997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

TPMS module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 02:31 PM
Jlgonza0423 is infamous around these parts
Stalk?

Originally Posted by Fahrer
I have found that going through the menu using the stalk on the steering column solves the issue. Also, make sure your old sensors are not in or near your car.
what exactly do you mean by “Using The Stalk On The Steering Column”?

I’ve scrolled through the menu using the toggle Arm under the blinker and went to the TPMS menu and did the whole reset on selecting the winter or summer tire and rim size and all that but still no luck.

Also replaced the Antenna and still didn’t work for me. So I went ahead and ordered the new Module. I’ll get back on here if that fixed the issue. That YouTube video was my video btw and that was what I was working on which was replacing the antenna because I already had the sensors in the tires replaced. So all that’s left at this point is replacing the module. Cheapest one I found online was this one right here on this sight for anyone looking to save a couple hundred 👍🏼

https://www.newparts.com/product/porsche-tire-pressure-monitoring-system-control-module-genuine-for-porsche-99761810306

Here’s my 08 Porsche

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-11-2020 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:34 AM
Fahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Jlgonza0423

I’ve scrolled through the menu using the toggle Arm under the blinker and went to the TPMS menu and did the whole reset on selecting the winter or summer tire and rim size and all that but still no luck.

Also replaced the Antenna and still didn’t work for me. So I went ahead and ordered the new Module. I’ll get back on here if that fixed the issue. That YouTube video was my video btw and that was what I was working on which was replacing the antenna because I already had the sensors in the tires replaced. So all that’s left at this point is replacing the module. Cheapest one I found online was this one right here on this sight for anyone looking to save a couple hundred 👍🏼

https://www.newparts.com/product/por...he-99761810306

Here’s my 08 Porsche
The toggle arm you refer to is the stalk I was referring to. The only other thing I can think of is what type of TPMS you are using. Some folks have had problems with sensors other than the Huf Beru ( OEM) brand.

Old 05-28-2020, 12:49 PM
CaptainLogin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jlgonza0423

https://www.newparts.com/product/por...he-99761810306

Here’s my 08 Porsche
Did replacing the Module end up working?

Old 06-01-2020, 11:23 AM
CaptainLogin is infamous around these parts
I tried every trick in the book, replaced all 4 sensors, checked the antenna, and plugged a wire outside of the car into the module. Turned out that the wire extended to the module was broken somewhere (the module itself was fine) and my indie now has to run a new wire. This little TPMS issue turned into 2k worth of work. I had heard the 997.2 was bulletproof, but this seems to be the primary issue plaguing these cars. Anyone else have a similar experience? I wonder if it could have happened when a previous owner updated the exhaust, suspension, or EVO...or if there was any other way this wire could get broken.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:16 AM
Poorshe is infamous around these parts
2011 Carrera. Right rear tpms intermittently stops working. I replaced the sensor, antenna and control module to no avail. I too suspected a bad wire or connector. How did you test with a wire direct to the control module. How do you know which pin for each wheel antenna. If I can go by wire color for incoming wire I could splice into this wire.

Old 01-13-2021, 02:09 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Poorshe
2011 Carrera. Right rear tpms intermittently stops working. I replaced the sensor, antenna and control module to no avail. I too suspected a bad wire or connector. How did you test with a wire direct to the control module. How do you know which pin for each wheel antenna. If I can go by wire color for incoming wire I could splice into this wire.
Sounds like you've done a lot of troubleshooting. With a 9-year old car and sensor batteries having a life well short of 7 years, have you complexity ruled out sensor battery failure or pending failure?

Old 01-13-2021, 04:10 PM
I replaced the sensor in wheel ,right rear, as well as corresponding antenna and control unit but no change. It will function for days or one drive before getting message partially monitoring. No idea what next step to take. Relearning works almost every time. Any suggestions?

Old 01-20-2021, 09:20 AM
I have replaced every part of tpms with no change so have to give up. If I set car to relearn every time start car it will work almost every time so am doing that. Just guessing but wonder if it is a computer problem but that is beyond my experience.

Old 01-31-2021, 07:39 AM
Mr.Incredible is infamous around these parts
My 997.1 C2S TPMS haven't worked since I bought it three years ago. When I picked it up, they sorta worked, by the time I got home they didn't. I bought replacements and had them installed and never got them to work. Took it to an indy Porsche shop and they couldn't get it to work either. I gave up, at least until I have to buy new tires. For such a tiny/simple function, it's very frustrating that they're so finicky, especially given how many cars on the road have them and work no problem.