997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

nitrous oxide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 08:47 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
I don't think there is anything wrong with NOS and correct me if I'm wrong but depending on the setup you can remove it quite easily and with out trace if you do happen to blow your engine.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:58 AM
BeastRides101 is infamous around these parts
Yeah, depends on the setup, some are injected through your intake and could be hidden pretty easily, as well as systems that run off a throttle body plate. Just remove or replace and I think nobody would be able to tell it was there.

Other systems are drilled in and would not be so easily removed, but of course I'm not an expert.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:07 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Try it out and let us know how it goes. If it blows up then count me out

Old 06-23-2008, 09:43 AM
caymanSuper is just really nicecaymanSuper is just really nicecaymanSuper is just really nicecaymanSuper is just really nicecaymanSuper is just really nice
I had a nitrous kit on my e46 m3, it was a 130 shot (130rwhp) and (130rwtq). It was not setup when you hit a button on the steering wheel it was when you floor the gas it kicked in at a set rpm.The power was unbelievable!!!

I had my brother drive my m3 and I drove my 997 carrera S. We did a few runs from 45mph to 145mph with, and without using the nitrous.

Run 1- Using NO NOS, I (in the porsche) pulled the m3 by about 3 or so cars.

Run2- Using NOS, The m3 immediately jumped off of me and continued to pull about 10 cars by 145mph.

The nitrous was great, its the best proformance gain that you can get for the money.

Give it a try and let us know how it works out. Good luck!

I have seen this done before. I belive he guy used the fabpeed 997 cold air kit arm instead of the oem intake arm. Not sure why, but he recommended using it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	997_22.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	72909  

Last edited by caymanSuper; 06-23-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:00 AM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
what would you expect to pay for this mod in a 997?

Old 06-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Whirlinturbin is infamous around these parts
Old 06-23-2008, 11:55 AM
xandi911 is infamous around these parts
everybody who talks that a nitrous sistem will blow your engine dont know what is talking about...

nitrous is very safe, and isnt like fast and furious. the best HP/MONEY.

IF YOU have a carrera S with 355hp and put it a supercharger to 600 hp youll probably blow your engine too...

with NOS is the same thing. if you put to much HP on it, the risk is the same. every body talks bad about NOS because its very easy to upgrade the power of your car. if you have 50HP... and want more, in 15 minutes you can put 100hp, or what you want 200hp, 300 hp and blow your engine too.

in a carrera S the max HP that you can put with 100% of safety is 120hp. if you blow your engine i pay it to you!

off course that in a carrera S you can use more than 120 hp, but the risk is progressive too...

the way the NOS deliver the POWER is priceless.

to finish..

i had a a3 1.8T ecu tune exhaust filter = 230 hp and more 110 HP SHOT nitrous! total = 340 hp aprox...

i used this config about 2 years and nothing, nothing happended.
STOCK clutch, gearbox , engine.

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=gax7tbu9q1k nitrous starts at 60km/h

Old 06-23-2008, 12:36 PM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
Alright guys so after hearing all of your comments which I thank you all for they were informative for me. I called my friend that does my work and he is installing a hundred shot dry system in my car on Wednesday I'll report my opinions as soon as I drive it.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:53 PM
MO996 is infamous around these parts
How die the nitrous work out?

Old 07-23-2008, 11:55 PM
MO996 is infamous around these parts
Oops, How did the nitrous work out?

Old 07-24-2008, 12:01 PM
no nitrous. was told by my shop it was not going to work something with the pistons. After they told me it wouldn't work I pretty much tuned out. I already had a $1,000 deposit on it.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Lowerit is infamous around these parts
I never post , but found this intriguing. You got 2 pages worth of useless information

Dry setup at 100Hp is not the greatest idea. Get a wideband 02 and make sure you are not running lean , this is the # 1 cause of nitrous failure...

Also watch out for detonation , Nitrous doesn't like a lot of timing

With too much of a shot it tends to melt cat converters.(from running lean)

a Wet shot that doesn't use a reference line for fuel is a lot better. That way you can dump fuel in and not worry about lean conditions

Get a ""window switch" This way even if you trigger it too early , it is set to come on between a designated RPM. (best is between 3000 and 6000) Most cars tend to run lean from the factory the higher they go in the RPM.

Crank failures (due to shock) below 3000RPM are not uncommon in most cars. Don't expect to arm it at the lights and do anything but spin the tires.

Thats pretty much the extent of my info. Nitrous is fun , anyone who disagrees hasn't had it.

Expensive? Your cars are 100K new and $6 for a Lb. of nitrous is expensive? You get about 15 1/4 mile runs from a 10Lbs bottle with a 75-100 Shot.

Cheap fun , you will want a blower the first time the bottle is empty and you come across someone faster.

Also get an electric bottle pressure gauge. Spraying at 700psi is useless ,it will come on so gradual due to low pressure it will be barely noticeable. 1200Psi with a bottle warmer (with thermostat) will hit like a sludge hammer.

I have found on various cars I have run nitrous on that an advertised 100 Shot is pretty damm close to 100 RWHP and Bucket loads of TQ. Nitrous usually doesn't provide a huge top end scream and tends to really enhance torque. That comes from experience of dynoing more then 1 car on the bottle.

It will work on any car , but I would say with something as high strung as a porsche it needs to be really well engineered to be safe. I would guesstimate $3000 to make it a good setup.

JM
Too many cars too list.

Last edited by Lowerit; 07-24-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CURI0
Kind of come off sounding ignorant. Nitrous is for old buicks not worth anything? Come on, grow up.

Many professional drag teams use nitrous as a power adder. They race vehicles worth much more than many carrera's put together.
WOW ! I get the sense that CURIO's a big fan of Nitrous !!
Lot's of emotion over what appear to be benign comments from others.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:51 PM
and he starts his post talking about ignorance!

Old 07-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FASTLANE
and he starts his post talking about ignorance!
This does not really make sense. It is somehow ignorant to call out those who make incorrect blanket statements?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: nitrous oxide