997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Fabspeed mufflers Imitation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 05:15 PM
pcarr is infamous around these parts
thanks Jemery at Fabspeed. Fortunately the seller agrees to take back the mufflers.The "drama" ended. Lessen learned. Next time buy from manufacturer. No more used EBAY equipment. Like a box of chocolate, you don't know what you gonna get.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:33 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow- what a hassle you went through. Glad you got to return them!

You may want to consider holding out for a set of these new sport pipes, they sound freaking amazing: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=134510

They should have the 997 version ready soon-

Old 06-23-2008, 06:02 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
p0rsch3, the afterhour mufflers sound good..look really light too.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:21 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
I can only describe them in one word... A-W-E-S-O-M-E

After 1200 miles I can't find one negative thing to say about em- This product definitely fills the gap between traditional sport mufflers and bypass pipes, it is like getting the best features of both breeds.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:31 PM
you're right, sounds awesome. keep us posted on availability.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:40 PM
will do- i'm going down to their shop tomorrow to pick up my GT3 wing, and I'll see what's up. Last I heard they were looking for someone local in SoCal with a 997 or 997S to "donate" their car for a few hours so the exit pipe length could be measured (these use your factory tips). The deal was the donor gets a set of pipes at cost of mfr. and a free install (that is how I got my set, btw- I was the test mule.. heh).

If the offer still stands, any takers? Brian (owner) is a super nice guy.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:01 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I currently have Fabspeed on my 997S and have a 2009 on order which I understand the pipes are a little different. I wonder how long it will take any of the aftermarket muffler guys to come up with a new set of mufflers for the 2009 car?

Old 06-24-2008, 07:03 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
The version of Fabspeed that you sent back, is interesting, here's why:

-I had a set of Fabspeed mufflers on my 996, and they were awesome. Great sound, clean build, easy install.
-So when I got my current 997, I ordered a set of Fabspeed mufflers. What arrived looked like what you got, which is in fact NOTHING like the last set I had. The welds were messy, the metal looked cheap, and even the logo wasn't welded on, it was instead stamped into the metal. I installed it. What a disaster. Install took 2 days because nothing fit- not even Fabspeed to Fabspeed parts fit together. I had to go to a machine shop to have the connectors made wider. I finally got them installed, and the sound was lousy- it was no different from OEM non-PSE whatsoever. A joke.
-I sent them back.
-Fabspeed apologized and sent me a set which looks like the set you posted with the logo welded on. Welds were clean, parts fit, and the sound is terrific.

So what was the deal with the first set, with the logo stamped into the side, which seems to be the same you got? Why is Fabspeed sending out 2 different models, one vastly superior to the other?

I would feel bad for anyone who received the inferior model, not knowing there is a better made set also being sent out for the same price by Fabspeed.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:57 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
For all the enthusiasts who have a 2009 Carrera on order-----so do we.
We will continue to fabricate exhaust systems as well as the 200 cell sport catalytic converters, headers, catbypass pipes, muffler bypass pipes and also tips.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by Joey@fabspeed
For all the enthusiasts who have a 2009 Carrera on order-----so do we.
We will continue to fabricate exhaust systems as well as the 200 cell sport catalytic converters, headers, catbypass pipes, muffler bypass pipes and also tips.
Sounds good (pun intended!) I guess I will have to drive around in quiet stock mode for a while. My dealer said I will have there 1st 2009 Carrera S and my delivery is slated for October.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Good thing I returned the mufflers to the seller then. You never know what you gonna get, on Ebay.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:45 PM
tanman is infamous around these parts
Installed The Fabspeed muffler on my C4S, my question is does the stock tip stick out quite a bit more than stock after install. I noticed mine is a good 2" out more than normal. (save all the jokes from the last comment}
I did call Fabspeed with lukewarm response, " that should be normal ". I will check to see that all the signs of the superior model are on the muffler. I am surprised that there are different production models, and even alarmed that the inferior model is so bad.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by tanman
Installed The Fabspeed muffler on my C4S, my question is does the stock tip stick out quite a bit more than stock after install. I noticed mine is a good 2" out more than normal. (save all the jokes from the last comment}
I did call Fabspeed with lukewarm response, " that should be normal ". I will check to see that all the signs of the superior model are on the muffler. I am surprised that there are different production models, and even alarmed that the inferior model is so bad.
wow they really said that? It should fit the same as the stock mufflers, unless the set you got was not made correctly. I've seen china mufflers do this (what do you expect) - but I would not expect this from quality mufflers.

I hate that hotrod effect

Old 06-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Mine stick out a little too far as well. With some jiggering, I got them about .5 inch out more than OEM, but Fabspeed needs to correct that issue.

It is extremely disappointing that Fabspeed is or was shipping out 2 models, one which is vastly poorer quality than the other. However, when I called them to complain about the POS they sent me, they apologized and sent me a well made unit right away. But yeah, they still do stick out a little too far.
CATTMAN

Old 06-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Crossing Fabspeed off the list..........

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed mufflers Imitation?