997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Free Softronic Software

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 08:27 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
you guys are good writers congrats for the three I know it's not me

Old 05-28-2008, 08:43 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Besides all the great features previously mentioned and the advantage of making it 'user' friendly, "I think Softronic ECU Software is the best in this 997 thread" . . . . because they're offering this powerful package for free.

This way I can use my 'Economic Stimuless Refund' for something really important like food or clothing for my kids.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:12 AM
dan_997 is infamous around these parts
Softronic - Trusted, Leading Edge, Comprehensive, Complete

Old 05-28-2008, 09:24 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Reasons to choose Softronic (some reasons are suggestions as to what I think would make Softronic appealing to consumers):

-90-Day Money Back Guarantee: (suggestion)
We bear all the responsibility no matter what, so you don't have to risk anything when shopping with us. If our software isn't everything that you hoped it to be, just ask for your money back. It's that simple!

Friendly, Expert Technical Support by Real People:
We really care about our software. If you run into any problems you can count on us doing anything and everything we can to help you resolve it.

Easy to Install:
Installing our software is simple and really fast. All our software comes with installation wizards that guide you through the process. It also includes all hardware to seamlessly connect to the cars ECU to change software on the fly.

Quality Software:
Our product works! It is professionally designed and tested. You can be sure our software will deliver.

Easy to use:
Designed with the end user in mind, anybody can use our software without any special training or technical knowledge.

Fast Installation and De-installation:
Our current Flash Client can read and write an entire automotive control unit complete, in less time than all other tuning or factory automotive software systems. What does this translate into time? Less than 5 minutes and as fast as 1 minute total time. It is just as fast to de-install the software and return the DME to native specifications.

Online Documentation: (suggestion)
We provide in depth, easy to follow, online documentation which takes you step by step through the process of installing and using our software so you can take full advantage of all the features.

Secure Ordering, Quick Delivery: (suggestion)
We use the most advanced technology available to ensure your personal information is kept secure and we always accept orders by phone. We send your Product ID via email so you can download your software as soon as your order is processed.

Privacy Policy:
Rest assured we keep your personal information secure and offline for maximum security. We will never sell, trade, or rent your personal information to anyone, ever.

Last edited by ///MJFDDS; 05-28-2008 at 10:17 AM. Reason: change
Old 05-28-2008, 09:30 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
1) Softronic offers a great product and great customer service - already expounded on by many others.
2) Scott's a former Marine
3) through 5) - see 2) above.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Because

Softronic is the best because, not only does it make your car better, but it's the easiest to install, and the Softronics people provide the best support.
None of Softronics competitors come close.
Mr. B

Old 05-28-2008, 11:23 AM
surfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura aboutsurfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura about
Has Softronic ever been done on a X51?

Old 05-28-2008, 03:16 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
[quote=Softronic;1869933]Softronic will give away 3 flashes with cable and Durametric software to the best 3 responses as to why you think Softronic is the best in this 997 thread. All entrants will also receive a Bonus should they not win and wish to purchase a Softronic product.

Best,
Softronic

I have Durametric software and the cable. Do you have a demo flash so i can try the software?

Old 05-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by surfingbuddhist
Has Softronic ever been done on a X51?

Yes it has, Softronic was also the first company worldwide to offer the first true engine conversion software for the Cayman or Boxster to use the 3.8S or X51 Engines. This was done even before the US release. These conversions were and still have the highest HP and torque outputs.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
[quote=lardog;1871495I have Durametric software and the cable. Do you have a demo flash so i can try the software?[/quote]

Softronic does not offer demos or time expiring free trials. The reason being is that any time measured free trial software alters your DME permanently and it cant be corrected unless flashed completely. This normally could only be corrected by the Dealer in which would index the programming by 1 or by us. Basically if you had some free trial software and did not buy it your DME would be still altered if check 1 day, year or anytime there after.

