997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Anyone begin guessing the facelift price hike ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 09:10 PM
cephas is infamous around these parts
don't you guys know higher price will draw more demands?

Old 04-27-2008, 09:26 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cephas
don't you guys know higher price will draw more demands?

Porsche has played this very smart . The 997 is the first 911 to have a base and an S model . In fact I alwats felt that the S model should have been the only car offered post 996 but that extra 10K would need an explanation .

If 20 or 30HP makes it into the base 997 that makes it very close to a current S model. An 8K increase would make it a bargain .

That's my guess .

Old 04-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by yrralis1
This is wishful thinking . I hope you are right but consider this --the 08 Turbo increase from 07 was 3K and the car was unchanged . A big shift like anew engine block and axle lock (standard --normally a 1K option) as well as PDK --this has to cost $$$$$.
Did is miss the part about "new engine block"? Please fill me in here. Gerry

Old 04-27-2008, 09:46 PM
BankBuster23 is infamous around these parts
there is no way I pay north of $100k for a 997S....sorry

Old 04-27-2008, 10:29 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gpjli
Did is miss the part about "new engine block"? Please fill me in here. Gerry
I included the Turbo in my original post . The posts in various forums point towards the dry sump current Turbo engine being swapped for the 3.8 wet sump found in the 997S along with upgrades of DFI and PDK generating HP gains and fuel efficiency .

These enhancements took time and research to develop . Who do you think ultimately pays for that ?

Last edited by yrralis1; 04-27-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by BankBuster23
there is no way I pay north of $100k for a 997S....sorry
Some are currently priced above 100K with options .

Old 04-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Banned
M3-ADDICT is infamous around these partsM3-ADDICT is infamous around these parts
Porsche should re adjust their prices to the current inflation and most importantly the new competitors on the market offering so much more for so much less.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:51 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
These enhancements took time and research to develop . Who do you think ultimately pays for that ?
Given the profit made per car the past few years, you could argue we've ALREADY paid for it.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:00 PM
BankBuster23 is infamous around these parts
Some are currently priced above 100K with options .
I understand that...but that is a heavily optioned 997s coupe...

if you are correct about the new pricing, it would be hard to avoid $100k with minimal options...too much if you ask me

Old 04-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by M3-ADDICT
Porsche should re adjust their prices to the current inflation and most importantly the new competitors on the market offering so much more for so much less.
History repeats itself . Nissan came out with a 300zxtt in 1990 claimed as a "Porsche beater" . It was quick too . I bought one . It NEVER was a Porsche . Drive the "value" compeitor awhile and one notices little things --but they do add up .

Many of the "other" cars are failrly close . MSRP on an M3 with options is close . So are the Audi cars . The Nissan's , Lexus, etc cars are not so much cheaper either.

One pays more for a Porsche just like any other quality material item .

The Porsche 911 to me signifies a specific model which has a heritage lasting decades of a very unusual car . Buying one is like buying art and capturing that small portion of automotive history which has evolved over time .

The five dials, rear engine , quirky car is a legend . Drive one home and most after buying it aren't ready to give it back UNTIL they buy a new one .

It's the quiet moments when one looks at it sitting in his garage which to me bring the greatest joy.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Given the profit made per car the past few years, you could argue we've ALREADY paid for it.
I am not ready to stop buying them . I am on number 8 .
Any time I sold the car or took a Porsche hiatus I missed it immensely .

Financial savings did not emotionally bypass missing Porsche .

Old 04-28-2008, 12:00 AM
vantage78 is infamous around these parts
Here's my guess -- 997 and 997S -- 8K
997tt -15K

Options will take a nicely equipped C2S into the 110 range

For those trading in -- the car will face a depreciation hit during the first 6 months and then it will subside . Best time to sell it is NOW .

Typical deal on a 3 year trade in
2006 997S Trade in value 55K
2009 997S MSRP 110K

After negotiating --50K plus the 06 car gets a new one .

Anyone guess differently ?
Originally Posted by printemps2001
No way price increases that much. And no way a new version torpedoes demand (and therefore price) of 05-08 cars.

Interestingly discussion. I'm curious and would like to hear more talk about the existing ('05-'08) 997s prices. Given that the 09 911 (3.6) will be withing 10hp of the "old" 911s, what do you guys think will be a realistic drop in used 997 911s prices? 5-10%?

I do agree that now is definitely the time to sell if you are considering off-loading your "old" 911s.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by vantage78
Interestingly discussion. I'm curious and would like to hear more talk about the existing ('05-'08) 997s prices. Given that the 09 911 (3.6) will be withing 10hp of the "old" 911s, what do you guys think will be a realistic drop in used 997 911s prices? 5-10%?

I do agree that now is definitely the time to sell if you are considering off-loading your "old" 911s.
In the past when the car is replaced the old model takes an immediate drop at the launch of the new car BUT that drop is very short lived .

A month or two later the old car climbs back .

Your time to BUY a 997/997S 05 or 06 --is the first month of the launch . Come back 6 months later and it may actually cost more . Also if for any reason the new car disappoints --the old one will increase even more .

Old 04-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
I included the Turbo in my original post . The posts in various forums point towards the dry sump current Turbo engine being swapped for the 3.8 wet sump found in the 997S along with upgrades of DFI and PDK generating HP gains and fuel efficiency .

So the GT3 & Turbo become 3.8 using current block. This maybe answer to "Why no Turbo...) More hp, a little of "the legend" lost, more profit for Porsche. What else is new? (rhetorical Q Tx.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:29 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
I am not ready to stop buying them . I am on number 8 .
Any time I sold the car or took a Porsche hiatus I missed it immensely .

Financial savings did not emotionally bypass missing Porsche .
Then you are their target market. The rest of us are more pragmatic about our finances.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone begin guessing the facelift price hike ?