997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Just droped my car off at VF-Engineering for SC kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 12:31 PM
mark911997sC is infamous around these parts
I totally agree with your opinion. But since many others have already had the Evoms/VF kit installed, it's not really a totally new project. Vf is only doing a reflash of the ECU to increase the boost by 0.5 p.s.i. for slighty more power. Nik also said that they are using my car to create a new installation manual for all their dealers. Maybe they had a lot of installation errors from the old manual. I had to remove my exhaust system and evo intake because vf wanted stock specs to tune the ecu. Just bought the intake too. When I re install the exhaust I could probably re flash for the increase in air flow. Although I don't know if I really need to. How much HP increase would I be able to gain? I also volunteered my car so Vf could hopefully gain Carb approval so everyone who has the Sc can someday get it to pass smog.

Originally Posted by Paris_CarreraS
nice! but I my car is not a rat lab!
I would never let my car for "test" a new proyect!

just my opinion....

Last edited by mark911997sC; 05-27-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:38 PM
hjacobs2000 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Paris_CarreraS
mine was a horror story with Evoms!
I only can say Good luck! and enjoy!
Paris

I remember in detail following your thread with all the problems you had with EVOMS and your actual install(er). Maybe that is why VF took over the distribution ... who knows. All I can say is my supercharged 997s drives great with 5000 plus miles on it. I probably never disclosed this in any of my responses to this point, but the original installation was screwed up my a local installer as well. My fix was done my EVOMS and they actually paid to have my 997S trucked from my house in south east Florida to and from their shop in Tempe to fix it completely on their dime. Apparently, the mechanical part of the installation was done correctly, but the GIAC load to my ECU did not work at all.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:04 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hjacobs2000
Paris

I remember in detail following your thread with all the problems you had with EVOMS and your actual install(er). Maybe that is why VF took over the distribution ... who knows. All I can say is my supercharged 997s drives great with 5000 plus miles on it. I probably never disclosed this in any of my responses to this point, but the original installation was screwed up my a local installer as well. My fix was done my EVOMS and they actually paid to have my 997S trucked from my house in south east Florida to and from their shop in Tempe to fix it completely on their dime. Apparently, the mechanical part of the installation was done correctly, but the GIAC load to my ECU did not work at all.
Thats what i call good customer service, well done by EVOMS...good to hear that there are still some companies out there that will go the extra mile for their customers.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Air23h20 is infamous around these parts
mark911997sC,
Where is your car in the process? Are you getting weekly updates? How is the customer service and relations?

Old 05-30-2008, 06:34 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
>>>Vf is only doing a reflash of the ECU to increase the boost by 0.5 p.s.i. for slighty more power. >>>

I don't see how a reflash of the ECU will increase boost any. Boost is controlled mechanically by the belt and pulley. It either needs a smaller pulley installed or you need an increase in the blade pitch. (Current system is fixed blades)

Old 05-31-2008, 02:53 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2006997C4SCab
>>>Vf is only doing a reflash of the ECU to increase the boost by 0.5 p.s.i. for slighty more power. >>>

I don't see how a reflash of the ECU will increase boost any. Boost is controlled mechanically by the belt and pulley. It either needs a smaller pulley installed or you need an increase in the blade pitch. (Current system is fixed blades)
Exactly right...

Old 06-02-2008, 01:35 PM
I just sent an email to nik at vf for more details of the boost increase. Spoke with Sean at VF, I got an update on the car last week, one of my coils went bad and was replaced. There still getting some baseline tests before they install the Sc. They said they would run it through the computer to check any engine/sensor faults before the install. I want to make sure the motor is ok before I install and lose my factory warranty. I've got about 17000 miles and have done all the services at my dealer, so the motor should be fine. It drove good with no problems before the supercharger, so it should be good. As soon as I get the baseline dyno numbers I could get an idea of the condition of the motor. I spoke with the owner of a an evoms sc 996 at the rss dyno day. He had over 30k miles with the Sc and said no problems so far. VF had 2 extra days off for Memorial day so not that much was done I guess. As soon as I get any more updates i'll post.

Originally Posted by 2006997C4SCab

Old 06-02-2008, 01:41 PM
I haven't been calling too much too check the status. Customer service has been very good so far. You can call them and ask questions anytime. I don't like to bother them too much. Don't want be a noob asking the experts dumb questions. When I dropped the car off they had at least 15 cars they were working on. They were really busy. I hope they don't take too much longer. Was quoted 3 weeks .

Originally Posted by Air23h20
mark911997sC,
Where is your car in the process? Are you getting weekly updates? How is the customer service and relations?

Old 06-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Just got an email from vf. The increase in boost will be from a new pulley, not from the software.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:58 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
That means the SC will spin faster and thus produce more boost for a given RPM.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
How much are they increasing the boost by? A 997 S with the same amount of boost as the 996's are running ( 6 psi ) will be a badass car. Should be in the 480rwhp range or so...

Old 06-03-2008, 05:10 PM
I just got a video of the baseline dyno testing. They will be installing a slightly smaller pulley for an increase of 1 psi. Can't wait

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYE_HCLhcPo

Old 06-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Here's the plot of the baseline run for my car. Now we can see how much the new sc kit will add when it is installed. 295 rwhp not too bad

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	baseline.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	71031  

Last edited by mark911997sC; 06-03-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Banned
This is a standard 997 not an S? Are they not raising the boost on the S?

Old 06-04-2008, 05:30 AM
hjacobs2000 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CURI0
This is a standard 997 not an S? Are they not raising the boost on the S?
They are probably going to do the 997 first and work out the bugs before proceeding to the 997S

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just droped my car off at VF-Engineering for SC kit