997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

MObridge Bluetooth Ipod Install and Impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 05:07 AM
Clean Livin is infamous around these parts
Update on mObridge satisfaction factor?

Greetings,

Last week I purchased a 2008 C2S Cab and want to have IPOD and BT access added. Was reading this thread and noted it had not been updated in a couple of months.

Asking that folks who have installed this unit, or one they found to work better, please advise if the unit has continued to work as desired. What features have not been added that you wish were available.

Would also like to know who installed their own verse had a dealer install it. If you installed yourself, would you do it again or was it a real pain with risk of damage to you car.

Thanks,
Jack

Last edited by Clean Livin; 07-29-2008 at 07:22 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:35 PM
bobbyo is infamous around these parts
The mobridge unit is essentially flawless, and is totally intergrated with the pcm. I have not yet deactivated my cd changer so I get a system error every time I start my car that says it cannot find my cd changer, but once you push the right wheel button it goes away and has not been a problem. I am going to take care of it when I take my care in for 10,000 mile service. Other than that it works perfectly, and it is fairly easy to use. The BT is awesome. All of the phone buttons are functional. The mail button is also functional. Call the mobridge people to find a dealer/installer near you.

take care

bobbyo

Old 07-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Bobbyo,

Was this your first attempt at such an installation, or did you have prior experience in removing the PCM?

After having done it, would you do it again or feel it would be better to leave it to the dealership?

Special tools required to do the task?

Thanks,
Jack

Last edited by Clean Livin; 07-30-2008 at 04:03 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:29 PM
bobbyo is infamous around these parts
I would only have a pro do the job. I was very apprehensive about someone else working on my car, but in the end it was painless. They did a perfect installation. I went to Cartunes in Atlanta. It was a bit of a drive, but well worth it.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Bobbyo,

Funny, about 2 months ago I moved my permanent home from Atlanta to Naples, FL. Love it down here and got tired of just "visiting". I'll check and see if we have a CarTunes down here.

Jack

Last edited by Clean Livin; 07-31-2008 at 04:26 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Former Vendor
mObridge is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up New Dealer Locator & Cartunes praise!

Originally Posted by Clean Livin
Bobbyo,

Funny, about 2 months ago I moved my permanent home from Atlanta to Naples, FL. Love it down here and got tired of just "visiting". I'll check and see if we have a CarTunes down here.

Jack
Though this thread goes back a few mos., there has been some progress.

Yes, we definitely agree Cartunes of Atlanta does a great job. They are a local shop though.

But there is a growing network of dealers/installers in Florida, all of whom have been carefully selected and with whom we've worked closely to make sure they are completely in sync with install procedures and taking care of the details that can be the 'gotchas' of any integration installation.

There is now a new dealer locator on the lefthand side of the site (www.mobridge-usa.com)