997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Are PCCB's really worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 11:08 PM
Nugget is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I said nothing of braking distances
Uh, ok. "As for braking distances..."

Old 06-27-2008, 11:28 PM
cnc
Awaiting Email Confirmation
cnc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by KBS911
So the question is, are the PCCB's really worth the money?
Absolutely and even twice the price (like Ferrari).

Old 06-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Wink

Originally Posted by cnc
Absolutely and even twice the price (like Ferrari).
I would go three times the price, but no more. Enough is enough after all.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:08 PM
skyytek is infamous around these parts
just took delivery of my TT - after much churning of the grey matter - I changed my order about 2mths ago to have PCCB. I do not regret it what-so-ever. after about 200 miles - they are simply fantastic - almost surgical.

I think if their were only 2 options I could get on the TT - it would be PCCB and the sports chrono (of course).

Old 07-02-2008, 10:00 PM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
Pccb are worth it when You are buying a used car. They command about 4,000. depending on the car.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:04 PM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
what's it cost to replace the rotors any one?

Old 07-03-2008, 12:44 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
997RS is infamous around these parts
depends on how you use the car, tracking or daily

Old 07-03-2008, 05:39 AM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
The mechanic at my dealership said that PCCB's were a good deal if you track, as pad costs dropped precipitously, over the course of a season. He said he has guys who guy through pads like crazy with steels, not so with PCCB's. I haven't tracked any cars, I am just relaying one opinion.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:23 AM
emilgh is infamous around these partsemilgh is infamous around these parts
Yes. Totally worth it.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Doc986 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mdrums
It has ben said here before:

1- if you plan on tracking your car DO NOT get PCCB as they do not hold up well and the rotors are thousands of dollars to replace.

2- of you have the money and want the bling of PCCB and only drive on the street then get them.

Personally I was thinking of getting them on my 09 but after meeting a few guys at the track that have them and seeing that they are not holding up and nowing track guys that went back to steels brakes I learn about PCCB at there expense.
This has been my exact experience also.

They're terrific if you're obsessed with weight reduction, but durability is a question.

I decided against them.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:18 PM
cephas is infamous around these parts
if 10k every few years is nothing to you, worth is so much. (and if 10k is nothing to you, you should get new car every 2 years)
If 10k is a lot to you, then forget it.
So worth it or not is not about 10k, it is about how much is 10k worth for you.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:06 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
The stock turbo brakes are awesome and u get almost as much breakpower.
if u donīt know what to do with ur money buy the PCCBs. if u are looking to get a lot for less money, stick to the stock brakes.
Most of the Porsche Cup drivers here in germany use the steel ones by the way! if u don`t know how to treat them u can ruin them as quickly as the steel ones.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:22 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
I thought the pads are supposed to last much longer and rotors for life? Not true?

Old 07-04-2008, 07:09 AM
b911s is infamous around these parts
From what I have learned, the PCCB rotors will last much much longer than the steel rotors, especially when tracking is involved. I have talked to Porsches regional driving instructors and they have said that with the steel's they are replacing rotors all the time but the pccb's keep on going. They would estimate that the pccb's will last 10 times as long as steel rotors under the same driving conditions. The pads show no difference in wear and last the same amount of time and are relativley the same cost. To put this in perspective a set of steel rotors cost around $607, the pccb rotor's around $10,000. So you could almost replace the steel's 17 times for the same cost as the pccb's. The pccb's are also more delicate and can be damaged easier. If you look at this, there is no question that the steel's offer a much better value and it has been proven that they offer almost, if not the the exact same stopping power and fade resistance as the pccb's. There is the benefit of the relative lack of brake dust produced by the pccb's, but thats alot to pay for no brake dust, you can buy a ton of wheel cleaner and even hire someone to clean them for the cost difference. In addition, the pccb's will not be worth that much if anything at all when it comes time to trade it.

I got them because I like the latest technology and the lack of brake dust was a huge plus because it drives me nuts. The cost of replacing the rotor's was not a real factor.

Bottom line is(IMAO)-If you are on here asking questions trying to justify the cost difference for the benefit and the money is a stretch for you then there is no question to pass. If trying to justify the benefit alone and money is not a factor, then it's still a little tough to justify. If when the time comes to write a check for $10,000 for replacements doesnt bother you and you like to have the latest technology toys, then check the box beside PCCB when you place your order, you will not be dissappointed.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:58 AM
b911s

thanks for your comments. Just to play devils advocate, Is that $607 installed? My labor costs on my Porsche are usually way more than parts costs. So the question then is what are the costs for having Porsche replace 4 rotors on red? yellow? labor and everything. Then multiply red x 10, and lets see how it works out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are PCCB's really worth it?