997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The SOFTRONICS Contest

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
The SOFTRONICS Contest

I was one of the 3 winners of the contest and shortly after I received the tuned file I had to jump on an airplane. I tried to download the file, but didn't quite complete the task. As soon as I get home on 6-26-08 I will be doing the upload and I will provide comments on what differences I can feel in the cars performance.
Mr. B

Old 06-24-2008, 09:29 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
First Impressions

Originally Posted by Mr. B
I was one of the 3 winners of the contest and shortly after I received the tuned file I had to jump on an airplane. I tried to download the file, but didn't quite complete the task. As soon as I get home on 6-26-08 I will be doing the upload and I will provide comments on what differences I can feel in the cars performance.
Mr. B

The upload is done. I needed help because I didn't know how to unzip a file, but that's my computer illiteracy. Also, I managed to let my battery die, but it's been charged up and I went out for a half hour. Clearly, not enough time, but I have a road trip coming up this weekend, so I'll report more later.

Anyway, my "seat-of-the-pants" first impression is that the car definitely feels stronger, and it accelerates more aggressively. I like to drive with the Sport button engaged, but not the stiffer shock setting, because I like the more sensitive throttle response with Sport on. Anyway, my first impressions are good. More later.

Mr. B

Old 06-26-2008, 12:21 PM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
I have the softronic flash also and I noticed the difference changed after I put about 30-50 miles on the car and everything adjusted and it was stronger feeling than after it was first done you need to put some miles on it.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:53 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I did 2 days of track time at Sebring a few weeks ago and the midrange is crisper and the car seems to pull through the corner better. The throttle responce with the sport setting on seems to be a little to touchy though making it harder than ever to modulate the throttle in corners. The fuel curve is definitly differnet because my mufflers turned white and inside the exhaust tips turned a little white. The fans were running more too.