997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

eurowheelusa - stay away!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 12:53 PM
mrgroove is infamous around these parts
Angry eurowheelusa - stay away!

OK - Firstly I'm not one who normally complains... with that said I have to report on this bad experience so that someone else can avoid the same company and mistake.

The history - purchased some wheels a company on ebay: http://myworld.ebay.com/eurowheelsus...MEFSX:SELLERID
Everything seemed cool - great price and general response time was good. Purchased the wheels and shipping was fast. So far so good...

Sent the wheels off to be painted and then noticed on the wheel having got them back that they are in fact Made n China. Great! I know, I know - I should have looked more closely when I received them. Hindsight is 20/20...

Problem 1 - Wheels were not as advertised and were made in China and not in Italy as stated. Here's the add they're running now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-PO...spagenameZWDVW
It STILL States they are made in ITALY... but are in fact are made in China. Emailed them about this and got no response! Waited... waited... zip!

Problem 2 - OK - maybe it wasn't such a big deal that they were made in China. SO I decided to mount them. Turns out the radius of the cup receptacle inside the wheel for the lug nut is a different radius than the standard Porshce one!! F'in Great! Once again I emailed them... no response. Emailed them - got no response again - shocker! I have a local Engineering shop who helped me out with this and re-machined the radius of the conical washer for the new wheel. OK, now I'm happy.

Problem 3 - After mounting them - I notice a vibration throughout the car.. it's actually very minor and some of it may be due to the 25 profile tires on the rear. Howeever, it's enough to slowly **** you off...

I now have an appoitment with a Hunter 9700, spoke to the owner of the Tire Center who's actually at this moment very confident he can fix either the bad balance job, poor wheel or whatever is causing this vibration.

So my advice... never use EUROWHEELSUSA on ebay, they're scamming customers and once they have your money prepare to be completely ignored. Here's the link to the ebay store:http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/eurowheelsusa/

STAY THE HELL AWAY!!!!!!
mrgroove is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Old 06-19-2008, 01:19 PM
DCI
DCI is infamous around these parts
Non OEM wheels of this size are always a risk to be out of round, out of balance and bend very easy. Stick with good branded aftermarket wheel set or OEM in the future. It sucks that they won't respond....blast them in the feedback area. Hope it all works out!!

Old 06-19-2008, 01:21 PM
mark911997sC is infamous around these parts
The wheels on the site are really cheap. Sometimes when you go cheap it ends up costing more. buy nice or buy twice.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:25 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Never heard of them, would never use them on my cars.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:31 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
I did not know rape was legal

Old 06-19-2008, 01:37 PM
surfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura aboutsurfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura about
Unfortunately, its one of those cases of "you get what you pay for". That's why, for me personally, its always a little better to spend the extra cash and get something more reputable.

But its still no excuse for poor customer service and misleading info on the part of the seller.

Hope it all works out.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:42 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
When it comes to wheels I always buy name brand from brick & mortar suppliers or known sellers. Too many horror stories (like this one) regarding quality, balance & fit issues.

I hope you can resolve the dilemma you're in.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:48 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I looked at Replica's for my Track wheels, but with the speed and pounding that I was going to expose the wheels to. I purchased a set of used 997 C2 18" wheels, a little heavy but will hold up to the abuse.

Sorry to say, but I agree you get what you pay for!

Old 06-19-2008, 02:38 PM
leneuromancer has a spectacular aura aboutleneuromancer has a spectacular aura about
did you buy through eBay and/or PayPal? They have some pretty good resolution options if your not a happy camper??

Old 06-19-2008, 03:37 PM
mrgroove is infamous around these parts
I'm not sure I can at this point... since they're painted and mounted... not a day goes by where I wish I would have just invested a little more up front! I like that saying above though - how true... Buy nice or buy twice... to darn true!!!!!

Old 06-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Andre5 is infamous around these partsAndre5 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AP 997S
When it comes to wheels I always buy name brand from brick & mortar suppliers or known sellers. Too many horror stories (like this one) regarding quality, balance & fit issues.
Unfortunately, that's not always the case. I bought a set of "authentic" BBS CH wheels from an ebay seller w/ a brick and mortar store in So Cal. Turns out the wheels were counterfeit. Cost of the wheels and shipping was refunded, but I lost out on mounting, balancing, and dismounting costs.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Those ebay links are already dead, could be yanked already.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:34 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Andre5
Unfortunately, that's not always the case. I bought a set of "authentic" BBS CH wheels from an ebay seller w/ a brick and mortar store in So Cal. Turns out the wheels were counterfeit. Cost of the wheels and shipping was refunded, but I lost out on mounting, balancing, and dismounting costs.
Reputable stores like Wheel Enhancement (in So Cal), Tire Rack, Globe Tire, etc. are trusted sources in my book. I suspect your 'counterfeit' BBS wheels were really at a get price which supports my other axiom . . . . If it's too good to be true it probably isn't.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:53 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
+1 on that, buying wheels and tires are perhaps the most important decision that you can make for your car. They are the only part in contact with the ground.

Old 06-21-2008, 12:06 PM
BSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the info!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: eurowheelusa - stay away!