997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

So many MODS so little TIME

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 11:52 AM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gomez
Thanks! Yeah I wanted a more "pure" wing design. ALMS style. All the mods that I do will be for when this car becomes my weekend track car and not my daily. So the next thing will be seats and a second set of tires/wheels that are not 20s. super charger...... ahhhhh some day.

Well it looks good. I did the same thing for my GT3.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:55 AM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by surfingbuddhist
Looks awesome! I tried the yellow lens film too, but took them off after a few days for the same reason. I love the RS wing, looks really nice. What screens are you using for your GT3 bumper?
I got the screens and most everything done on my car at GMG. Great working with them...they are the best. Here is the link to the screens

http://www.gmgracing.com/porsche_aero.shtml

Old 06-24-2008, 12:01 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
I would recommend MA Shaw for sure. Super nice guy and his product is top notch. Also the fitment is great and the quality is spot on.

http://mashaw.biz/

wow the car looks amazing. I would recommend black wheels and black out everything . it'll look hot trust me

did you get your wing from mashaw?

Old 06-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
Gomez thanks a lot for the pictures, your ride is looking hot. By the way what's the difference between the Ma Shaw rs wing and the vorsteiner. They look very similar.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:41 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
yes the wing I have is from MA Shaw. Fits great and great quality. To be honest I can't see the difference between the MA Shaw version and the Vorsteiner version. I'm sure both are great products. I've heard nothing but praise for both companies.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:46 PM
shooterguy is infamous around these parts
The car looks great. I like the yellow lenses.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
car looks great the RS tail looks perfect with your GT3 bumper.. just wondering, what does the inside of the MA Shaw RS decklid look like. did they copy the location of the intake vent and fans for the 997? because on the oem GT3 or RS, the intake is on the top right. thanks

Old 06-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
car looks great the RS tail looks perfect with your GT3 bumper.. just wondering, what does the inside of the MA Shaw RS decklid look like. did they copy the location of the intake vent and fans for the 997? because on the oem GT3 or RS, the intake is on the top right. thanks
Here I took a quick pic ....kinda dirty and dark but you get the idea. I want to get all the stickers that where in there before (like the mobile 1 info) just cuz I'm OCD. hahah Any one know where I can pick those up. Attention to detail I guess

Old 06-25-2008, 11:06 AM
surfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura aboutsurfingbuddhist has a spectacular aura about
Any one know where I can pick those up.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...spagenameZWDVW

Old 06-25-2008, 01:11 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
You can also buy them from the dealership. It's not that expensive.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:27 PM
thanks.. exactly what i was looking for. one more question, did you use you oem 997 fan and bolts or.. did you have to upgrade to the GT3 fan?

Here I took a quick pic ....kinda dirty and dark but you get the idea. I want to get all the stickers that where in there before (like the mobile 1 info) just cuz I'm OCD. hahah Any one know where I can pick those up. Attention to detail I guess

Old 06-25-2008, 01:30 PM
thanks.. exactly what i was looking for. one more question, did you use you oem 997 fan and bolts or.. did you have to upgrade to the GT3 fan?
I knew they needed to buy a new fan but not sure if it was a GT3 fan. Does the one in the pic look like yours?

Old 06-25-2008, 01:38 PM
yeah.. that looks like the same gt3 fan i have. i think the standard 997 fan only has 3 prongs. here is a picture of mine for reference. sorry for the low res picture, it was taken with my iphone.

I knew they needed to buy a new fan but not sure if it was a GT3 fan. Does the one in the pic look like yours?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0332.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	73218  

Last edited by Daytonaviolet; 06-25-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:57 PM
yeah.. that looks like the same gt3 fan i have. i think the standard 997 fan only has 3 prongs. here is a picture of mine for reference. sorry for the low res picture, it was taken with my iphone.
Thanks for the reference. Yeah looks like the same fan. All these engine pics got me thinking about a super charger

Oh and thanks for link to the engine stickers surfingbuddhist

Last edited by gomez; 06-25-2008 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:03 AM
alex@wheelexperts is infamous around these parts
car looks great!

looks like a familiar spot too haha... CV across from soup plantation in the Scripps parking lot? lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So many MODS so little TIME