997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

warranty issues involving tracking car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 09:05 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike R.
I would be very, very surprised if Porsche attempted to void a warranty based solely on track use. While the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act and relevant state law would apply, Porsche is certainly aware that it would create major P.R. problems. Their marketing is based on their cars' racing lineage.
+1 on that, they promote the track use in the Porsche Sport Driving School. Perhaps the use of these cars is only acceptable when the cars are there own! I really doubt that Porsche will deny any warranty unless it is abused or modified, and that either one of these are the source of the problem, which to me would be acceptable. Driving the car on the Track in a DE, and something goes wrong, then it should be covered under warranty.

I have spoken to PCNA about the warranty in the past, I am a Canadian with a US car. The local dealer (only one) doesn't like these cars and has made things very difficult to get an appointment, PCNA has told me that they will not allow this treatment and that Porsche wants all there customers to feel welcome, as it is a long term relationship. They also gave me a list of people to contact if I did have problems with the dealer.