997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Free Softronic Software

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Free Softronic Software

Softronic will give away 3 flashes with cable and Durametric software to the best 3 responses as to why you think Softronic is the best in this 997 thread. All entrants will also receive a Bonus should they not win and wish to purchase a Softronic product.

Best,
Softronic

The contest will end May 31 at 12PM EST. The results will be posted on this thread June 1 and the winners will be sent all materials by the next business day. The selected entrants shall not be employed or deemed as any dealer or seller of Softronic. All posts or submissions may be used by Softronic and will be judged at our own descretion..

Last edited by Softronic; 05-28-2008 at 04:43 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:45 PM
mass is infamous around these parts
What I know of softronic up to this point is that their software can be updated by the end user, which ensures that all updates by Porsche can be implemented in the software in an efficient and effective manner. It appears that they have access to the latest downloaded files, including MY 09 which has not yet been available for purchase in the US. Furthermore, their software is transferrable which equates to higher resale value upon sale of your Porsche. All posts I've read think highly of their customer service as well.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:58 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
These 6 facts are what would sell me on Softtronic.

1-Softtronic is the only software that will allow you to fully revert back to the original ECU program byte by byte...the stock program!

2-The consumer can flash there own car! Softronic has given the end user the complete freedom to upgrade their DME or also known as an ECU in a variety of ways, or to return their car to stock at any time.

3-The software is also transferable to the next owner.

4-Softtronic will have the 1st ecu re-program for the 2009 models due to Scott's work with Porsche racing.

5-Now as far as optimizing a flash Softronic already incorporates many features in its map. 1 example you would get the same flash if you had sport cats or not. The flash is already set to utilize or correct problems with either exhaust and maximize its efficiency for it without a CEL.

6- Scott, is on these forums to directly answer your questions...no other company does that with there ECU flash upgrades.

Last edited by mdrums; 05-27-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:05 PM
mark911997sC is infamous around these parts
Softronic will allow you to custom tune your dme to different variations at any time through any laptop pc. You can re-tune your ecu as you perform various upgrades such as mufflers, sport cats headers, plenum, intake, Sc kit, etc. You can also reflash to the stock setup for emissions testing.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
The 997 crew is defiantly on top of the game. This contest is also running separate on the Boxster/Cayman section and they have no responses yet.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:40 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Can I cut and paste and post there?

I have a white cayman too (if that helps).

Old 05-27-2008, 08:19 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
To be truly competitive in life you must see and know what the competition is doing. Subtonic has done exactly that. They have taken the art of engine tuning and brought it to the next level. Not only are they successful in their own right but they have many other believers as well as followers that are experts in the art of engine tuning that look to them for guidance. Partners and business colleges as well as clients that carry the Softronic programming software. Names like, Fabspeed Motorsport, Vivid Racing, Agency Power, Break Through Motorsports, JKC Racing, Startup Racing, Car Evolution, Superior HP, Tuning Garage, MTA Tuning, MP Racing, Roock Motorsports not to mention the names we hold near and dear to our hearts, Porsche Club of America and Cayman club.
These highly successful businesses and entities believe in this product for what it does for them as well as their clients.
What is it?
Softronic is an OBDII flash that individually tunes actual Lambda and timing tables. As stated it does so individually and that is Key. Global changes are not specific enough for optimizing the performance you and I want out of our high performance engines. Softronic does this by utilizing an extensive base map set to start with and then allowing the programs powerful software to modify and adjust the code as necessary for optimum performance gains. The software allows you to effectively be the programmer of your vehicle while at the same time allowing you to revert back to the GIAC code if you don’t like the new parameters set. The incredible part of all this is that is only takes minutes to make these changes and adjustments. This gives you more time to test drive and tweak your settings as necessary. As always and at anytime you can always flash back to the stock configuration.
The benefits:
  • Softronic does not require the removal of your ECU from the car. There is no down time at all.
  • Softronic reflashing is done via a Client Cable included in the price that is connected to the OBDII port. The customer simply plugs the cable into the car and reads the file with a laptop per the instructions with the cable. Once the file is downloaded, it is emailed to the Softronic secure server where the file is manipulated and then emailed back to the client. The client simply uploads the file and they are done. Total process is about 1 hour during normal business hours. Other accomondations can be made.
  • If the client is not comfortable with the simple process, he/she can send the ECU to us to have it bench flashed. The client cable will not be shipped.
  • Reflashing is done according to additional modifications (Intake, Headers, Exhaust) to enhance power gains.
  • Customer can upgrade to the Data Logging Client Cable which allows them to get real time data analysis with the Softronic Diagnostic Tool.
Softronic is a US company based in Connecticut with worldwide sales and manufacturing in automotive software and electronics.
Their software is proven, reliable and guaranteed. What more could you want?

