997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Free Softronic Software

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 03:32 AM
DennisVR is infamous around these parts
I got a few questions:

- Will my stock 997s benefit from this software ?
- What are the performance benefits to be expected on a stock 997s ?
- Are there any negative sideeffects ? Fuel consumption, Engine lifetime, ... ?
- Where can i order this ?

Old 05-29-2008, 03:41 AM
DennisVR is infamous around these parts
Ok, found some of the answers myself:
for a stock 997S:
389hp
330torque

nice!

Old 05-29-2008, 09:09 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tssci
why Porsche would not have incorporated these same upgrades through computer reprogramming from the factory if (a) the performance and driving experience is that noticeably improved, and (b) it would seem to be a 'no cost' add for them when building the car - meaning there are no needed engine internal upgrades, but rather just a 'flash' of the stock computer?. Porsche R&D certainly does not suffer from $$ or talent. The notion of aftermarket tuners always claiming to have found miraculous horsepower and performance in air-filters to computers that world-class companies like Porsche don't seem to offer just makes me skeptical. As I began this post, please help me understand. P.S. Are the improvements that softronics is marketing only noticeable with a modified car, or will they be evident as well in an otherwise stock unit? Thanks!
I can understand your skeptic thoughts but take into consideration that tuning cars for better performance has been going on since cars 1st hit the road. Car companies have to design a car to meet many regulations, fuel types and drivers for all over the world. The stock tuning is a compromise.

Car companies also leave power behind so that they can make power upgrades on the same engine throughout it's sales cycle. Softtronic has tuned the ECU/DME for for a more sporty feel to the car.

Softtronic has a money back offer too. So far on this and many other boards and from my local Porsche independant service center I have not heard 1 bad thing about Softtronic. And remember Softronic is the only ecu/dme upgrade that you can actually return back to stock!

Old 05-29-2008, 03:52 PM
surfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura aboutsurfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Softronic
Yes it has, Softronic was also the first company worldwide to offer the first true engine conversion software for the Cayman or Boxster to use the 3.8S or X51 Engines. This was done even before the US release. These conversions were and still have the highest HP and torque outputs.
I don't see any numbers for hp/tq for the X51 software on your site. What numbers should I expect to see if I installed this on my X51? Thanks.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Wow , There are many great posts !!!! The 997 crew is really getting them in. The contest will end May 31 at 12 pm so get your thoughts in if you would like to win a FREE flash with the Diagnostic software.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:36 AM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
In looking at the softronics website, I only saw the upgraded HP and torque figures - no performance measures, i.e. 0-60, 1/4 mile times, 60-100 times, etc. as to how they compare to the stock times. Have they - or anyone else - done some real work tests, dyno before/after runs?

Old 05-30-2008, 06:13 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
I have a few ?'s
How many times can you flash it?
Should you do all your upgrades and then install it?
How much is the charge for each flash?

I am sure I will be buying one because I dont win contests, period.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:31 AM
lon5491 is infamous around these parts
I think softronic is the best simply because it's simple. They've done all the work, R & D, & presented a package that is affordable and can be utilized by a layman. The best part is the ability to reverse the process in the event of service, warranty work or a leased vehicle, yet be able to utilize the program to enhance the vehicle's resale value on a purchase/sale basis.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:55 AM
B-moreBroker is infamous around these parts
I HIGHLY recommend Softronic software.... I, too, had the GIAC software installed prior to Softronic and the Softronic software blows it out of the water... another benefit that has not been mentioned is that Scott can have sport mode turned "on" even if the sport button in the car is not functional due to aftermarket coilovers that do not support PASM...

Don't forget that the Softronic software also allows your engine to benefit from running fuels that are over 93 octane... I run 104 at the track and I believe I got a 15-20hp gain over 93 on the dyno!

Old 05-30-2008, 08:56 AM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
Just thought of another question...the HP and torque improvements being advertised by softronics (i.e. for the 997S) would seem to achieve almost the identical gains for $895.00 that the X-51 package promises $16K as I recall!! The X-51 package adds upgraded engine internals as I recall - so the question is an obvious one: Do they really deliver the SAME performance for a $15K difference, and if so, are both equally reliable upgrades. Comments from X-51 owners, softronics reps, and anyone else would be appreciated. I admit that the whole notion of tuning a car with a laptop is beyond me (shows my age), and I'm old enough too to be cautious and skeptical. Lastly, I have a 2008 Turbo on order (also had a 2007 Turbo but sold it to chase other automotive fantasies), but the 997 C4S I picked up in the interim seems to deliver great power and I'm struggling with the notion of having to come up with $45K more for the Turbo or hooking up a laptop for some additional power (certainly less than the Turbo, but still an upgrade)

Old 05-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
My submission

Softronics is the best,
Much better than the rest.

You think your car is quick.
With Softronics it’ll kick

Don’t remove the ECU
It’s a download you can do

Install it right away
Don’t wait another day

You think your Porsche is hot?
Before Softronics it’s not
Download it and you’ll see
Your car will fly and flee.

==============================
Mr. B

Old 05-31-2008, 08:58 AM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
On a 997 where do you see the most difference? low mid or hi?

Old 05-31-2008, 10:55 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Mr. B
Softronics is the best,
Much better than the rest.

You think your car is quick.
With Softronics it’ll kick

Don’t remove the ECU
It’s a download you can do

Install it right away
Don’t wait another day

You think your Porsche is hot?
Before Softronics it’s not
Download it and you’ll see
Your car will fly and flee.

==============================
Mr. B

That's good.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:10 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Spoke with a few guys at the track today (Sebrig) that have 997S, BoxsterS and CaymanS cars and my car could really use some help with a ECU re-program. Couple of guys from Renn Haus in Sarasota use Softronic and it really works well.

I have posted already a lot about what I have learned about Softronic but the 2 big reasons I would get this software upgrade for my car is I can install it myself and return it back to stock at any time I need and it just really works.

I've got my fingers crossed!

Old 05-31-2008, 06:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Winners Will be Posted June 1

Softronic will post the Winners tomorrow June 1. We have been very busy checking binary from PCA Racing today. I would like to say that all the posts were great just want to remind people that there will be 3 Winners. Unfortunately everyone will not get the software for Free.

Last edited by Softronic; 05-31-2008 at 06:35 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.