997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

APR Tuning/EMCS reprograms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 06:30 AM
trensing is infamous around these parts
APR Tuning/EMCS reprograms

I currently have an 06 C4s with aerokit, has anyone upgraded performance with EMCS reprogram, anyone have experience with the APR reprogram or any other reprograms to maximise HP/TQ . Tom: note I am new to this forum, I did search and nothing came up, if this has been discussed before I appologize, just point me in the righ direction.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:38 AM
dndodd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by trensing
I currently have an 06 C4s with aerokit, has anyone upgraded performance with EMCS reprogram, anyone have experience with the APR reprogram or any other reprograms to maximise HP/TQ . Tom: note I am new to this forum, I did search and nothing came up, if this has been discussed before I appologize, just point me in the righ direction.
I have APR on my car. Questions?

Old 05-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by dndodd
I have APR on my car. Questions?
Did the APR EMCS work as well as their web site shows, 30 hp / 22 fp gains with just the emcs work, you also had several other mods what type of gains on those as well? Thanks Tom

Old 05-18-2008, 03:03 PM
I think most mfg of after market parts overstate their claims. Though their site doesn't say it, their reps have, that is with a complete exhaust system that you could expect those kind of gains and changing the Air Filter to a BMC.

With the software alone expect 10-15 HP, less to no hesitation on initial throttle, and your power band starting much earlier in the power band. The stock car is fairly docile from 2-4500 my car just goes and keeps going all the way to redline.

IMO Porsche purposely detunes these cars a little for the average driver.

As far as the different software that is available. It is my opinion they all do about the same thing, their is only so much that can be done.

One advantage of APR is the different programs that are available like for us on the east coast 93 Octane in addition APR has a security feature. Other vendors claim this is not needed in their version, I am not an engineer and I have never seen a back to back comparison.

I had APR put their software on my A3 and loved it, then the Porsche.

The mods I did all worked well the software just pulled it all together. I am very satisfied with all my mods and how the car runs.

Very strong linear throttle. I have not had it on a dyno, but I am confident it is at least as quick as an x-51 probably quicker.

Old 05-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the info, I am going to try the APR. Tom

Old 05-19-2008, 12:09 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I am a fan of APR, and I would buy there software again, however I think that I will try the softtronic software on my 997S.

Do a search and the feedback is very positive.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:15 PM
I agree that the feedback on the softronic has been very positive, but it has been positive on, REVO, GIAC, FVD, etc too.

I am not bashing softronic at all.

Again as I stated earlier I think they all do about the same thing.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:41 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
One advantage that Softtronic has is it adjusts to the Octaine Level in the gas automatically. I usually put 94 Octaine in my car, but I when I go to Washington State, i can only find 91.

I had a 91 GIAC flash on my first 997, I didn't notice it one bit over the stock. APR on my Allroad is awesome, but it is a turbo charged car. Softronic gives me a money back guarantee, I don't like it, I don't pay for it. I am just waiting to do a before and after dyno testing with two others.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Many of the software tuners including APR and Revo have a free trial period.

Let us know the results of your tests.

Like you I am very happy with the APR on my Turbo A3 which as we both know is easier to bump up then a NA car.

I went with what I new which was APR and I was not disappointed.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:09 PM
That is good to know that APR has made you happy, I have had three of their flashes in the past

Old 05-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
I have been reading your post guys and as an APR dealer I know quite a bit about their software and some of things that seperate themselves from the rest of pack is that you get several programs with your purchase such as 91 or 93 depending on what you have available, you also get a stock program, 100 or 104 octane program and fault code erase/ throttle body alignment which allows you to realign your throttle body after such mods as the plenum, intake, or driving conditions. The fault code erase allows you to clear out any false check engine lights that may pop (not caused by the software). The software will not cause any CEL to come on. You can also lock out the software or even lock out your vehicle give someone else the key and they won't be able to start it with their security/anti theft feature.

AND THE BEST PART IS THAT YOU CAN SWITCH BETWEEN ALL THESE OPTIONS BY USING JUST YOUR CRUISE CONTROL SWITCH. NO EXTRA CABLE OR COMPUTER TO BUY.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
I have been reading your post guys and as an APR dealer I know quite a bit about their software and some of things that seperate themselves from the rest of pack is that you get several programs with your purchase such as 91 or 93 depending on what you have available, you also get a stock program, 100 or 104 octane program and fault code erase/ throttle body alignment which allows you to realign your throttle body after such mods as the plenum, intake, or driving conditions. The fault code erase allows you to clear out any false check engine lights that may pop (not caused by the software). The software will not cause any CEL to come on. You can also lock out the software or even lock out your vehicle give someone else the key and they won't be able to start it with their security/anti theft feature.

AND THE BEST PART IS THAT YOU CAN SWITCH BETWEEN ALL THESE OPTIONS BY USING JUST YOUR CRUISE CONTROL SWITCH. NO EXTRA CABLE OR COMPUTER TO BUY.
Yes, I am well aware of the APR advantages. I have the multiprogram chip on my Allroad, and I never change it from 93. I think the world of APR and have an excellent Customer Service experience with Greg Custer. I am going to try Softronic and see what there product is all about, otherwise it is APR all the way.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Ilias4s is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Yes, I am well aware of the APR advantages. I have the multiprogram chip on my Allroad, and I never change it from 93. I think the world of APR and have an excellent Customer Service experience with Greg Custer. I am going to try Softronic and see what there product is all about, otherwise it is APR all the way.
Have you test the softronic it is good or not because i am thinking to put a program and i dont now witch one to install.

Old 05-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Ilias4s
Have you test the softronic it is good or not because i am thinking to put a program and i dont now witch one to install.
I don't have any flash, not 100% convinced that it will do much on a NA car.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
I can offer a 30 day money back guarantee on any APR Flash. If you don't like it I will give you a complete refund minus the shipping for customers who are not local to us.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.