Softronic simply is the best!

Last edited by WaltB; 05-27-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:45 PM
pcarr is infamous around these parts
can I say DITTO

actually, i would love to get softronic flash when I get all my act together and complete the mod!

Old 05-27-2008, 09:06 PM
florindi is infamous around these parts
I just purchased the Softronic software for my 997S.

1. I love the fact that I can go back to stock anytime I need to get the car serviced.
2. The performance increase is definitely felt and I am enjoying the new found midrange.
3. I investigated all the competitors and chose this great product for its adaptability and ease of flash.

I could write a book on all the technical aspects as others have posted, but I wanted to keep it simple.

Last edited by florindi; 05-28-2008 at 04:13 AM. Reason: format
Old 05-27-2008, 09:06 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
well I'm really bad in writing as english is my 2nd language but I'm thinking to get it because of these reasons

1) highly recommended by 6speed members who I ask them for most of the upgrades I do for my car

2) I can enjoy doing it by my self

3) can get back to OEM

4) transferable so I can have better resall value

5) haven't seen anyone dissapointed farther more a lot of members switch their ECU from other tuners to Softronic

6) good customer service

7) they are the only one offer 3 free flashes for 6speed members

Last edited by cayenne_ksa; 05-27-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:36 PM
johnsosn is infamous around these parts
Slightly off topic Scott,
Will the new plenum/software be available for the 997s soon?
Any update?
Regards

Old 05-28-2008, 01:08 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
-Reliable:No side effects or issues with Softronics software.
-Stand-Alone: No need for other mods to notice significant improvements.
- Seamless. Fully integrated kit includes a custom cable that connects the OBDII port to the USB port on a laptop that allows the owner to install and run the included Softronic software that will enable to install a variety of flashes available.
-Adaptable:These flashes are specific to your car on a stock basis. The flash is already set to utilize or correct problems with either stock or modified exhausts and maximizes its efficiency for it without a CEL.
- Evolve: Upgrades and Customized files are available as each individual car is modified more. Softronic Software can grow and adapt with your car's changes.
-Reversible: The only reliable software to give control to the owner to upgrade ECU in several ways or to simply return to stock. Softronic provides a stock ECU flash from the latest release by Porsche for your car to return the ECU to 100% stock form at any time.
-Convenient-Everything needed to effortlessly fine-tune your vehicle from home is included in one kit making it suitable and straightforward with complete control to the owner.
-No secrets, everything being tuned to the vehicle is now at the owner's full disclosure.
-Full support from resident 6speed member, Scott.

Last edited by v35; 05-28-2008 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:52 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
What does it do?

Originally Posted by Softronic
Softronic will give away 3 flashes with cable and Durametric software to the best 3 responses as to why you think Softronic is the best in this 997 thread. All entrants will also receive a Bonus should they not win and wish to purchase a Softronic product.
Best,
Softronic
The contest will end May 31 at 12PM EST. The results will be posted on this thread June 1 and the winners will be sent all materials by the next business day. The selected entrants shall not be employed or deemed as any dealer or seller of Softronic. All posts or submissions may be used by Softronic and will be judged at our own descretion..
What does the Softronic flash do? More HP??
Mr. B

Old 05-28-2008, 07:00 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mr. B
Mr. B
http://www.softronic.us/

Old 05-28-2008, 07:19 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mr. B
Mr. B
Just read what I posted and it will explain what the Softtronic upgrade to your ECU does.
My basic answer would be it fine tunes the fuel delivery and ignition timing for more power and better response from your car. On top of all that Softronic is perfectly safe to use and you can switch back to the stock settings at any time and most of all you can do this yourself at home with your computer. Sweet huh?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.