997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Free Softronic Software

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 07:56 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
still waiting for results???????????

Old 06-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Me too

Originally Posted by jjc4scab
still waiting for results???????????
Me too.

In fact, I'm still waiting for the Softronic tuned file.
Mr. B

Old 06-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mr. B
Me too.

In fact, I'm still waiting for the Softronic tuned file.
Mr. B

I would suggest that you check your spam folder since it was sent an hour after you read the car out. Should you still not be able to find it then I can re send it. This would have been Friday the 13th.

Best,
Scott

Old 06-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
??

Originally Posted by Softronic
I would suggest that you check your spam folder since it was sent an hour after you read the car out. Should you still not be able to find it then I can re send it. This would have been Friday the 13th.
Best,
Scott
Scott,
Then I must have inadvertently deleted it, and I apologize for that.
PLEASE re-send. Is this a file that will be attached to an email? If so, I assume that my laptop can download the file with necessarily being connected to the Internet??
TIA,
Mr. B

Old 06-17-2008, 11:28 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I did 2 track days with the Softronic tuned file for my car. I noticed a little more pep and crispness in the midrange of the car. My lap times at Sebring have always been around 2:35-36 and they are still there but I was doing a lot more 35's but also I had some coaching and am going faster in certain turns. I did notice the fans running a lot more and my mufflers and exhaust tips turned a little white but it seems to have washed off.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:01 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
So did I win?

Guess not.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:05 AM
Whirlinturbin is infamous around these parts
Mdrums...how does it feel on the street? Is it a strong, pronounced seat-of-the pants feel, or is it rather subtle? I'm looking for a real kick in the britches...

Old 06-18-2008, 01:10 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Whirlinturbin
Mdrums...how does it feel on the street? Is it a strong, pronounced seat-of-the pants feel, or is it rather subtle? I'm looking for a real kick in the britches...
Real kick in the pants...get a supercharger or turbo installed or got get a GT3 or new Turbo car. The claimed 30+ hp/tq is not going to do that and I never went into this thinking it would. What the Softronic flash does though is make the car feel more crisp when you throttle in the mid range. No more flat spots! For example I can throttle steer better thru the apex in turn 3 at Sebring! The car feels great like it should feel for a stock car. I will say this...my stock car which is hindered by the longer gearing and heavy and slow Tiptronic transmission will stay right with other 997S cars with headers, 200 cel cats and free flowing mufflers.

I am happy I won this software and I am putting it to good use. I do not really hot rod it around on the street. I do not need any tickets or to possibly hit someone or someone not see me blazing by and have them pull out or run into me. I am pretty sedate on the street. I leave the high performance driving to the track where I can stretch my skills and learn and use the car to it's potential.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Whirlinturbin is infamous around these parts
Ok, I mean a 15-20% kick in the pants over stock. I thought I might be asking a bit too much of the software.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:07 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Contest is over.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.