997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Anyone begin guessing the facelift price hike ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 06:06 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Anyone begin guessing the facelift price hike ?

Here's my guess -- 997 and 997S -- 8K
997tt -15K

Options will take a nicely equipped C2S into the 110 range

For those trading in -- the car will face a depreciation hit during the first 6 months and then it will subside . Best time to sell it is NOW .

Typical deal on a 3 year trade in
2006 997S Trade in value 55K
2009 997S MSRP 110K

After negotiating --50K plus the 06 car gets a new one .

Anyone guess differently ?

Old 04-26-2008, 06:52 PM
CoreyNJ is infamous around these parts
Price increase of that size would maintain the price of the older cars not kill it...

Old 04-26-2008, 07:10 PM
printemps2001 is infamous around these parts
No way price increases that much. And no way a new version torpedoes demand (and therefore price) of 05-08 cars.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:34 PM
PeterK is infamous around these parts
I'd say $2-3K. The changes are quite minor.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:13 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PeterK
+1, I think the amount of competition and the prices that they sell at (M3, GTR), Porsche also makes a huge profit on each 997, that the increase will be minor. We will take a bit of a hit, but $55 for a 06 C2S would be a steel in two to three months.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:49 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
This is wishful thinking . I hope you are right but consider this --the 08 Turbo increase from 07 was 3K and the car was unchanged . A big shift like anew engine block and axle lock (standard --normally a 1K option) as well as PDK --this has to cost $$$$$.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:11 AM
CoreyNJ is infamous around these parts
The other thing to concider is exchange rate. Porsche was hedging currency which runs out this year.... and now that the dollar has tanked, unless the fed get's ***** and raises rates, or europe does something to lower the euro to make their goods more attractive, 8k could be a possibility, but I doubt it.

I would expect porsche to lower quantity shipped to the US for newer markets like the middle east and russia. I think this is why the vented seats. A must for some of those new markets.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:07 AM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Here's my guess -- 997 and 997S -- 8K
997tt -15K

Options will take a nicely equipped C2S into the 110 range

For those trading in -- the car will face a depreciation hit during the first 6 months and then it will subside . Best time to sell it is NOW .

Typical deal on a 3 year trade in
2006 997S Trade in value 55K
2009 997S MSRP 110K

After negotiating --50K plus the 06 car gets a new one .

Anyone guess differently ?
My guess is that based on the changes and the current exchange rate the price increases will be at least 5%.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:15 AM
This is wishful thinking . I hope you are right but consider this --the 08 Turbo increase from 07 was 3K and the car was unchanged . A big shift like anew engine block and axle lock (standard --normally a 1K option) as well as PDK --this has to cost $$$$$.
Oh, I'm only talking about the base price for a base model. I'm sure the new options will be priced at premium they deserve. I'm also thinking that prices will be determied by demant. I think that $3K jump in TT was purelly from the fact that the car was in high demand. I'm not sure how demand for NA 911 has changed in 08 from say 07, so if demand is increaseing, there might be a higher premium on the new model.

Last edited by PeterK; 04-27-2008 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
+1, I think the amount of competition and the prices that they sell at (M3, GTR), Porsche also makes a huge profit on each 997, that the increase will be minor. We will take a bit of a hit, but $55 for a 06 C2S would be a steel in two to three months.

Hmm, I'm not so sure that porsche has ever considered these "lesser" cars as a direct competition to their 911 line. It will be interesting to see how their sales go in the time when the price of their base model comes to the MSRP of a GTR, which arguably offers the performance of TT.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:55 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Hmm, I'm not so sure that porsche has ever considered these "lesser" cars as a direct competition to their 911 line. It will be interesting to see how their sales go in the time when the price of their base model comes to the MSRP of a GTR, which arguably offers the performance of TT.
The current 997 and the 996 became more luxurious when compared to 993 and prior, as Porsche found that customers bought competitive, and some might say lessor cars simply because of comforts. MB and BMW were eating there lunch. Porsche is well aware of the products that their competitors are making, and they are also confident that customers will pay more for
a 997TT then Nissan is charging for a GTR, as well as people paying more for a 997C2S then a BMW M3, if they try and justify 10K more for 30hp when a M3 is already less money, then they will lose customers. You can bet they are well aware of the Lessor Competitors.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Oh, I'm only talking about the base price for a base model. I'm sure the new options will be priced at premium they deserve. I'm also thinking that prices will be determied by demant. I think that $3K jump in TT was purelly from the fact that the car was in high demand. I'm not sure how demand for NA 911 has changed in 08 from say 07, so if demand is increaseing, there might be a higher premium on the new model.
The 997S also faced an increase in 08 . It was less than 3K yet it was significant . I specullate that the weaker dollar and assorted economic variable were components in this increase.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:41 AM
The 997S also faced an increase in 08 . It was less than 3K yet it was significant . I specullate that the weaker dollar and assorted economic variable were components in this increase.
I think weaker dollar is going to be a great unknown for the future of the all-EU brand like Porsche in US. Unlike asian car makers who are better shielded against $ fluctuations and german brands that have production lines in NA like bmw, mb and VW, porsche is very EU-centric in its production, so they pretty much have to eat the weaker dollar or surrender their greatest market. It will be interesting next few years.

Old 04-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
My guess? 2-3% max. They will do what they need to to make significant profits like they do every year, but they won't kill the market either.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:59 PM
You guys sound very optimistic . We'll see.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone begin guessing the facelift price hike ?