997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Question For Damptronic Owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Fast997S is infamous around these parts
Question For Damptronic Owners

Well I'm planning to buy a set of Bilstein PSS damptronics for my carrera s, but im worried that they will make the ride alot rougher. I rarely use the PASM sport mode, so will the damptronics make the ride rougher in normal mode? I'm also looking for about an inch drop. Also, are the damptronics adjustable via the shock or do they only have two settings via the PASM button? Thanks.

Last edited by Fast997S; 06-08-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:57 AM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
I am interested in this also. Too bad there are no responses.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:29 PM
MrBonus is infamous around these parts
The difference in ride quality is minimal unless you are on awful roads. It's definitely more compliant and sharp than stock but could hardly be characterized as harsh or rough. In my opinion, if the ride were to bother you with PSS Damptronics, you probably bought the wrong car in the first place.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:29 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Never saw the post on Sunday, the suspension is about 30% stiffer then stock in both settings. In normal mode it is about half way between the normal and sport setting of the stock suspension. I don't mind the ride in normal on the streets, on the track the Sport Setting is awesome.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:24 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Here's an old PM I sent to another member who asked me about the ride quality of damptronics:
" In regards to the Bilsteins: they improved handling. More than likely due to the lowered ride height and tighter suspension.

Ride quality (in terms of comfort) did go down a bit: the car is noisier over most roads, and its a little stiffer than stock. Not as stiff as the stock sport mode, but kind of in between Normal PASM and Sport. Sport mode with the Bilsteins is just as stiff but again, better composed. Another factor could be my larger rims and smaller profile series tires.

The car is definitely better at cornering and powering out of turns now and its just a joy to drive. It really feels as if a "layer" has been removed between the driver and road, but in a good way since the feedback is dialed in the right amount.

I would say that if you really enjoy the comfort of your ride right now and don't have a need to improve handling or lower the car, then the upgrade is not worth it.

I really didn't have a choice since I wanted to lower the car more and wanted the car to be as close to stock suspension feel as possible (which I feel it is now ). Springs wouldn't have given me that security given all the mixed reviews here on 6speed.

The fact that you can adjust the ride height is an even bigger plus. I'm set to about GT3 height, and it looks just about right with my body kit and wheels."

Old 06-10-2008, 05:37 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by spyder997s
Another factor could be my larger rims and smaller profile series tires.
I would think that this is a huge contributing factor in noise and ride stiffness. I run 18" on the track and the car is smooth but firm and planted!

Old 06-11-2008, 09:13 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fast997S
Also, are the damptronics adjustable via the shock or do they only have two settings via the PASM button? Thanks.
They are not adjustable from the shock only get stiffer when you press the button for PASM. I came from H&R springs to Damptronics and the difference was well worth the switch. If you want to lower the car and keep the PASM button I feel this is the only way to go. If you don't mind losing the PASM then my suggestion would be to go with KW.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
They are not adjustable from the shock only get stiffer when you press the button for PASM. I came from H&R springs to Damptronics and the difference was well worth the switch. If you want to lower the car and keep the PASM button I feel this is the only way to go. If you don't mind losing the PASM then my suggestion would be to go with KW.
I have heard that if going to a CO without PASM connectivity that Moton's are the best. The Damptronics are an excellent system and a huge step up from the stock system.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:09 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
I was just thinking in terms of similar price points. Motons would be a top choice for sure, but are about twice as much as the Bilsteins and KW's.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:46 PM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
I'll agree with everything posted here. Damptronics about mid way between Normal and Sport with Damptronic sport a factor stiffer than stock Sport. Properly lowering with true coil overs and being able to corner balance is a real treat. As I'm trading in for a GT3, my Damptronics are available...