997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My best attempt at creating an all-around, dream car.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 02:15 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
My best attempt at creating an all-around, dream car.

Hey guys,

It’s been a long time! Since making the decision to jump into my 997S and GO FOR IT, I’ve been kind of orchestrating the whole thing from afar. I’ve been overseas since January and won’t be back until mid-July.

The point with this whole car was to see if I could make a real no compromise car in regards to street and track.

Here’s where we are right now.

SUSPENSION
• FOR THE TRACK: 18” HRE C93 Competition Series 3 piece wheels. Flat black powdercoat all over, lip, inner barrel, center, other than small red pinstripe on the outside. These are mounted with Dunlop Slicks
• FOR THE STREET, cruising: 20” Avus AF-MO2 3 piece wheels with color matched centers with Pirelli PZero Rossos.
• FOR THE STREET, hard driving: 19” Volk TE-37 lightweight monoblock wheels with Michelin Cups.
• GMG adjustable sway bars
• Moton Clubsport coilovers
• GMG race springs
• GMG rear ‘dog bones’
• Synergy Racing full monoball/solid mount conversion
• Synergy Racing camber plates
• GT3 adjustable lower control arms
• Set up and track shakedown by Synergy Racing

BRAKES
• Brembo 15” rotors/6 piston calipers, (front, not rear for the time being)
• Stainless lines
• Castrol SRF fluid
• Brembo race pads

INTERIOR
• GMG Roll bar
• Cobra Carbon Technology Race buckets. Carbon Fiber and Alcantara
• OMP 6 point harnesses
• OEM carbon shift ****
• OEM carbon center console
• STEREO
o Pioneer AVIC-N1 DVD/Navi/iPod
o JL Audio 1000/1 and 500/2 amps
o Two JL Audio 10” subs in cool custom box
o Focal “Yellow Series” 6.5” components in doors
• Rinspeed Race Pedals
• Traqmate GPS lap timing and analysis system with…
• … 2 integrated Chasecam cameras

EXTERIOR
• OEM GT3 front bumper conversion
• Silver grill screen inserts
• Cargraphic front chin spoiler in urethane
• Evolution Motorsports carbon mirrors
• GMG rear bumper. GT3 race carbon/Kevlar conversion with tow hook and no bumperettes. This, with Synergy Racing chromoly bumper ‘innards’ delete. Huge weight savings
• GMG decklid with carbon GT3RS wing
• Black exhaust tip in the center
• Clear corners
• Tinted windows

DRIVETRAIN
• Evolution Motorsports Supercharger System
• IPD Intake Plenum
• Fabspeed Exhaust Headers
• Synergy Race exhaust, center exit, cat delete
• Synergy Racing lightweight flywheel with race clutch
• Quaife Limited Slip Differential
• Porsche Short Throw Shifter
• Engine and trans removed and fully ‘gone through’ by Synergy Racing

TRANSPORT
• 2007.5 GMC 2500HD SLT (black too) Duramax 4WD (see avatar)
• 24’ Enclosed trailer (black too)

That’s it. I’ve put some pics on here. If you want my thoughts on anything, , just ask. I may or may not have it for you… but I’ll try! I'm still trying to figure out photos, because it's really hard here in Thailand. Some hosting sites say that Thailand is banned from posting things there, which sucks.

Won’t know for sure how well I’m doing on creating the ultimate ‘no-compromise’ compromise car. There’s pros and cons to just about everything on here. I’ve done the best I know to do at the current moment. Building, driving, and tracking this car will teach me a ton about the next one. What do you guys think? I’m also going to post this in the GT3 section, because many of my track friends are on there and I want to show them what I’m doing too.

Jared

Old 06-01-2008, 06:29 AM
Michael2364 is infamous around these parts
Sounds killer. Personally I would of picked up a turbo, gt3rs or a f430 for what you have invested in that beast. Good luck with your build. You will have serious fun with that thing.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:01 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Michael,

