997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Anyone begin guessing the facelift price hike ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 05:04 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gpjli
So the GT3 & Turbo become 3.8 using current block. This maybe answer to "Why no Turbo...) More hp, a little of "the legend" lost, more profit for Porsche. What else is new? (rhetorical Q Tx.
I haven't read any posts on the gt3 or even the gt2 but there's a lot written on the Turbo .

It would make sense that Porsche holds off on 09 Turbo production , introduces DFI and PDK in the 997 upping the price , creating a bubble for the facelift 997tt and a very SHORT production run before a total redesign.

The legend lost? Nah --Porsche just has evolved to be able to compete and some companies revise frequently . The legend is only learning a few new moves in its quest to remain "no substitute" .

Old 04-28-2008, 05:08 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Then you are their target market. The rest of us are more pragmatic about our finances.
Until you the Porsche is no longer in your driveway . If you didn't love the car then the savings wins. BUT if you are like many who cherish their Porsches the absense of the car is something greatly missed and often replaced.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:37 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
I understand that the new base 997 will get more hp that brings it close to the current S, but the engine is only part of the upgrade when going base to S.

I say 1.5% increase.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:59 AM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Until you the Porsche is no longer in your driveway . If you didn't love the car then the savings wins. BUT if you are like many who cherish their Porsches the absense of the car is something greatly missed and often replaced.
I love the car, but not to the level I love my family and kids. As soon as the value (to me) is far exceeded by the price, we'll ditch it for something faster (and chaper) and take an extra vacation each year.