoes, I'm gettin there

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 09:58 PM
b911s is infamous around these parts
PSS10's Installed, Tubi Done and New Shoes, I'm gettin there

Just finished up with the Tubi install tonight and the PSS10's last night. Wanted to throw a few pics up for you to see the progress. Dont mind the boards under the tires, have to fine tune the suspension further and it makes it easier to get the jack underneath. Looks like the back needs to go down more and maybe a tad more in the front. Tubi sounds great but only blipped it a few times, didnt want to rile up the neighbors at 11PM. These arnt the greatest shots but you get the idea. My PCM center stack should also be finished being painted this week and I'll get some good shots inside and out up for you once everything is done. I cant wait to finally drive the thing, it's been sitting here 3 weeks and only has 60 miles on it.

Attached Images    
Old 04-22-2008, 10:15 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
you should get an allignmnet and corner balancing.

Nice work.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
you should get an allignmnet and corner balancing.

Nice work.
Getting done this week.

Thanks

Old 04-22-2008, 10:52 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Looks great !
I was not a fan of that colour on a Porsche but lowered and wheels and...YUP.....I like it...ALOT !

One word of advice for you,those blocks of wood under your tires is a great way to damage your car when rolling off.Being that the blocks are so short they could flip up when you roll off sticking into the car and denting it or worse yet tearing a body panel off.A trick would be to cut the ends on a 45 degree angle.Be careful had it happen to me twice on a different car.

Stacy

Old 04-23-2008, 05:39 AM
atleung is infamous around these partsatleung is infamous around these parts
Very nice! Looks like you could drop it a bit more. Maybe you're saving that for the corner balancing. Time for body mods!

Old 04-23-2008, 07:23 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
Looks great !
I was not a fan of that colour on a Porsche but lowered and wheels and...YUP.....I like it...ALOT !

One word of advice for you,those blocks of wood under your tires is a great way to damage your car when rolling off.Being that the blocks are so short they could flip up when you roll off sticking into the car and denting it or worse yet tearing a body panel off.A trick would be to cut the ends on a 45 degree angle.Be careful had it happen to me twice on a different car.

Stacy
I agree that it is not safe, go buy the right jack. Sears has a nice one for very little money.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...Lift+Equipment

If any one in Canada is looking for one, this is the one I bought (works well).
http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/pr...08474396672442

Ed

Old 04-23-2008, 08:50 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
looks great!

wow looks great!

Old 04-23-2008, 08:57 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
wow, that look turned out great! I am a fan of that yellow now!

Old 04-23-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by justatoy
Looks great !

Stacy
Yes I have done that before, was doing both sides at the same time and my one jack is a little higher and wouldnt fit under the car when lowered down. Just doing this to get the ride height close. I always jack it up and then remove the boards first.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:28 AM
lager99 is infamous around these parts

Old 04-23-2008, 11:34 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Did you install PSS10's or PSS damptronics?

Old 04-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
Did you install PSS10's or PSS damptronics?
PSS10's for PASM equipped cars are Damptronics. They plug right into the factory wires and the sport & suspension buttons works as normal.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:07 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by b911s
PSS10's for PASM equipped cars are Damptronics. They plug right into the factory wires and the sport & suspension buttons works as normal.

I think PSS10's are actually a newer version of the PSS9's that have 10 damper settings instead of 9. The Damptronics are just PSS because there is only an off or on setting. I have the PSS Damptronics as well. I love how the car feels much more planted. Have you had a chance to drive the car much with the new suspension?

Old 04-23-2008, 07:36 PM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
I like it! BLING BLING!

Old 04-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
I think PSS10's are actually a newer version of the PSS9's that have 10 damper settings instead of 9. The Damptronics are just PSS because there is only an off or on setting. I have the PSS Damptronics as well. I love how the car feels much more planted. Have you had a chance to drive the car much with the new suspension?

Believe me i went over this at lenght with my vendor. The PSS-9/10's for non PASM cars had the adjustment ***** allowing the 9 or 10 adjustments as you say. The ones that are made for PASM equipped cars do not have the adjustments because of the electronic connection. It says on the box from Bilstein that the shocks came in PSS-10 and Damptronics. They have another product that looks more like the strut that came off our cars that are straight Damptronics and are for cars that dont have it form other manufactures. I may be wrong but i did alot of research on clairifing it. They are PSS10's I know that because it is the new part number.

I drove it from my home to the shop today, 13 miles. Problem is that my entire center control stack with the PCM, HVAC controls and the Sport Buttons is removed, getting painted, so I got a PASM failure and i believe they defaulted to sport mode. I hope so becuase it was rough as hell, if thats how they are in normal mode they will be up for sale next week and I'll go with Lowering springs as I did on my 2S. Those had a stock ride in normal mode and were just the right firmness when put in sport mode.

How do you feel the ride differed from your stockers in normal and sport mode?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PSS10's Installed, Tubi Done and New Shoes, I'm gettin there