Few things. First of all, LOVE your sig and fully agree. Secondly, we have the same color cars, same year. Did you intend to spell Basalt the way you did? Curious (and totally not being a bASS). Thirdly, I never knew I'd get the bug, or I'd agree 100% with you. However, when I bought my car, there were no such things as 997 GT3RSs, even GT3s. I'm not interested in Turbos, which also weren't out. Just me, but I don't like the AWD feel. To each his own. It is a beast though, and definitely stouter on straights than an RS and now should handle as well/better too. But I'm just 29. I had rapid career growth. Never knew I'd be able to own a 911, let alone put this kind of money into one. With a crystal ball though, yeah, I'd prob go another route. BUT, that's based off of resale value only. My car is more modded and unique than most 'rebranded and retitled 911s. If I just keep it forever as my track car, and really learn it, I should have no excuses for being beat by another car that's a street car, at least from any car I've ever seen out there. Maybe the crazy Blue Devil Vettes that are going to come out... but the point remains. I'm stoked. It's totally mine, and I dig the ****e out of it. If you're ever in the area, you're more than welcome to a good ride on the track!

Old 06-01-2008, 07:05 AM
PHIL2 is infamous around these parts
PICS please!

Old 06-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
I second that.

Add pics.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:22 AM
OK. I found out that Photobucket isn't 'anti-Thai' so we're good. Please remember that I've been out of the country for 5 months now, and much work has been done that I don't have pics of. However, here's the best I can do right now.

So, here's a few shots of how the car looked when I dropped it off at Synergy this last time, before leaving for a 6 month round the world trip. I already had quite a good amount of mods at this time.

Here it is, however with my Cargraphic GT2 wing, instead of the RS carbon wing, and with the stock bumper witih carbon Cargraphic chin. These are my Avus 20s as well.

Here are the TE37s with the big Brembos.

Here's my setup at the track. Still with the Cargraphic wing, but now with GT3 nose. I don't have the carbon nose vent on in this pic. Will get that pic soon. Here, I'm tracking with the Volks and Cups. The HREs and Dunlops will be waiting on me when I get back to the States.

Here, I'm dropping it off at Synergy, where she still sits now.

These were my 'goodbye' shots.

Another interior shot. These seats are so sick, I'm telling ya. I highly recommend them.

These next pics have been sent me by Synergy since I've been gone.

The engine came out and has been gone through. The tranny is off getting worked over and the LSD installed, as well as the flywheel and clutch.

The shelf where the Motons (red) were waiting to be installed, and the Bilstiens (blue) were set when they came out.

Up in the air getting surgery...

More photos are coming from Synergy any day. They're really stoked about the install of the cans for the suspension on the cage. Here's the rear bumper. See the tow hook hole and lack of bumperettes.

I think it's gonna rock. Lightened the rear by 75lbs, I think I was told (including the bumper structure coming out). The bumper and deck lid are being sprayed right now. I'll have more pics soon, I'm told. These dudes rock, and are totally staying busy. I would camp out there if I could.

Here's the wheel that inspired my choice of track wheel. Mine are C93s, and will have the red line instead of green. But I think they'll be cool for the track. Something different.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:30 AM
B-moreBroker is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by blakt out
Thirdly, I never knew I'd get the bug, or I'd agree 100% with you. However, when I bought my car, there were no such things as 997 GT3RSs, even GT3s. I'm not interested in Turbos, which also weren't out. Just me, but I don't like the AWD feel. To each his own. It is a beast though, and definitely stouter on straights than an RS and now should handle as well/better too. But I'm just 29. I had rapid career growth. Never knew I'd be able to own a 911, let alone put this kind of money into one. With a crystal ball though, yeah, I'd prob go another route. BUT, that's based off of resale value only.
Couldn't agree with this more Jared... although I don't have the extensive modifications or supercharger you have, I got the bug as well prior to the GT3 or GT3RS release... and I'm 29 too! Have fun in Thailand...

Old 06-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Yeah bro. We gotta get to VIR when I get back. You can book stuff on trackschedule.com. I get back on the 20th of July. Let me know when, and where even (somewhere other than VIR is fine too) and we'll meet up and chase each other.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Mike R. is infamous around these parts
You've got a fantastic car. While, I've slowly been evolving mine into a street legal track car with seats, rolls bar, etc., you've taken it to a whole new level. However, there is absolutely no excuse for you to be using white shoe polish for your track number

Old 06-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Mike R.
You've got a fantastic car. While, I've slowly been evolving mine into a street legal track car with seats, rolls bar, etc., you've taken it to a whole new level. However, there is absolutely no excuse for you to be using white shoe polish for your track number
I seriously laughed out loud here. You're right. That's so funny. Dude, I've never thought twice about it.