What Softronic sells is a Tuned file and and a 100% Original file . When you change between these files they will completely be rewritten so they are totally correct bit for bit. All other switchable tunes are altered and would fail in a binary comparison even if switched to stock.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:59 PM
MCLC26 is infamous around these parts
After using GIAC for about a year, I decided to try out the Softronic software after a very enthusiastic recommendation from my brother in law who has been running it in his Cayman S. I just installed the Softronic software a little over a week ago, which couldn't have been an easier DIY job - took about 5 minutes to complete. Cautiously optimistic, and after running GIAC, I wasn't expecting to witness a major difference...Boy, was I wrong. I immediately noticed a major change in the car, almost as if I was driving someone else's Porsche...Throttle response has improved greatly, but is not jerky or overbearing - just perfect! The car pulls much harder and consistently through the RPM range. It is by far, one of the best (and least expensive) mods I've done to the car. Overall, I have been enjoying my car so much more since adding the Softronic - couldn't be more pleased...

Although a few will be lucky enough to get it for free - for those that don't, it is money well spent.

Good luck guys...

Old 05-28-2008, 06:18 PM
hidesert is infamous around these parts
Bravo

I guess that I can't take advantage of this offer (EVOMS sc installed), but just want to say "Bravo" to Softronic for conducting such a positive ad campaign! I have only heard good things about you guys, and this kind of generosity only adds to the buzz and cements your reputation among us enthusiasts.
Congrats in advance to the winners!

Old 05-28-2008, 07:43 PM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
Help me understand...

why Porsche would not have incorporated these same upgrades through computer reprogramming from the factory if (a) the performance and driving experience is that noticeably improved, and (b) it would seem to be a 'no cost' add for them when building the car - meaning there are no needed engine internal upgrades, but rather just a 'flash' of the stock computer?. Porsche R&D certainly does not suffer from $$ or talent. The notion of aftermarket tuners always claiming to have found miraculous horsepower and performance in air-filters to computers that world-class companies like Porsche don't seem to offer just makes me skeptical. As I began this post, please help me understand. P.S. Are the improvements that softronics is marketing only noticeable with a modified car, or will they be evident as well in an otherwise stock unit? Thanks!

Old 05-28-2008, 08:07 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
How about these reasons.

1.The website is terrific and supplies all the information needed to make a rational decision.

2.The feedback from the forum members all seem extremely positive, even the ones on this thread.

3. Softronic themselves will be the fair and impartial judges for their contest and how could they be wrong.(just kidding)

When reading through all this info, here and on Softronics site, the research and product development of this software and it's ability to revert back to the original system is second to none. This team seems to have done their work and it shows.

Good luck to all.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:27 PM
MCLC26 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tssci
why Porsche would not have incorporated these same upgrades through computer reprogramming from the factory if (a) the performance and driving experience is that noticeably improved, and (b) it would seem to be a 'no cost' add for them when building the car - meaning there are no needed engine internal upgrades, but rather just a 'flash' of the stock computer?. Porsche R&D certainly does not suffer from $$ or talent. The notion of aftermarket tuners always claiming to have found miraculous horsepower and performance in air-filters to computers that world-class companies like Porsche don't seem to offer just makes me skeptical. As I began this post, please help me understand. P.S. Are the improvements that softronics is marketing only noticeable with a modified car, or will they be evident as well in an otherwise stock unit? Thanks!
Funny you should bring that up. That was the exact point I brought up when I first drove my car after I installed it...This is how the car should have come from the factory - it's not like they have to produce a physical product, it's only software.

Unfortunately, it's more complicated than that. There are marketing/profit based motivations at play at Porsche. They have to keep a certain performance distance between each iteration of their 'product' lineup to ensure sales of all their various models. Think about this - if they unleashed some additional power in the Cayman series, which would not be difficult nor costly, how would that affect 911 sales? If they keep each car at different performance levels, by 'restricting' them, and maintaining different price points for each model, it keeps a nice order for them in their lineup. They can also bring in more $$ by offering performance upgrades to the models (which should have been there in the first place)...I'm sure there are some other variables at play here, but I think the 'profit motive' is a big factor here. I'd love to see the car that they could produce that was solely designed by their engineers, with no input from the marketing guys and the bean counters...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.