997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Carrera S Wheel Trade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 03:32 PM
D_Wahler is infamous around these parts
Alright, sorry for the confusion. I wasn't aware that was what they were called.
The wheels I have are called sport design wheels, according to wheelenhancement.com
http://www.wheelenhancement.com/inde...lDetail&id=130
I have the OEM tires, which I believe are PS2's as well. I'm assuming they have about the same treadlife, as they only have 4500 miles on them.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Ah, OK.
I think I'll pass, I'm not a big fan of the "Sport Design" wheels.

But if you want to buy the "Lobster Forks" from me, I'll sell them to you (with the tires) for a very good price- I need to reclaim much needed garage space. Just let me know- should be able to send you pics, too.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:33 PM
vrnkc is infamous around these parts
I like the lobster fork carrera S wheels myself. Unique, compared to other "star" type wheels.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by vrnkc
I like the lobster fork carrera S wheels myself. Unique, compared to other "star" type wheels.
I perfer the lobster fork wheels as well. So if anyone has a set that they would like to get rid of, I'd consider doing a straight trade. Assuming they are in good condition, with no curb rash or anything of the sort.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Fast997S is infamous around these parts
I have a set I might trade and I'm located in Houston also! Il let you know ASAP.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:16 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Dominique997SC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by D_Wahler
Hi Guys,
I'm new to this forum, so I'm not sure where to post a trade like this, so I thought this might be the best place to try. I just bought myself a 06 Carrera S. It was the exact car I've been looking for, with the exception of the wheels. One thing that I really wanted on the car was the standard Carrera S wheels. So I thought I'd see if there was any member looking to trade a set for Sport Design wheels, for the standard Carrera S wheels. I would consider trades with or without tires. And my Wheels are in mint condition, without one mark on them. If anyone is interested, please let me know.
Thanks everyone
Funny how it took numerous posts to figure out what he has and what he wants... while his initial posting was very clear and accurate.

He even started excusing himself for other people getting him wrong... while he was right from the start

btw, I like those lobster things too... but I like my Turbo wheels even more
I never got it though why a lot of heavily equipped S's have the Carrera Classic wheels as an option, people actually prefer those over anything else?

Last edited by Dominique997SC; 04-30-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Fast997S
I have a set I might trade and I'm located in Houston also! Il let you know ASAP.
Excellent! If you'd like to trade wheels, please let me know asap, and I'll swing by so we can make the trade.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Dominique997SC
Funny how it took numerous posts to figure out what he has and what he wants... while his initial posting was very clear and accurate.

He even started excusing himself for other people getting him wrong... while he was right from the start

btw, I like those lobster things too... but I like my Turbo wheels even more
I never got it though why a lot of heavily equipped S's have the Carrera Classic wheels as an option, people actually prefer those over anything else?
Haha, well I'm glad it was somewhat understood what I was asking for.

I agree the turbo wheels look great on the car. I've seen a cars driving around that have them, and they look so clean. Somehow I still perfer the look of the standard Carrera S (lobster) wheels though. And I'd love to get my hands on a set for my new car.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Dominique997SC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by D_Wahler
Haha, well I'm glad it was somewhat understood what I was asking for.

I agree the turbo wheels look great on the car. I've seen a cars driving around that have them, and they look so clean. Somehow I still perfer the look of the standard Carrera S (lobster) wheels though. And I'd love to get my hands on a set for my new car.
You couldn't have stated your desire any more clear.

Good luck on the swap, I'm sure someone will be happy enough to trade their wheels... good thing not everyone has the same taste or you would be stuck

Old 04-30-2008, 11:17 PM
shooterguy is infamous around these parts
Swap

If it does not work out I have a set that I will trade. Send me a PM and we can work something out. I prefer the sport design. Mine have tires on them currently but the rears need to be replaced so I would be happy to ship (and save some money on shipping) to send them without tires.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by Dominique997SC
You couldn't have stated your desire any more clear.

Good luck on the swap, I'm sure someone will be happy enough to trade their wheels... good thing not everyone has the same taste or you would be stuck
Thank you very much.

Don't get me wrong, I think the wheels look great on the car. I've just always been a fan of five spoke wheels on most cars.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by shooterguy
If it does not work out I have a set that I will trade. Send me a PM and we can work something out. I prefer the sport design. Mine have tires on them currently but the rears need to be replaced so I would be happy to ship (and save some money on shipping) to send them without tires.
Thanks for your interest, I'll PM you if the gentleman in Houston decides he doesn't want to trade.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:48 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
I do have set of the wheels you looking for

Old 05-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Wink

Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
I do have set of the wheels you looking for
Excellent! I just PM'd you. Hopefully one of these deals works out. I'd love to get a set of Carrera S wheels on my car.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Meanwhile, if there's anyone out there who wants a set of Lobster Forks, I've got a set that I'll sell you (and ship) for cheal. Need to reclaim garage space, so let me know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carrera S Wheel Trade