997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Software a must with high flow cats and mufflers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Robin@Revo
Ron--

We apologize for the delay in updating our flash to the new software level Porsche has implemented. Rest assured that the new software in no way affects the performance of your car, and at any time you could have returned to your Revo dealer to get your previous software reloaded, free of charge.

If you were to simply reload the software with your Softronic cable, you would be simply overwriting the new Porsche software with the old version that Softronic supplied you.

When Porsche (or Audi/VW, for that matter) releases a new update, its an immense amount of work to first acquire the new files, then implement those changes into our software and deliver a tested, ready for release product to our network of 100+ dealers.

We have just developed an in-house tool that allows us to acquire the new software directly from the cars, rather than wait for Porsche to supply update CDs. This will greatly speed the process in the future.

Again, I apologize for the delay and please let me know if you need anything further.
I would just like to chime in since Softronic was mentioned otherwise I would not. My name is Scott SLauson as many of you are familiar with from the PCA and my years with Porsche and various Porsche articles etc.

Softronic has all Porsche updates and files as they are released. As an example we will have the 2009 MY cars binary before they hit the port and all updates first.
All of our customers are furnished with the latest tune made on that specific file and all our updates are free. We even offer transfers for life. Basically buy a file now and then you sell your Porsche, no worries. Transfer it to the new car. Softronic is about the people.

Best Regards

Last edited by Softronic; 05-09-2008 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Error