997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Just droped my car off at VF-Engineering for SC kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 05:19 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 1carnut
I have one of their kits in my car, it has been about a 1000 miles so far, and I love it. I am very interested in this upgrade. I assume it would just be a reprogramming of the ECU.

It's probably just a smaller pulley install. I am not an expert, but the injectors appear to be more than capable of supporting more hp based on my a/f numbers. The question is, can the engine support it safely? I believe 1999 is the only person on here running more boost with the EVOMS kit, but he is somewhat secretive about his mods and hp levels My car runs around 5psi, depending on the weather. Give or take .3 psi.

Old 05-26-2008, 05:38 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
How did you measure the boost pressure?

Old 05-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
anyone know what the next pulley bump in psi? 7...8 psi?

Old 05-26-2008, 07:22 PM
ty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by doughsun
We dropped off our 645Ci back in 2004 as part of the sponsorship package. They used our car at bimmerfest and put a proto hardware in there. VF had the car for over 10 months and nothing was ever done. It's 4 years later now and they still have never delivered a product... Hope you have better luck....
Personally, I would never-ever work with Nik at VF again...
I have the same thought! Never hear of VF make superchager on 997?
I see on 6speed member 90% is EVOMS kit, does any one have VF SC on his 997?
Also mark911997sC did you check with VF does this SC with past California smog II test, I see you live in CA? I know 2 year ago I try to intall SC on my 997 C2S, I check with EVOMS & Ruf both told me their system wouldn't past CA smog II test? If so How you going to get your P-car past smog, I would like to know? I alway want to install a SC in my P-car too?

Old 05-26-2008, 07:26 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Whats the cost of the SC kit out the door??? parts, install, tune, etc???

I am tired of these stupid Turbos!!!!!

Old 05-26-2008, 07:29 PM
MrBonus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Whats the cost of the SC kit out the door??? parts, install, tune, etc???

I am tired of these stupid Turbos!!!!!
You don't need it. Your car is perfect as it is.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:32 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrBonus
You don't need it. Your car is perfect as it is.
Shhhhhhhh....you guys werent supposed to see me over here poking around the SC thread

And i know i know - leave it alone - but a 500rwhp 997S would be kinda cool! Stupid SRT8 gave me a complex!

Old 05-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ty328
Also mark911997sC did you check with VF does this SC with past California smog II test, I see you live in CA? I know 2 year ago I try to intall SC on my 997 C2S, I check with EVOMS & Ruf both told me their system wouldn't past CA smog II test? If so How you going to get your P-car past smog, I would like to know? I alway want to install a SC in my P-car too?
Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Every kit you have seen has been a VF kit, that is the kit that EVOMS was selling. EVOMS never developed a supercharger.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:50 AM
hjacobs2000 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ty328
VF Engineered the Kit and GIAC along with EVOMS created and tuned the software respectively . EVOMS had exclusive selling privelages and set up a distribution network of authorized dealers to sell the SC
Now for whatever reason, VF took over the distributution.

On a side note my kit has both the VF and EVOMS stamp

Last edited by hjacobs2000; 05-27-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:43 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hjacobs2000
VF Engineered the Kit and GIAC along with EVOMS created and tuned the software respectively . EVOMS had exclusive selling privelages and set up a distribution network of authorized dealers to sell the SC
Now for wahtever reason, VF took over the distributution.

On a side note my kit has both the VF and EVOMS stamp
What he said

Old 05-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by 2006997C4SCab
How did you measure the boost pressure?
Boost guage

Old 05-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
nice! but I my car is not a rat lab!
I would never let my car for "test" a new proyect!

just my opinion....

Old 05-27-2008, 11:11 AM
hidesert is infamous around these parts
Before I bought my sc'd 997S, I spoke with a number of owners of similarly equipped cars and did a bunch of searching here and on Rennlist. There were a few horror stories, for sure. On the other hand, there were many very happy owners, and I felt confident enough about my particular car and its' set-up to pull the trigger.
Being first can be a problem, however, this isn't a new product, and the application isn't that different from what has been done successfully many times to date.
Mark, what exactly are they working on changing in the current set-up from the earlier one?

Old 05-27-2008, 11:16 AM
The horror stories generally result from improper install. I don't think anyone with a competent shop has had any such major issues.

I seriously doubt the kit will be much different from what Evo has been offering. Maybe a slightly smaller pulley for more boost. What more could they do to it? Not to mention they're the ones that co-designed and manufactured the kit in the first place. It'll probably be just repackaged with Evo's name removed.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by hidesert
Before I bought my sc'd 997S, I spoke with a number of owners of similarly equipped cars and did a bunch of searching here and on Rennlist. There were a few horror stories, for sure. On the other hand, there were many very happy owners, and I felt confident enough about my particular car and its' set-up to pull the trigger.
Being first can be a problem, however, this isn't a new product, and the application isn't that different from what has been done successfully many times to date.
Mark, what exactly are they working on changing in the current set-up from the earlier one?
mine was a horror story with Evoms!
I only can say Good luck! and enjoy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just droped my car off at VF-Engineering for SC kit