997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Cheap Way to Get Some Leather?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 12:25 PM
JohnAMG is infamous around these parts
If you do order OEM leather parts, don't forget the installation charge( especially for dash and center console) By the time you add up everything, you might as well order the car with it. Also I am always leary of creating rattles after the tech. remove anything.

John

Old 03-24-2011, 01:05 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
i wouldn't try to add aftermarket parts by pieces.. how much can u really save ?

i really like the full leather treatment on my car.. wouldn't get a 997 without it. =)

every time, i get in the car and look at my dash, i m glad i have the leather..

it sounds like u prefer it, too.

don't end up with a $100k car without the options u want.. whats the point ?

Old 03-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nullspace
I'm currently choosing options for my 2009 order, and I've got a couple weeks left to nail it down. Sure it's an expensive car, but I like to save money where possible. I want some of the leather options, but full leather just seems overpriced.

Does anyone know if I can get a few of the pieces as loose parts and throw them on myself? The important bits to me are the sides of the center console (where your knees rest), and the top trim on the door. I could probably live without the rest.

Would I save money that way?
In answer to your question, you can get some of the parts new from Suncoast or most all of them used from one of the many Porsche dismanting companies who advertise on the internet.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Some eye candy:

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook